Pictures of your rabbit cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh, Like that, diversion, set the chickens free and let them get taken out instead of the rabbits.
I have hear of dogs being an issue, and actually had a friend that stuck a neighbor (renter BTW) who let their dog loose, animal control offered her first shot, she said that let the neighbor off too cheap (they still get the ticket but not the animal control bill if you destroy the animal)

So after they got the dog out of hock, and paid up with her, the whole value of afew grandchampion meat rabbits is pretty hefty, they moved.
BUT, I have been told that mostly you end up with a scared to death (literally) rabbit, and injuries, unless they can pop the latch.

margali":26frem0v said:
How well do the canvas tent shelters hold up to predators? I know there are rats, racoons, opossums, and feral cats in my area.
Margali

I have not had a problem with predators..how ever I AM a lic. trapper. so i removed the problems from my area..there is always a couple traps set around the rabbits just incase.. in town the biggest problem was (use to be) cats and the odd coon in town...but as said , with the right action the problems can be removed.
CC

My rabbits are in outdoor hutches that are like Fort Knox, literally 4x4s set into the ground with double floors to keep things from reaching up from under, and galvanized metal walls, the whole thing behind a 6 foot fence, with a big dog wandering around, lol.

But I often have wondered if having your own dogs around deters coyotes and raccoons enough--when I was a kid we never had a single problem until the dog died. Then it was coyotes, raccoons, and cougars, oh my!

I always had a dog kennel as part of my garden/rabbitry,[with the rabbits,garden,and worms beeing one big circle of life]. Ive only had a couple cats invade the area and unfortunately they didnt get far when the dog caught wind of it.It isnt a farm with out a dog ,even a back yard super mini urban farm.

All Ears Rabbitry":2ybw1202 said:
You can see my set up under my barn on my website - http://www.allearsrabbitry.com.
A refurbished semi! Brilliant! We often see the older "not good for road use" for sale around here. I'd been thinking about one for a chicken coop, but a rabbit shelter! excellent. Good for feed storage and all.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:50 pm __________<br /><br />Truckinguy! That's WONDERFUL! You found some pictures :) It looked so clean and fresh and new...ahhhhh. I'm guessing you found the lower shelf group difficult to work with? I know I can't do that much stooping and bending :( (old..gettin' old.)

I really wish it would stay that clean! The lower shelf is bucks so I don't have to bend down there all that often. I only found about ten pictures but I hear whispers that my sister's boyfriend might be able to save the data on my old hard drive... fingers and everything else crossed!

I feel age creeping up on me too... still buff enough to play hockey, though!

All Ears Rabbitry":2cw2i8m7 said:
You can see my set up under my barn on my website - http://www.allearsrabbitry.com.

Thanks for the pictures! My fiancee mentioned the setup needed to be movable since I've moved 6 times in the last 5 years for work. I immediately thought of a 20' container but wasn't sure I could vent/insulate it enough. They can be moved by a standard flatbed tow truck or a semi for long distance.

Have lots of ideas now. :)

plastic drapes, they can be expensive (go to a mattress store and get the mattress bags, they are thick and quite large, work wonders)
makes wiping up a breeze, that and cheap (secondhand) oil paint.

It is a damn shame that we can not send pictures of our rabbitry, or anything for that matter without someone else is collection also tries to make someone else look or feel bad when we should appreciate and the full respect and learn about people they are doing things differently.

I'll try to get pictures of my cages on here.
Guess you just have to look at my album. Maybe some day I'll figure this out.
002.jpg

Latest posts

Back