Pictures of your rabbit cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itsbuiltoct08andrabbitpics002.jpg

WHen I first built my racks. The plywood under the cages has since been replaced with coroplast covered with a plastic sheet. This plastic sheet prevents over spray and keeps everything going down to my gutters.

may142010039.jpg

Oh, dear. Seeing just how I could use racks in my canopies could have made me a very dangerous woman! This opens up the dilema of being able to double my herd. That is such a great idea!

Anntann":1iu2drrb said:
PulpFaction":1iu2drrb said:
Oh man, now I gotta go home and see where I might be able to squeeze a garage-in-a-box.
You need a 2 or 3 story setup :) hmmm....maybe like a really tall library...with a library ladder to reach the cages that are 15feet up.... ;)

Ooh! The rabbit tower? I want it to have a spiral walk-way and be made of cut-stone in the shape of a classic castle turret.

PulpFaction":3u88fczd said:
Anntann":3u88fczd said:
PulpFaction":3u88fczd said:
Oh man, now I gotta go home and see where I might be able to squeeze a garage-in-a-box.
You need a 2 or 3 story setup :) hmmm....maybe like a really tall library...with a library ladder to reach the cages that are 15feet up.... ;)

Ooh! The rabbit tower? I want it to have a spiral walk-way and be made of cut-stone in the shape of a classic castle turret.

We'll need pics. :)

PulpFaction":3vkpso0h said:
Anntann":3vkpso0h said:
PulpFaction":3vkpso0h said:

hmmm...I was thinking more along the lines of a steel spiral stair for a tower, but man...how cool would stone be!!! Medieval, solid, and filled with rabbits!

hmm. maybe not. I just had this vision of carrying feed up and down..and cleaning cages 40feet up....may have to rethink this one. :eek:

Anntann":1kgt2ahs said:
PulpFaction":1kgt2ahs said:
Anntann":1kgt2ahs said:

hmmm...I was thinking more along the lines of a steel spiral stair for a tower, but man...how cool would stone be!!! Medieval, solid, and filled with rabbits!

hmm. maybe not. I just had this vision of carrying feed up and down..and cleaning cages 40feet up....may have to rethink this one. :eek:

I've got your solution! A pully system for the feed and a laundry shute system for the waste!

Okay. I've found the one I want replicated on our Farm :)dango.jpg
yup. Now...a nice spiral staircase at the center, with rabbits attached to the wall. The staircase would have a dumb waiter at the core with openings every 8 feet :D yup. yup.

Anntann":1cb0i6va said:
Okay. I've found the one I want replicated on our Farm :)
yup. Now...a nice spiral staircase at the center, with rabbits attached to the wall. The staircase would have a dumb waiter at the core with openings every 8 feet :D yup. yup.

Or, skip the spiral "staircase" and put in a flat spiral walkway at such an angle that you could push a cart up. :) Since we're dreaming...might have to settle for a bunny tree house with the pulley/dumb waiter set-up!

ladysown said:
Itsbuiltoct08andrabbitpics002.jpg

WHen I first built my racks. The plywood under the cages has since been replaced with coroplast covered with a plastic sheet. This plastic sheet prevents over spray and keeps everything going down to my gutters.

may142010039.jpg
[/quote
O my that poo removal system what hubby has in mind for my cages. His plan is to build it using playwood with plastic stapled to it on the underside. And a plastic gutting to catch it all and get it out of the barn.

It is a darn shame that we cannot post pictures of our rabbitry or anything for that matter without someone else picking it apart trying to make someone else look or feel bad when we should be appreciative and respectfull and learn something from people doing things differently.

Back