BH's V-Lop Thread (New Baby Pics 09/12)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad Habit":34g3eg1d said:
I wonder if now is the time to admit I've never touched a rex furred rabbit?
Really? :p

You will not expect what it actually feels like.

You read about how soft and plushy they feel. So... you figure they feel like regular rabbit fur, only softer (like how is that possible! :p ) and plush plush plush. Three-week-old bunny fuzz! That's it! They must feel as soft as baby bunny fuzz, except it's super plushy, and they feel that way all their lives! :bouncy:

You figure wrong.

Rex soft is a whole different kind of soft. If you have ever felt super-high-quality COTTON velvet -- not velveteen, not polyester velvet -- COTTON velvet... then that is the kind of soft you are in for!

If you haven't felt real cotton velvet, then you'll just have to wait until you get them! :D

So happy for you, BH!

*whispers that she hasn't ever felt Rex fur, either...maybe a trip to Canada is in order*

I have never touched Rex fur either. I've seen plenty of mini rex locally in the past but from looks alone they did not appeal to me. Since finding out the fur is what makes them special, I haven't seen any around.

Miss M":21ngor1t said:
Bad Habit":21ngor1t said:
I wonder if now is the time to admit I've never touched a rex furred rabbit?
Really? :p

You will not expect what it actually feels like.

You read about how soft and plushy they feel. So... you figure they feel like regular rabbit fur, only softer (like how is that possible! :p ) and plush plush plush. Three-week-old bunny fuzz! That's it! They must feel as soft as baby bunny fuzz, except it's super plushy, and they feel that way all their lives! :bouncy:

You figure wrong.

Rex soft is a whole different kind of soft. If you have ever felt super-high-quality COTTON velvet -- not velveteen, not polyester velvet -- COTTON velvet... then that is the kind of soft you are in for!

If you haven't felt real cotton velvet, then you'll just have to wait until you get them! :D

lol I knew it isn't going to be like baby fuzz, don't really have much expectation going into it. Since I know rex fur lacks guard hairs, I thought maybe it would feel like a shaved down long haired cat. I go into this with no expectations!! The transporter I am getting them from dabbles in mini rex, so she's offered to evaluate the coat for me, since I have absolutely nothing to base it on!

Marinea":21ngor1t said:
So happy for you, BH!

*whispers that she hasn't ever felt Rex fur, either...maybe a trip to Canada is in order*

Any time! Just as long as Alaska's still here when you leave ;)

Cspr":21ngor1t said:
You are not prepared for the brilliance of a rexed coat. :eek:

No, I don't think I am. I have reserved a week of "me time" for after they get here so I can spend the entire time petting them, LOL.

Add me to the list of having never touched a rex rabbit. :( I don't even know anyone around here who has rex, which is probably why it's been impossible to find any!

The only time I have had the opportunity to feel Rex fur was at the show where we bought Yuki. There were lots of Mini Rex there, and I got to touch one. I was so surprised!!!

That's it... I need a Rex. :eek:

Miss M":wdx15wtg said:
The only time I have had the opportunity to feel Rex fur was at the show where we bought Yuki. There were lots of Mini Rex there, and I got to touch one. I was so surprised!!!

That's what I'm afraid of... that once I touch them, I'll need more and more and more!!

Bad Habit":y933cj5l said:
Miss M":y933cj5l said:

That's what I'm afraid of... that once I touch them, I'll need more and more and more!!
Isn't it fortunate... or maybe disastrous... that a couple clearing a couple acres down the street raise Mini Rex, in addition to Californians and other breeds?

Must have Mini Rex... must have Mini Rex...

I wonder when they move? :p

When my dad first touched one of the Mini Rex, he declared it to be made of crushed velvet. :) That's why I couldn't help buying my first MR...it was totally an impulse-buy, I have to admit. I was like "OH MA GAWD IT'S SO SQUISHY" and then, next thing I know, I'm saying to the breeder:

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

LOL, you will be AMAZED. All other rabbits will be slightly disappointing, texture-wise, for the rest of your life.

Just wait until you get a kit with the super-crinkly little curly whiskers. SOCUTE.

..........yes. You will. I did. I now have five adults and three MR kits. More planned. MUST HAVE MOAR. They are like an extremely fast-acting virus. Once infected, you must have them. Lots.

Did I mention my "lone impulse buy" has now created a monster? LOL all but two of my adult rabbits are now MR. ;)

LOL 16 sleeps? Do naps count? ;) If naps count maybe they will get here faster.......

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1rqn89xe said:
When my dad first touched one of the Mini Rex, he declared it to be made of crushed velvet. :) That's why I couldn't help buying my first MR...it was totally an impulse-buy, I have to admit. I was like "OH MA GAWD IT'S SO SQUISHY" and then, next thing I know, I'm saying to the breeder:

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

LOL, you will be AMAZED. All other rabbits will be slightly disappointing, texture-wise, for the rest of your life.

Just wait until you get a kit with the super-crinkly little curly whiskers. SOCUTE.

..........yes. You will. I did. I now have five adults and three MR kits. More planned. MUST HAVE MOAR. They are like an extremely fast-acting virus. Once infected, you must have them. Lots.

Did I mention my "lone impulse buy" has now created a monster? LOL all but two of my adult rabbits are now MR. ;)

LOL 16 sleeps? Do naps count? ;) If naps count maybe they will get here faster.......

SHHHHH. Don't say things like that!! I already have people worried I'm going to replace all the lionheads with velveteens :p. Plus nothing beats the nekked sides of a baby lionhead. Or the downy soft feel of the wool.

Although I am already planning on keeping a kit from Bonnet's litter :p.

Naps don't count :(. And the sleeps is actually an estimated count, because the transport is a HUGE DEAL. The guy's going all over the place to pick up/drop off rabbits. Like, my rabbits are probably going to be picked up in the next couple days, but I won't be getting them til the end of the month... Sometime in the last week. They made a facebook group just to track all of the pick ups and drop offs, lol.

I have seen and touched MANY Mini Rex- BUT I have had the special Privelage to be around Standard Rex and As Muchas I like Mini Rex The standard still Hold my heart, They are so breath taking, and since they are standard they have more fur to pet, I love them,,,Also does anyone else NZW's fur kinda feel like Rex fur or is it just mine? My NZW has that stubby fur?? IDK...BUT someday in the near future when I get my new rabbitry sorted out Im goin to have Standard rex///And maybe a "mini" or two

Rabbits have still not been picked up yet. They'll be in transport for about 2ish weeks, getting from Ohio to New York, then to Ontario. Then from Belleville to home. Poor things, I really hope that Bonnet holds onto her babies through all of this. I paid before I realized that this was a cross country tour, rather than someone going to NY for a show. I suppose it's no longer than they would have been on the road going to convention though!

Change in rabbits, yet again. The solid doe broke a tooth, and was replaced with a broken doe. The broken buck was then replaced with a solid buck.

Colours are now 2 broken blue tort does, and an opal buck.

I imagine your buns are pedigreed, so do you know what each of them might create in their litters? :3 All dilutes, for one, which will be interesting.

Bonnet is bred to a broken black buck - that litter could be black, blue, black tort, blue tort, or rew, all in solid, broken or charlie forms.

As far as the three I am getting, I can get opal and blue tort, blue and fawn and rew, I believe. I won't get their pedigrees for a little bit, they are either coming with the rabbits or more likely being mailed in hard copy, so I can't be 100% sure.

Dood":u0iht9kr said:
I havent read all the posts but this isn't you is it?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-p ... Z511394264

Nope. I tried contacting her in the past, didn't get a response until I posted an ad asking her to contact me. She won't sell does, and won't provide a pedigree, and takes forever to reply to emails. Also won't provide photos of the kits or the parents. I tried talking to her earlier, when she had a post up before I arranged to buy the ones I am getting, and she seemed to be trying to keep from selling to anyone but pet homes. So I gave up. I contacted her again when she posted that, thinking maybe now she'd have photos to share, but no. I wonder if they're english lops crossed with mini rex, an F1 cross, and that's why she won't post photos.

Hummmm highly suspicious. Too bad their not co-operative, having another blood-line would be awesome but not if their not legit and are just trying to capitalize on a new rare breed.

I will try and get some more information.

lol Good luck! They stopped emailing me after I asked for pictures of the parents and the babies... I didn't even bother trying to explain to them that since they have the pedigrees for the parents, they can make their own pedigrees, no need for them to be registered anywhere.<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 am __________<br /><br />So small change. My V-Lops haven't been picked up yet, they're being picked up on the 2nd pass through of Ohio. Delivery date is still the same, either the 26th or 27th, he is apparently NOT going to a show there, it is simply a meeting point for transport one to meet transport two, and no worries about transport two backing out, as she is getting her own new buns from the transporter. I'm hoping that since Bonnet will be more than a week along in her pregnancy(was bred the 11th), she will be more likely to withstand the stress of a shorter(but still long) transport and keep her babies.

Back