Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, your ongoing thread has caused me to track everything. I just started in June of '23, and my total expense for the year was $1047.02
That includes cages, water bottles, hay racks, door guards, resting mats, nesting boxes and the purchase of 5 rabbits. Feed too of course.
I've had 6 rabbit dinners. Have traded 3 for home grown beef and other foodstuffs. And still have 5 in the freezer. I have 8 grow outs. And 5 breeders. 2 bucks and 3 does currently.

Omg. Now I remember why I got rid of tiles as mats years ago. They're disgusting animals! So much caked on 💩 and pee, and rabbit is covered in it, too! Wtf!

Anyone know of any traditional mats for buns that are super cheap?? Gotta go back to them.

Edit with icky pics. Every. Morning. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Why?
Video Collage Maker_CxhHRu.png

Last edited:
Bunch of does & one buck will be leaving in roughly 4wks! Just waiting on some to wean their kits. All to the same place, deposit has been received. 🙌
Tanya, Vickie, Rusty, Freckles, 11, young black sf buck & 4 of Tanya's doe kits!

And Cinder might have a home at the place I got my first buns 2yrs ago! If we can agree on price. Where that broken black NZ/Rex mix buck came from.

🤞🙌🥳

That leaves just 7 listed to go or be culled that's old enough to leave.

Last edited:
Omg. Now I remember why I got rid of tiles as mats years ago. They're disgusting animals! So much caked on 💩 and pee, and rabbit is covered in it, too! Wtf!

Anyone know of any traditional mats for buns that are super cheap?? Gotta go back to them.

Edit with icky pics. Every. Morning. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Why?
View attachment 38737
cardboard from amazon boxes. flip a few times and then replace. they chew them tho.

Bunch of does & one buck will be leaving in roughly 4wks! Just waiting on some to wean their kits. All to the same place, deposit has been received. 🙌
Tanya, Vickie, Rusty, Freckles, 11, young black sf buck & 4 of Tanya's doe kits!

And Cinder might have a home at the place I got my first buns 2yrs ago! If we can agree on price. Where that broken black NZ/Rex mix buck came from.

🤞🙌🥳

That leaves just 7 listed to go or be culled that's old enough to leave.

Cinder will leave, too!

That opens up 6 holes!! *phew* that'll be a great start.

Trying hard not to keep the rex siblings & lilac doe, because they're so darn cute! And thinking hard about which other grow outs I could let go....Really need and want to downsize further.

On the plus side, found a huge piece of plexiglass to redo my rabbit cage chart with! From a big screen TV, just need to get wall hooks for it to sit on and figure out if I even have open wall space for it...

I should do the same for the sheep & cattle....🤔 The TVs come with many inner sheet layers, so lots of huge boards I could make! Just need to hang those instead, because they're floppy, not ridged. I'll get a pic later.

cardboard from amazon boxes. flip a few times and then replace. they chew them tho.

They get eaten by the end of the day, if they don't get soaked through with urine first.
Seems like I have gross rabbits...The ones with clean boards look to be getting off the mats to potty in a corner. Like good buns should.

Culled Zero previously & one already kitted.
14 seems bloated and didn't feel kits, so probably won't kit. Sire Zippy.
Xoh has a nest already hung up. Sire Jasper.

So, 5 are due nests next week-
Widy, on her last chance. Sire Baymax.
Cocoa & Aqua, on their first litters. Sire Cinder.
Lynx, proven. Sire Baymax.
And unnamed broken black doe. Sire Cinder.

2 basket nests need hooks and top/side wire added. Have 5 cardboard boxes glued, drying now. Hopefully, they fit through the doors...

20240112_100451.jpg

6 culls. One is sold, just waiting on buyer to decide which one.
20240112_161509.jpg

Dug up another nest. So, 4 metal and 5 cardboard.
14 moved her hay for eating to the back, but she's definitely not looking bred, just hollow and clogged up. Ugh.
20240112_114901.jpg

Moved Tanya and kits, since the mom is a filthy homemaker, lol.
20240112_114853.jpg

Last edited:
One litter, too many pics.
Some kits willingly sat for me, so I got their posed pics. Nice group. Love when they sit pretty on their own!
Lilac ones are definitely Baymax kits. Others may be Rivian babies, time will tell through fur, size & shape.
Screenshot_20240112_172718_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172746_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172803_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172816_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172828_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172844_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172852_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240112_172858_Video Player.jpg

Updated the website with posed pics.
Following buns need new weights & pics.
11, 14, darkie, xoh kit, tipsy, jessi, Lynx, yynx, gigi, widy & baymax.

Good golly...They're falling apart.
Baymax lost weight, his neighbor, Jasper, is being a horndog and that seems to be a problem.
Jessi will get a break to fatten back up. Idk why she's so...lumpy on top. Lol
Xoh kit will be culled, just hideous all around.
Xoh will kit soon.
Darkie was pulled from her 6wk kits and is quite happy chilling now.

Screenshot_20240113_141151_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141158_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141205_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141013_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141018_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141022_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141101_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141109_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240113_141116_Video Player.jpg

Latest posts

Back