My chickens my life my rabbits,new pics pg13

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA Thanks, I did actually have Flemish giants...hence my user name, but I switched over to NZ's this pair I got now, I believe are NZ mixed with FG or a LOP somewere in the mix, because the Bucks ears helicopter? But like someone pointed put, he could have been injured when he was younger...They have the body and temperment of a FG with the size of a NZ. The buck is about 7 lbs, and the doe is around 8 or 9, also they are not fully grown yet, so i think they still have a few more lbs to put on!!Im excited to see how the kits grow out<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 am __________<br /><br />The does cage is 2 1/2 feet wide in the front were the door is and 5 ft deep 2 ft high...which seems to be a perfect size for all my does...My Bucks bachelor pad is 4 ft long 2 ft wide 2ft high, so hes doing pretty good for himself also lol

I was curious to the breed because I have a NZW that is just huge. The lady I bought her from said she was a good producer and had large litters (which she hasn't produced for me yet) I didn't realize quite how big she was till I tried to breed her and she tried to dominate 2 of my bucks. She probably weighs 12 Lbs. which is about 3-4 Lbs more than my bucks. the 3rd buck bred her but it didn't take. She now is supposedly bred and I should know something in 2 weeks. I'm hoping for some large buns like my 1 Lb. 15 day buns.

lol My other real NZW I bought was supposed to be "GOOD MILK PRODUCER" AND "had large litters" She didnt take 2 times, I believe cause of her weight, she was around 12 lbs also and had a huge dewlap lol...Im debating wether to breed her agaon

^ That is what my doe has... her dewlap is HUGE... lol it's kinda funny. Mostly happens when she is nursing.

ill take better pics in the day time lol they sure do squirm a bunch

Attachments

• IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 670
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 670
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 670
lol maybe I shouldnt pf scraped poop with my hands before the pic lol...time to take out the samdpaper and nail clippers...thanks..the last pic is sctually the smaller of the 9 kits, ....so i guess shes doin a good job

LOL No one cares. If that's not true then I'll just say I don't. I spend everyday walking in goat and chicken and sheep poop being barefoot - doesn't faze (sorry can't remember how to spell) me.

I hardly even noticed. lol

lol have fun on vaca!!!!!<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:58 am __________<br /><br />My kits eyes are starting to open...I must take pics......Still all 9 are thriving!!

so cute<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm __________<br /><br />

Attachments

• IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 647
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 646
They are starting to run around like cray cray!!<br /><br />__________ Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:16 pm __________<br /><br />How the heck are these little 12 day old eating clover????!!!!! Crazy!! They must be early developing...I wonder if theres a link between young moms, with large litters, and early developing kits?? or is this just normal?

It's normal for them to start on greens as soon as they encounter them. It's also healthy. They will just nibble at this point, but it will help them develop the correct gut flora to digest all kinds of greens later on. :)

Thanks Mj, they really are experimenting, Clover, carrots,kale, spinach,Endive, bread AND alfalfa hay lol,,,I got some adventurous kits

Attachments

• IMAG0203-1.jpg
    IMAG0203-1.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 625

Latest posts

Back