Stumped on kit color (still, new pics on page 3)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zass":37wel9x4 said:
I wouldn't even trust breeders to restrain themselves from creating the rabbit equivalent of Chinese crested dogs, all with malocclusion, of course...

Like this?
Rooreachingup.jpg

I found it here... http://www.petrabbitworld.com/hairless_rabbits.html

Miss M":37wel9x4 said:
Nyctra":37wel9x4 said:
Zass, that flower has some funny looking petals.
It's a Variegated Chrysanthebun. :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the award goes to... LOL

edit;
Oh Christ, this one's like a Chinese Crested. :x Is it bad that I want it?
hairlesspet.jpg

Zass":1r1v0bca said:
You mean if it were genetically aa B_ C_ D_ Ese? I had always thought it would still just look like a self, and both non-extension and steel would be invisible..

But it's actually hard to say that with confidence while looking at that weird kit I posted. :?

__________ Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm __________

That kit grew up to look more like a normal steel. It's one of the ones in this pic. (Bottom left) I can still tell it apart from the heavily ticked steels by it's darker ears.

Those other steels are actually from a totally unrelated pairing. All the non extension kits are from the same litter though, and the presence of the (very poorly marked) broken tort next to him tells me that the pairing was able to produce aa kits.

( the non-extension, broken, and one fuzzy black on the right are all 1/2 French Angora, 1/2 I don't know what-but he was pretty and threw fun colors. The rest are from a black New Zealand to NZ/FG cross pair)

__________ Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 pm __________

I think from now on, I'll just breed harlequins.
They CAN'T have steel.

This picture is so cute! It should be on one of those animal motivational posters.
*Edit* It didn't copy the picture :cry:

Miss M":4655db1e said:
Nyctra":4655db1e said:
Zass, that flower has some funny looking petals.
It's a Variegated Chrysanthebun. :yes:

Ba-ha-ha!!! Ten points to Miss M! :p :p :p

:judges:

Nyctra":4655db1e said:
Oh Christ, this one's like a Chinese Crested. :x Is it bad that I want it?

Whoa! It is the splitting image of a Chinese Crested! You can barely see any of its paws, but it looks like it has the "furnishings" there on the front one. I wonder if it moves like a little horse too?

I want it too. :oops:

How could I forget? I have my own ugly rabbit submission for this competition:

Zassrabbits Igor

Those bald kits don't stay bald Nyctra, the gene only causes delayed fur regrowth after a molt, so far as I understand. Hairless adult rabbits a a bit trickier to come by.

Attachments

• GEDC0241.JPG
    GEDC0241.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 1,378
I can see it now!

just another excuse to put little pink sweaters on something ugly to call it cute...

me no like hairless buns...

Celice":2n257ez2 said:
I can see it now!

just another excuse to put little pink sweaters on something ugly to call it cute...

me no like hairless buns...

They do exactly that on the astrex pages ALL THE TIME. :roll: I threw a fit when I saw my velveteens had the hairless kit molt along with the curly kit genetics.

I'm still pretty convinced those squirrely genes are behind a lot of the health issues I kept encountering.

the astrex rex care really pretty!

but I think they would have lots of health issues. I'm sure there is a way to breed it out of them but it would take a while so I'll stick to my normal rex :D

I have 1 doe that has the curly gene and she had a bald spot on the shoulder as a kit so I plan to breed out asap! no bald kits for me!!!

Zass":s5owex5j said:
How could I forget? I have my own ugly rabbit submission for this competition:

Zassrabbits Igor

Come, now, Zass... you can do better than that. Igor looks cute in that picture.

He looked a lot more homely before... as in the pic in this post:

post243263.html#p243263

Ewwww.... just proves that even though the hairless babies are kind of cute, stuff loses the cute factor when they grow up.

operat3.jpg

That is fuzz. The rabbit they used for the TAMUK furless rabbit project.

It says on the website that they sold all the furless stock to a a lab company (Sinclair) in Missouri.

So, back on topic...I'm still not sure here. :oops: I still can't see a telltale tort stripe on the side, but it has a blue belly, points, and dark skin all over.
Does it look blue tort to anyone else?

I'm calling her Pyrite...'cause she sure looks like fool's gold to me, all turning silver in one light and silvery-gold in another. :lol:

IMG_4220.jpgIMG_4234.jpgIMG_4146.jpgIMG_4171.jpg

Nyctra":3etfo9cs said:
So, back on topic...I'm still not sure here. :oops: I still can't see a telltale tort stripe on the side, but it has a blue belly, points, and dark skin all over.
Does it look blue tort to anyone else?

I'm calling her Pyrite...'cause she sure looks like fool's gold to me, all turning silver in one light and silvery-gold in another. :lol:

View attachment 3View attachment 1View attachment 2

I changed my mind - I DO
I don't think it is black sable as they tend to have slightly darker points even as kits

it looks really chocolate to me for some reason. when it gets older and it forms little white tips then you will know it's sable

Dood":2mlzqgx3 said:
I changed my mind - I DO
I thought sables were born black-skinned and got coppery though? This kit was born with pink&lilacy. :?

This baby needs to grow faster! Not knowing is driving me batty. :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> Today's pics...after seeing Akane's pics ( cross-your-fingers-t12648.html#p136278 ) I'm leaning back towards sable? 'Cause it sure doesn't scream tort to me. pffttt

Attachments

• IMG_4274.jpg
    IMG_4274.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,367
  • IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4275.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,367
  • IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4286.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 1,367
  • IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg