Pictures of your rabbit cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, thank you. I am back up and running although I have a lot of updating to do.

I found that the piece of mesh under the bottom of the cage clogs up eventually with fur so I removed it and put a piece of hardware cloth on the bottom to catch the pellets as they roll down the slope. It seems to work much better. Sure wish it was still that clean!

For a single rabbit the margarine container is sufficient, however when she gets a litter in there a larger container is more convenient.

Wow...alot of great ideas, we are just starting to raise meat rabbits and currently only have 1 buck and 2 does so we have a long way to go, but I found the pictures to be extremely helpful. Thank you.

ok well i will share with you my set up..keep in mind its just small as i only keep a few rabbits and i live in town..
portable shelter makes a good home for them.

DSCN3378.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3374.jpg

new babys from "RED" breed to my white NZ
DSCN3371.jpg

smokey she was due yesterday :x
DSCN3370.jpg

like i said its not much but its all i can have for now :(
of course there is the 20 little babys i have :D
CC

ya it has some on the roof inside but it is frozen as it is -30c or -22f this morning and its around -5 during the days so i just use a broom and nock the ice off..(i place a piece of poly plastic over the cages for a minute while i de-ice)... but honest i have had to only do it 3 time this winter so far..
CC

Hey CC,
that is a very nice little setup. :up:
It looks quite compact and easy to clean!
Exactly what one is looking for especially during this
bitter cold winter. An excellent job, I can't wait to see what
the future holds!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

hi it is a "shelter logic" 11.6" long x 11.6 wide and 8' hight in the centre....end the side are about6'6" so i find lots of room ..but i wish i bought the 16'x11x8...
mine was way more then i wanted to spend on it..so i waited (in the fall) and pick the one i am using up on sale for $150 at Canadian tire..regular price was like $300 or $350 and i was not paying that much for it..
CC

sorry if you mean the wooden frame i would have to check as i altered it after it was built... ;)

Critter, I hate those, they work but don't really keep the temp or all the wind out. Guess I'll post a pic of mine, off to take photos, and try to get the car to start....
lovely little cold snap, maybe when we get about 0*F midweek it'll decide it wants to behave.

I had a ShelterLogic I was going planning to use when I lived in the Valley. After the first wind storm I abandoned the idea, but I wish I had space for one here. Don't have the wind to contend with, and with a rental it would be nice to have a non-permanent structure. They have the big garage-sized ones at Cost-Co right now, but I don't have that much space!

I think they are 100 off with the coupon, or was that last cycle?<br /><br />__________ Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:28 pm __________<br /><br />Oh and Rachel, they are expandable, so you can only put up one section, or all 4.

Hmm, seems like it would be difficult to close up well if you didn't have the canvas stretched over the full frame, though? We used one for the booth at the fair, it was a pain because we didn't set it up quite right. :/ Also kinda considered the other garage-in-a-box they have there. I used to worry about snow load, but now that I don't live in Girdwood, I'm realizing that is not a problem very often! Geez, I'd love some fresh snow right now!

jack
i understand what you are talking about...but i just put a row of crappy old straw across the ends...and that pretty well stops all wind blowing inside...and i dont have the snow load you get..we do get ours but i am sure not like you do ..and the wind..well its not a windy place i live in...so the straw stopped that problem..
CC

hope the car started for ya

This is my expanded shed, the first half is insulated, the second half is my shed, it's still not done, but when I took the pics this morning it's a little below 0F and the heater isn't running, at the bottom it's cold, at the top it's about ~60F I slit the inside vapor barrier and run a bread bag out past the top foam and vapor barrier. I have two rabbits in the top cages that are blowing their coats, but they aren't show rabbits so I really don't care. My oringianl plan was to put tarps outside, but I haven't dug them out, and the ground cloth, weed barrier, is pretty cheap, and was left over, you can buy 300 feet for about $20 and I figure that it will keep the skeeters and flies out in the summer.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 pm __________<br /><br />more pics

Attachments

• DSC01917.JPG
    DSC01917.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,733
  • DSC01918.JPG
    DSC01918.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,733
  • DSC01922.JPG
    DSC01922.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,733
  • DSC01920.JPG
    DSC01920.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,732
  • DSC01921.JPG
    DSC01921.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,732
  • DSC01927.JPG
    DSC01927.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,732
It is a damn shame we can not publish photos of our booth or anywhere else without someone else trying to dissect someone who looks or feels bad when we should be thankful and respectful and learn something about people doing things differently.

cages1.jpg

Well, I have a photobucket account and found a few pictures I had on there. This is a picture of part of my setup. Please keep in mind that this is shortly after I built it so it is spankin' clean here but not so much now. This shelf section is still in use although I have built a couple of the units that were shown earlier in this thread and plan on building more and tear out this shelving so everything is mobile for easier cleaning.

How well do the canvas tent shelters hold up to predators? I know there are rats, racoons, opossums, and feral cats in my area.

I would grommet and lace the edges and bottom shut. That worked pretty good for the platform tents we used in girl scouts to keep the wind out.

Margali

I haven't had a predator problem (knock on wood). I had something get in there one night and tear a chicken to bits. I had wings in one isle and legs in another. They'll get the neighbor's chickens that wander in there before they fight to get to the bunnies out of cages. Fine with me, since I've been caging the chickens and carting them off to Chris' aunt and uncle's house.

Latest posts

Back