Pictures of your rabbit cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O my that poo removal system what hubby has in mind for my cages. His plan is to build it using playwood with plastic stapled to it on the underside. And a plastic gutting to catch it all and get it out of the barn.
put the plastic on the top side... trust me on this one. Plastic on the underside means STINKY PLYWOOD in about 2 weeks. :) Plastic on top.. We use the plastic sheeting that comes in a huge roll from RONA...vapour barrier!

I agree BallonMountain,
I have been working with Rabbits since 1989
if what I have been doing didn't work I
most certainly would not still be handling Rabbits at all.
What you have/keep your Rabbits housed in need not be pretty,
it just needs to work and serve the purpose it is meant to.
That purpose is: Protection from the elements and predators.
It should also allow YOU to service your rabbits without
you facing the elements. My system works! I have been
through a few changes through the years and I would
make still other changes should the financial situation allow it.
I am certain that everyone would love to fine tune their operation
given the opportunity. Hey, if it's not broke, Don't fix it!
It's Not Broke!
DSCF0795.jpg

Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

should have clarified more. He is wrapping the plywood putting the plastic on top and pulling it tight then stapling on the underside so the poo and pee don't seep into the staple holes.

ladysown":2qh2jelm said:
O my that poo removal system what hubby has in mind for my cages. His plan is to build it using playwood with plastic stapled to it on the underside. And a plastic gutting to catch it all and get it out of the barn.
put the plastic on the top side... trust me on this one. Plastic on the underside means STINKY PLYWOOD in about 2 weeks. :) Plastic on top.. We use the plastic sheeting that comes in a huge roll from RONA...vapour barrier!

I like the trio of rabbits in the top left corner of ottersatin's picture--very good type! lol. [eco2pia]

I have tried and tried to get those three Rabbits to breed,
nothing works! I guess I will never be able to create more like them.
It's a sad situation. :weep: but :thankyou: for noticing those three!

Anntann":9q02twtw said:
Okay. I've found the one I want replicated on our Farm :)
yup. Now...a nice spiral staircase at the center, with rabbits attached to the wall. The staircase would have a dumb waiter at the core with openings every 8 feet :D yup. yup.

I am not positive, but this looks like a dovecote (pigeon house)

avdpas77":qqto92yk said:
Anntann":qqto92yk said:
Okay. I've found the one I want replicated on our Farm :)
yup. Now...a nice spiral staircase at the center, with rabbits attached to the wall. The staircase would have a dumb waiter at the core with openings every 8 feet :D yup. yup.

I am not positive, but this looks like a dovecote (pigeon house)
Yup. It's from a page of dovecotes. The interior shot is rather dark, but has gazillions of small holes built into all the walls all the way up. With this big cool ladder thing. I was thinking that 'cuz it's so wide, that it would make a super duper rabbitry! :D

We're actually building 2 towers on the house that's planned out at the farm. How cool would it be for one of them to be my rabbitry!! :ninjajig: Maybe I should set my sights lower, eh? Settle for a big cardboard box with a tin lid? :lol:

Anntann":1hraels1 said:
Maybe I should set my sights lower, eh? Settle for a big cardboard box with a tin lid? :lol:

Hey...don't knock the box. :lol:

YEah, well I keep wondering if the heavy duty tinfoil will work as a urine guard??

ottersatin":2rjoke7o said:
I like the trio of rabbits in the top left corner of ottersatin's picture--very good type! lol. [eco2pia]

I have tried and tried to get those three Rabbits to breed,
nothing works! I guess I will never be able to create more like them.
It's a sad situation. :weep: but :thankyou: for noticing those three!
I, too, had noticed these fine examples of rabbit-ness! It's such a shame you won't be able to produce more of them! :lol:

My hard drive went on me a while ago so I lost all my pictures of my setup (hard lesson on backing up your files!) but if I can get some pics of mine I'll post them again. They might be on this forum somewhere on another thread. I'm on my dad's computer down in Toronto right now but hopefully I'll have mine up and running again sometime soon. I lost three years of rabbit pictures and a lot of other stuff... fortunately backed up my personal financial information.

For the sloping boards under the cages I've been thinking of using old linoleum, it can be picked up for cheap or free if someone is doing renovations and is tearing up an old floor. It might last longer than the plastic vapour barrier.

Hey Truckinguy,sorry to hear you lost your pics.
I have a suggestion for the future, get a spot on Photobucket
you can store all your pics and share them if you wish.
The pictures should still be there even if your computer crashes.
But that's not why I posted!
I posted to say that I use Corrugated fiberglass as dropping boards
and empty them once or twice per week.

Thanks Ottersatin, I have a flash drive and am looking into other options, lesson learned!

I have a part roll of linoleum here and I'm sure it could be picked up many places for free, should be very durable and easy to cut to size.

Truckinguy, you had posted somewhere with the pictures. I remember a drawing you did of a gutter? I think, and also images of inside the garage. It's vague in my memory, so must be from last Spring? Or might have been over on HT, now that I think of it....

Hey Truckinguy,
that is a very neat setup!
Though I think you may need something
just a tiny bit larger than a Butter Bowl! :D

ladysown":3q74qdx1 said:
you found them! i went searching earlier and just couldn't find them. So ...well done! :)

I searched the forum using his handle (Truckinguy) and then just ran down the list looking only at the posts in the Rabbits forum. :)

Latest posts

Back