Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unnamed Zero doe had her kits!

And Lynx had her kits, but is a nest sitter. Almost lost the kits from her stupidity.
Rebuilt her nest. Added more fur. Gave her a box nest to sit in instead.

Screenshot_20240122_133733_Video Player.jpg20240122_104951.jpgRex are NOT cold hardy!! Anyone who claims they are is 100% lying. Blatantly obvious that all of the rex, buck or doe, are not happy. Frozen, sat in stiff loafs in corners, pissed off. If kits are out of nests, they're living on top of mom/each other, always dog piled to stay warm.
While all of the regular furred rabbits are laid out on their sides, snoring and happy as clams!

Another unwanted surprise, most moms are over protective. 🤦🏽‍♀️🙄 But this doe is curious without the aggression. Hope that stays...

14 and Xoh are last on the watch list.

Last edited:
Gave 11 a box, as she felt bred making a nest. Wtf. I knew I'd confuse the sisters...Kicked Freckles kits out and hung the nest for 11.

Ella doesn't look like I marked anywhere as bred. Didn't really feel bred.

Still no running water.

Weighed some growouts & moved 4 to cull cage. Culling 6 tomorrow.

11 had 4, crushed them. Ffs!

Unnamed doe's kits decided to start a yelling match. So, for awhile, I just watched 2 day olds fighting, cursing and flailing With each other for no reason. Mom shoved her head under the feeder and pretended to dissappear! Hah.

Screenshot_20240124_131451_Video Player.jpg20240124_111504.jpg

I'll have 5 empty holes soon and kits moved to other moms until weaning.
managed to keep freckles clean, until yesterday. She laid in pee/poo and is now red. Ugh, wtf.
20240124_122401.jpg20240124_122410.jpg

Had to move that big group out. They all need a bit of a sponge bath.....
20240124_122500.jpg

Cage got scrubbed, the hair!!! Then bleached and scrubbed again.
Last, reworked water and raised feeder. Then Jessi kits got weaned and moved in!

They'll move with the left over Tanya kits in the big 5ft cage outside tomorrow. Other grow outs will move in with them when ready.
20240124_121909.jpg

$797 currently in the red.
Plus $285 in bun sales.
Plus $20 in dog food.

Currently $492 in the red.

Such a big sale, yet didn't put a big dent in the dollars. Lol, at least it put a dent in bun numbers!

What happens when its 20s amd then 60s the next day? All the feed bags are WET. Dry inside, but dang slippery!
20240125_104524.jpg

Bye!!
7 adults/juniors out the door and 3 kits! Lots of empty cages, love it!
*do not fill them! do not fill them!!*
20240125_111410.jpg

Tanya kits & Jessi kits out in the 5ft cage.
20240125_121223.jpg

Freckles kits moved in with Gigi & kits.
Had to move RM14 over so the nest would fit easily on.
20240125_121331.jpg

And Vickie kits moved in with Nana & kits.
20240125_121341.jpg

What's your favorite way to eat rabbit?
Every time I do a new recipe it's my favorite 😍 this week i found a recipe from Taste of Home for Best Chicken and Dumplings. I followed it almost exactly except with rabbit, and I kept it on the bone. It was phenomenal.

Earlier in the week I used some of my canned rabbit for a take on divan. Chunks of broccoli, rabbit, a can of cream of chicken soup, seasoned with onion and garlic powder, curry powder and oregano. Topped with parmesan, herbed stuffing and a drizzle of melted butter. Baked in the cast iron and served over jasmine rice.

A couple weeks ago I took another jar of canned and made rabbit salad sandwiches. Added celery and apple, dill relish, mayo and seasonings of your choice. It was a huge hit! Put it on sub rolls and melted provolone over it. 🤌

Back