My chickens my life my rabbits,new pics pg13

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a pic pic of some of my back yard<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 pm __________<br /><br />oops sorry it posted twice

Attachments

• back yard.jpg
    back yard.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 777
  • back yard.jpg
    back yard.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 777
lol...I think so !!

__________ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 pm __________

__________ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm __________

__________ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm __________

<br /><br />__________ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm __________<br /><br />If anyone has any suggestions or Comments i'd love to hear them, im always open to new Ideas!! :)

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 758
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 758
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 758
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 758
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 758
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 758
Cattle Cait":1nvrb9zs said:
You see, MY problem is that I can't find a man who will let me stay home, cook, clean, and raise rabbits and young'uns the all natural way and he can go to work and bring home the bacon. I've grown up in a household where the men go shoot the critters, bring them home, and us ladies make it into food, and I like it like that. And, if he's okay with all of that, he's probably stoned or jobless himself.
I know what you mean!!

Men have lost that go-getter mentality. I wish fiancee could find a better paying job, so I could stop this side-lining nonsense and commence housewifery. He's in love with the idea, but finances are always an issue.

Let me tell ya, good jobs are hard to come by, and job is good nowadays, I was on unemploynment for a year even with my schooling, I had applied to over 90 different places and went on at least 50 interviews, and still it took me that long to find a job, I had amazing refrences and credentials and an awesome resume, gave a great interview, all seemed promising but never got any calls back, and when I called them it was the same old story, I had gotten be SO depressed i dont even like talking about it, I used to apply for jobs 6-7 years ago and sometimes landed 3 a week if thats how many interviews I had...I honestly researched the internet cause I thought there was someone out there with my name making me look bad... This economy is sooo horrible<br /><br />__________ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:52 pm __________<br /><br />

Attachments

• IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 743
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 743
Oh no these are my opposite neighbors! they are soooo nice, they are 1st gen italians also and love seeing the chickens hanging around...I give them eggs also, and they are so far from their house i doubt if they even noticed lol

Oh man!! I had to go to a BDAY party at 5 and since i didnt want to wait for the hens to take their sweet time to go back into the coop at sun down, I had to gather them up and it was quite a feat/// I was so angry at them,theycome up to me so close when they are in their run and practically jump in my arms, now forget it, i finally caught the last one by her legs and carried her like a suitcase back to the coop, dripping in sweat ugh!!

Just an idea to avoid "chicken chasing":

I have called mine since they were little. They know that when I call them, it's time for treats. They come running. Maybe grab a couple pieces of bread, or some veggies, or even some regular chicken food, call them and start spreading it by their coop. They will learn fast.

I tried with everything...nothing amuses them..they are like little kids at a play ground lol...now I put them on punishment until I can fix were they got through loland theyre giving me the stink eye

Finally!!! Someone else that goes barefoot too!!! :happy2: Everyone gives me such a hard time for kicking off my shoes every chance I get. I know how you feel, they always look at me like i am half crazy when I go around my OWN house and yard shoeless :shock: . Hubby tells me its because I am a hillbilly!!! :p :p (I'm from east Tennessee) :swinging:

I love it..I could walk over a gravel drive way with out flinching lol...I was talkin to someone at the feed store and we were all laughing casue one of her friends were walking around barefoot and had the cops called on her cause they thought she was crazy hahahahahahah....Id be in jail..who ever called the cops must of been really todo!! lol I mean really get a LIFE and live alittle, lol I feel bad if they had kids

Flemishstar":rlzw81pj said:
I love it..I could walk over a gravel drive way with out flinching lol...I was talkin to someone at the feed store and we were all laughing casue one of her friends were walking around barefoot and had the cops called on her cause they thought she was crazy hahahahahahah....Id be in jail..who ever called the cops must of been really todo!! lol I mean really get a LIFE and live alittle, lol I feel bad if they had kids
You reminded me of this.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/26/nyreg ... .html?_r=0
But, the experts say, it is the grass in many city parks, so innocent-looking, so tempting, so redolent of the free-spirited days of childhood, that may pose the most unexpected risks, because unlike a rusty nail, they are invisible to the naked eye.

hahah!! well i woulddo it in central park, but Ive built up so many immunities im not scared..lol and Im up to date on my tetneus ..but that is funny

Awesome.... we used to have 27 chickens, it got to be so much work and so DANG many eggs that we gave away lots of them.

I am usually barefoot... I run on the gravel driveway to the barn, I walk in the rabbit poop and go get the mail with no shoes, it doesn't bother me. Feet are so much easier to clean than shoes IMO... lol

they are alot easier.. especially when the grass it wet lol...I have SOOOO many eggs I get almosy all of em a day I got like 15 dozen in my "egg fridge",,,,which is a spare fridge I have

I want your "spare" eggs! =)

I've got 20 laying hens, who should start popping out some breakfast here soon. I doubt I'll have many leftovers.

lol ive been giving them away...but my parents told me I should start selling them, ya know the first times free lol lol

15 dozen? That's all? LOL here it is after one cleaning... ONE I TELL YOU... LOL

We had about 25 dozen in our "spare fridge".

Attachments

• eggs.png
    eggs.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,085
Back