daydream breeders

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one set of pictures isn't showing up. As for the Harlequin, I'm not a fan of that rabbit. I don't think $50 is unfair though considering the rarity of the color. It isn't posed properly though. As fr the try, it needs to be posed and not looking all over the place. I can't tell you much there. The second set of pictures also isn't showing up for me.

LopLover":2y2n2h86 said:
The one set of pictures isn't showing up. As for the Harlequin, I'm not a fan of that rabbit. I don't think $50 is unfair though considering the rarity of the color. It isn't posed properly though. As fr the try, it needs to be posed and not looking all over the place. I can't tell you much there. The second set of pictures also isn't showing up for me.

Thanks :) The second post was a duplicate, not sure why it did that.
I'll keep the harli under consideration if she doesn't sell. I don't feel super enthusiastic about her, even reminding myself that I would only be breeding a harli line for pet quality. It's tempting simply because the color is uncommon, she doesn't look TOO bad and I know that the breeder is going to OSRBA - where I already have transport from. :p

I'm tempted to wait on a nice quality harli, but then I also have to consider transport fees and a more expensive rabbit for a higher quality rabbit.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm ready to take on more than one extra rabbit right now, unless I can get the rest of this litter gone soon (possibly looking at freezer camp if I can't get them sold by the time they reach a possible butchering age). I need to be willing to do that anyway, so it's not such a terrible thought.

I only snapped up that one doe because she just seemed so nice for the $$.

I'm also a little nervous at the thought of having two does in isolation at the same time. :/ I don't have a high level of confidence in the breeder.

I appreciate the feedback :)

I don't really like the harli but it is definately better than the tort buck you were looking at. If you aren't breeding the tris for show then I wouldn't worry about anything other than a good HEC. Loppies with good chunky faces and good ear carraige sell better.

LopLover":2httwjc5 said:
I don't really like the harli but it is definately better than the tort buck you were looking at. If you aren't breeding the tris for show then I wouldn't worry about anything other than a good HEC. Loppies with good chunky faces and good ear carraige sell better.

I'm not sure what HEC means?

I think her face looks fairly flat, but not very wide and I'm not sure about her ear carriage... they seem to be in the right position though.

HEC means Head, Ear and Crown. Lops should have curvature from their forhead to their muzzle and his a big smooshy bold head. People go nuts for a big bold head. Their ears should hang as vertically as possible wuth a nice and wide ear base. There should also be a big prominant poof on the top of their head called a crown.

I love the harlequin. I know he is a DQ as far as showing, but he looks very cool.

DBA":q3e45bpf said:
Please refer to post 75 and 76.....

:oops: :oops:
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Well... a person must have two does, right? So you can breed them at the same time in case you need a foster!!! :oops:

But you also have to have two more in case you have to foster two litters.....

DBA":1vztp5dy said:

:shock: :shock:
I... think I'd better get that greenhouse conversion underway. :mrgreen:

Of course I also have to gently 'remind' my feller that he agreed I could do rabbits. When I started talking about breeding a couple of days ago, he seemed to have forgotten. :x

Syberchick70":2455033x said:
MamaSheepdog":2455033x said:
I'm not sure what HEC means?

I'm guessing Head and Ear Carriage?

:oops: :oops: derrrrr
LopLover":2455033x said:
HEC means Head, Ear and Crown.

Hey, 2 outa 3 ain't bad, right? :p Especially considering I don't breed Lops. :mrgreen:

Well... a person must have two does, right? So you can breed them at the same time in case you need a foster!!! :oops:
DBA":2455033x said:
:shock: :shock:
I... think I'd better get that greenhouse conversion underway. :mrgreen:

Lol!!! :yeahthat:

:popcorn:

LOL! Get to building syberhick! Soon you will have a barn full of floppy loppies like me and DBA! I think I got you both beat in quantity though. :p Who doesn't love a barn full of pretty buns though? :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :pancake:

LopLover":zh23wux8 said:
LOL! Get to building syberhick! Soon you will have a barn full of floppy loppies like me and DBA! I think I got you both beat in quantity though. :p Who doesn't love a barn full of pretty buns though? :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :pancake:

That's true... I could do like Grumpy and set up a nice little 'lazyboy' chair and table in my bunny barn... so I can sit there and watch the buns do their bunny stuff.
I could arrange them in their cages according to the color spectrum and have bunny rainbows.
I could work on engineering the perfect bunny berry/waste hay separating system.... :p

Oh the possibilities!!!
(speaking of possibilities, the breeder of the little harli doe is supposed to get back to me today. I discovered she had a very nice looking LITTERMATE of that doe hidden... she isn't sure she wants to sell her, but she's supposed to send me some better pictures of her today) :mrgreen:

Syberchick70":1p19wt36 said:
LopLover":1p19wt36 said:

That's true... I could do like Grumpy and set up a nice little 'lazyboy' chair and table in my bunny barn... so I can sit there and watch the buns do their bunny stuff.
I could arrange them in their cages according to the color spectrum and have bunny rainbows.
I could work on engineering the perfect bunny berry/waste hay separating system.... :p

Oh the possibilities!!!
(speaking of possibilities, the breeder of the little harli doe is supposed to get back to me today. I discovered she had a very nice looking LITTERMATE of that doe hidden... she isn't sure she wants to sell her, but she's supposed to send me some better pictures of her today) :mrgreen:

Ooh! Make sure you post pics so we all can see! :p How dare that breeder keep pretty buns hidden from us! LOL :bunnyhop:

LopLover":1enmywzo said:
Ooh! Make sure you post pics so we all can see! :p How dare that breeder keep pretty buns hidden from us! LOL :bunnyhop:

Here's a preview... this was taken when she was younger. I'm waiting for 'body shots'. It looks like one of her ears was laying quirky for the shot, I don't think her crown is as narrow as it looks in this picture, but I like her color and she looks round from the front.

EB4.jpg <br /><br /> -- Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:16 pm -- <br /><br /> Ok, here are the current pictures she just sent me.
She said she kept flattening... but she seems to be pretty nice I think! Opinions... which harli doe is better? This one, or the one with the two-tone face? Note: the breeder says the second harli doe is 'shy' and more skittish than the other doe... so that's a consideration also.

EB4a.jpg
EB4b.jpg

Latest posts

Back