Stumped on kit color (still, new pics on page 3)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a siamese sable baby, I'd be willing to bet. They can range and go through what I like to call zebra phases lol. They can even end up looking like a funky brindle color during their junior molts ugh. All the sables I've had were pink at birth, seals are another boat (they are born blackish). White is not some thing you want to see on them (some thing I've never seen on a sable baby to tell its a sable baby), never seen white tips on a sable as they age either unless it was scattered white hairs. molting discoloration, or injury. They should not have white at all on them (not saying through their funky color stage shedding that they can't or don't have white/cream markings in places lol). Some will have that shaded like line that torts have, but a good clean one won't. Nails should be black or very very dark, no lightness to them.

Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry":3ftffyo3 said:
All the sables I've had were pink at birth, seals are another boat (they are born blackish).
...oh. derp. :wr_blackcloud: I feel dumb now. Well now I know. Thank you greatly for your input.

Good thing sable's just the color I wanted! :p Now if she just stays a she...

Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry":3175n84y said:
All the sables I've had were pink at birth, seals are another boat (they are born blackish).

What?? :eek:

I've had many seal -point- (aka sallanders) and sables. ALL of my sallander kits are born pink with a touch of gray shading and ALL of my sables born looking like solids then get this silver or gold ticking:

Here is a young Blue Sable:
rabbit_colors_by_tricksters_taxidermy_d83b2y3_by_tricksters_adopts-d8h4sm7.jpg

see this silvering? it looks like a blue steel but once it grew into her adult coat she looked like this:

blue_bunny_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d86iedi.jpg

here you can clearly see the sable shading now.

and this one is a steeled sable agouti that looked like this at birth:

nesting_box_by_trickster_of_asgard_d62527x_by_tricksters_adopts-d8h4t2o.jpg

then morphed into this:

he_s_doing_it_again_____by_trickster_of_asgard-d6phihd.jpg

And this is a sallander at birth (the pinky/gray one):

lop_bbys___by_trickster_of_asgard-d5ytiba.jpg

and the shading just gets more bold as it gets older:

seal_point_bunny_color_by_trickster_of_asgard-d61vohu.jpg

or are you talking about the other seal?

Entire litter of seals and sables

couple blue tinted ones are black sables and the ones that look black are seals but you'll notice they are slightly off if you put them by a true black

sable

Sable turning from blue tint to brown

Young ND sable in the same maturity level

Adult sables
DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1359.jpg

ND

1 sable, 2 seal, 1 sable point
DSCN1005.jpg

sable
DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

These are the same sable and seal rabbit to show color under different light
DSCN1069.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

Slightly older sable
DSCN1098.jpg

Is that enough color resources for you? :lol:

akane":39w4jxs2 said:
Is that enough color resources for you? :lol:
lol Yes, thank you! I'll probably be glancing between those and my kit daily now.. XD

Latest posts

Back