My chickens my life my rabbits,new pics pg13

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love teaching them how... it's SO cute and I am so proud when they use it, lol. I made the most hillbilly looking contraption for their water bottle. I had a wooden hutch so there was no way to hang a bottle where they could reach it... well, IT LOOKED BAD

Awwww The bunny is just too cute! Love the chickens too! Are those Red Star chickens? They look like our 4 girls. :)

Yes they are, they are from a cross I did myself, with A heritage RIR male and A white rock female.... PROLIFIC layers....I should get into it again, I loked my Leghorn Barred rock crosses!!! I used to hatch out around 300 and they sold like... HOTCAKES ,<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm __________<br /><br />MY NZW is due in 3 DAYS!!!!lets see if my buck did the job!!

Thats neat about doing your own crosses and yes you should do it again with the chicken craze still in full swing! Your hens are beautiful! Wish you were closer, I'd buy me some of your pullets! :)
Its been great fun for DD and I to watch different places change the laws to allow folks to have a few hens. I'm glad. Nothin' better than farm fresh eggs. We love our chickens. My DD has her chickens and she spoils them rotten! :)

You got it AMC, All my hens are sex links, roosters are dorn white with a stripe on back, like the usual crosses, they hatcheries use a "watered down" production red rooster over a white rock type hen, by using a heritage RIR they are mahogany almost, and my crosses have a more brick type body and are less suceptable ? to being egg bound etc, When i hatched out 300 this year actually 243 hatched amazingly and 180 were females, the rest were male and were culled as fryers at 16 weeks, I refuse to ever eat a store bought egg ever again !!!

Flemishstar":20waa3y1 said:
One at a time ladies!!!!

:lol:
how-to-pick-up-chicks-funny-picture.jpg

That is so cool! I'm jealous... I haven't had any kits in about 6 months and I'm freaking out. Can't stand not having babies.

I'm guessing 7 babies.

Wow! Thats a good hatch rate! :p What kind of incubator do you use? :)

Peach :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend has one of those oldwooden ones with the shelfs inside.It was refurbished and updates...25 per tray and they rotate them selves....forced air

__________ Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:31 pm __________

So my 9 kits have all made it to 1 month and a few days, Like I mentioned earlier, I try to start them EARLY in Clover around 2 weeks, and then integrate dandelions,pears, apples,endive,grass,carrots, alfalfa hay, bread And their pellets, by the time they are 3 weeks to a month. Well mom did an awesome job, AND they are all using the water bottle, My question is, beside the runt who is just shy of a LB they all are 1.4lb-1.8lbs ... Is this a good weight so far , Im unsure of their background But there is DEF NZ and FG and Lop somewhere as on of the kits has helicopter ears, as well as the father, These are meat mutts so im just making sure that they are at a good weight with the diet I am feeding them, as Im taking notes for future reference
Thank You
Aldo<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 am __________<br /><br />?

I don't know about the weight thing but I'm glad they are doing well for you Aldo! From what I've read on here, those that are raised bunnies on a mixed diet of pellets and forage have a slower growth rate but folks don't mind keeping them longer b/c they are not putting out cash for the feed bill. Hopefully someone will chime in soon with details of their personal experience. :)<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 am __________<br /><br />That incubator sounds neat! :)

Thanx,My other doe did not take, it shot up to the high 90s today after almost 2 weeks of sunny and low 70s and dry, I came home from work to my NZW foaming at the mouth and VERY limp, SO I had to send her to freezer camp, all the insides looked ok.....,.VERY odd that it was only her, Im sure the extreme shift im temps caused it. but she has been having very clumpy stool on and off for 2 months now, every time I think the problem passed she got it again, so im sure that she was already compromised....

Back