So, what do we think of the new layout?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gone

Love it, hate it, reserving judgment til the newness wears off? I'd love to hear some feedback, or any suggestions on how I can further improve it. :)

Hmm. That's odd... This is my *second* reply in the new format. While composing the first (short) response, I had to hard-enter the html tags for boldface on one of my words; this time the automatic selections for bold, ital, and underline are visible. ???

Emoticons: maybe it's only available to moderators, but the Welcome Wagon isn't visible, even on the extended display. ???

Re. colors: maybe a paler green at the top so the contrast with the blue-text-on-green-background is greater?

And...is this the "upsold" upgrade, or a different platform altogether? It looks...different. :wink:

I think it's the newer version of the old platform.

This version is ok, in a month, most of us will be adjusted to this and won't even remember the old version.

I want a "you started this thread" linky. I really enjoy having those on other forums, so having one here would be nice. Sorted not by if "I" responded, but if "I" started it.

other than that, once I get used to it it will be fine.

I do, however, like the new "save draft" feature, so that we can pause typing a message and save it to return later, like when the kids get out of control... <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 pm __________ <br /><br />
ladysown":1qxfev3x said:
I really enjoy having those on other forums

There's other forums?

DogCatMom":3737ag4y said:
Hmm. That's odd... This is my *second* reply in the new format. While composing the first (short) response, I had to hard-enter the html tags for boldface on one of my words; this time the automatic selections for bold, ital, and underline are visible. ???

Emoticons: maybe it's only available to moderators, but the Welcome Wagon isn't visible, even on the extended display. ???

Re. colors: maybe a paler green at the top so the contrast with the blue-text-on-green-background is greater?

And...is this the "upsold" upgrade, or a different platform altogether? It looks...different. :wink:

OK, in order...

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue with bbcode. It's all working fine for me. Maybe a browser cache issue that went away?

Smilies are fixed, you should have access to the categories again. The one you were looking for was hiding on page 2, but now they're properly categorized again. Thanks for catching that!

Colours, I'll take into consideration. I've been pondering the green, too.

This is just an upgrade of the forum software, the template it uses, and the modifications I've made over the last few years. It has nothing to do with the Site5 issue. That will be solved in the next day or two when we move to a new host.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

ladysown":3737ag4y said:
I want a "you started this thread" linky. I really enjoy having those on other forums, so having one here would be nice. Sorted not by if "I" responded, but if "I" started it.

other than that, once I get used to it it will be fine.

You can do this now, I added it to this template already, but only by viewing your own profile. Not editing your profile, just by clicking your username link. I'll see about adding it to the left menu by the other search links, but it won't be tonight.

bobqdevon":3737ag4y said:
There's other forums?

Nope, don't believe her! :lol:

I'm having a hard time with the gray and gray background vs blue topics. The green is rough too. Is it possible to give us the option to change the colors on what we see like other forums have?

MidnightCoder":o2gh975l said:
Do you mean there isn't enough contrast between the blue/green and the background?
For me it is borderline painful to look at.

Most likely it is my light sensitivity. I may adjust with time or have to go and get sunglasses to read the boards

Well if it's an issue for multiple users I'll do what I can to alleviate it. Won't be tonight, will take a look at it tomorrow morning. I may implement a secondary template that people can select, which has higher contrast. We'll see how it goes.

I'm viewing RT on my smart phone and am finding the green hard to read.
Yeah, The "save draft" feature ROCKS!! I also love that when composing a message the entire thread is visible to scroll through; not just the last three posts.
Will have to play around on here a bit more.....

I'll tackle the contrast issue with the forum and topic titles tomorrow. It's a bit late tonight and I'm fried. I agree it's a valid issue, and we'll improve it.

The contrast of the blue/green is readable for me. Maybe it differs according to your monitor?

bobqdevon":2n3q9fj0 said:
This version is ok, in a month, most of us will be adjusted to this and won't even remember the old version.

Yep, I agree. It took me forever to navigate RT when I first joined. I am back in the same boat now, but thanks to my Rampant RT Addiction I will overcome all obstacles! :p

I would ask for more crumbs for us Techno-Peasants though. :feedchicken: In order to View New Posts I have to come back to the Board Index instead of accessing the page from whatever sub forum I am in.

Thanks for all your hard work, MC. You have earned a well deserved rest! :zzz: See you in the morning!

Having owned and run forums.

People will love it or hate it. But they'll get used to it regardless. :)

People generally don't like change.

I'm excited to take a look, this was the first thread I found on the new forum/look! <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:44 pm __________ <br /><br /> I'm looking after I post here and don't see a "new post" button. I'm going to look more and see what I can find, but it is a function I use most.

I went to open RT on my iPad and got an 'authorization required' box that just kept coming up and I couldn't get in :cry_baby:
I had to go to the laptop to get here.

I like the new layout so far, feels easier to use

I had that lockout in place while I upgraded everything. It shouldn't show now on any device. If it does, you need to clear your cache, but I couldn't begin to tell you how for an iPad.

*whew* I was worried, and it's all better now iPad available again :)
Clearing the cache on this thing is one of the very few things I know how to do
Thanks MC.

Now go to get some rest

Latest posts

Back