So, what do we think of the new layout?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a while to remember my password so I could log in! Hee hee!

I use an iPad and find it very easy to use. I scroll with y right hand and find I am not clicking on many diversions by accident.

I do miss the old threads where responses were alternating by background color. It made it very easy to find things.

I am a newer member and have not had much time to get used to the old format...this one is fine by me!

Schipperkesue":olt5n1gt said:
I do miss the old threads where responses were alternating by background color. It made it very easy to find things.

I like that too. It may be possible to add that sometime soon. I'll play around when I have time.

In other news, I've darkened the green and blue used for the forum and topic titles somewhat.

could the "view" line be constant?

View unanswered posts, view unread... whenever I go to a post I have to use my back button if i want to view new posts.. would be nice just to be able to click "view unread" or "view unanswered" posts.

So even if I go to read a post, I can just click on that toolbar I think is what you would call it?

Not much to complain about , its no more difficult to navigate than before ....

Two things to note tho , the sigs seem to take up so darn much space , really clutters things up .... and the "view your posts" function that took you to a list of topics with your posts in them made following conversations you are involved in easy. There is a similar feature tho (takes you to a list of posts instead of topics) .... minor adjustment there I suppose.

All in all, I was logged in automatically again, and it was a pleasant surprise to see the changes.

I'm having the same problems with viewing as well, but I am light sensitive as well, and wear sun glasses :cool: most of the time. I'll try adjusting my screen res. I like the color scheme, but that too might have a bit to with my problems.

Alternating colors, I think, may have been why this was not a problem for m before. Not sure though.

The contrast is not so glaring if I take my glasses off, but then I can't see the screen, :lol:

I do like having he menu on every page, then I don't have to use the back button to go to another forum section.

click, and lets see what happens to my signature. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:58 am __________ <br /><br /> sig is fine, avatar is awol

Seems the view your posts function is still there , I just had to find it , its in the search feature on the left side.

oh boy, you can see how bad my typing is.

Got my avatar back, took a bit of work. Sometimes the words slide off to the side. Not sure how to describe it. Might be a Firefox thing. I'm going to try viewing in chrome.

I think it will take a bit of time to get accustomed to, but it's not bad. My eyes are a bit overwhelmed with the contrast of the lighter fonts in the grey background too though. Could just be my phone though.

Also, is there no longer a quick reply box? I always liked that because heading to the full editor, my phone gets a bit bogged down and types very slowly, like a letter per second slowly. Not your fault by any means, but I'd love to see the return of the quick reply box if it's possible (and if it's not just my stupid phone that's not showing it!)

ladysown":1685aic1 said:
could the "view" line be constant?

View unanswered posts, view unread... whenever I go to a post I have to use my back button if i want to view new posts.. would be nice just to be able to click "view unread" or "view unanswered" posts.

So even if I go to read a post, I can just click on that toolbar I think is what you would call it?

It's always there, under the search heading in the left menu. Just expand that heading and select which type of search you want.

Ramjet":1685aic1 said:
Two things to note tho , the sigs seem to take up so darn much space , really clutters things up ....

We'll be posting guidelines on this soon. I agree, it's getting out of control.

PSFAngoras":1685aic1 said:
Also, is there no longer a quick reply box?

It's still available. It's just hidden by default, but you can use the quick reply button on any topic to show it without having to refresh or load the posting page. If that button isn't showing/working for you, then that's a different issue. Let me know, I'll do what I can.

The quick reply is there PSF in the lower left corner at the end of the thread but not on every post.

I thought I was on the wrong forum at first when I logged on the morning. :runaround: I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to make a visit last night and didn't know this went down. I would like to see the left side user adjustable for size if it's not a PITA. It seems way to big to me.

The lime green on the home page I could do without. It's a bit hard for me to read too but once I mouse over it I like the color change and can see it fine. (welding accident to my right eye).

All in all not bad. Anything different just takes us old farts a little time to get use to. :farmer3:

Thanks for all you do MC. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:33 am __________ <br /><br /> Oops. Just went back to the home page and now it doesn't change colors when I mouse over things. ?? Maybe I wasn't logged in before. :?

A couple things
- when using my iPod the text in the caption box only gets the right half of the screen so it is more difficult to read. I would prefer if the text lines could get 3/4 of the screen. Putting the menu bar/toolbox along the top instead of the far left might fix this.

- the "view your posts" was actually more like a "view the threads you have responded to" and made it easy to see if anything new had been posted about the threads I was following.

Change isn't easy for me but I'll eventually get use to it :)

I like the change :)
I use IE for a browser on my home computer and no problems here.
I have a flat screen monitor so no adjustments for me.
I don't use a phone to access the site.

Only suggestion I have is I would like to see the signature area
shortened up. I like signatures BUT it's makes for lot more scrolling
to get past some of the bigger ones to get to the next post in the
threads. I would like to see NO pics in the sig area. Also it would
seem that 2 or 3 lines should be enough space per user.
This way, one could put their web site or blog url in the sig area.
We have a profile page here. Maybe more info could be added to that
page for links etc instead of using to big of a signature area.

I like having the avator pics. I usually glance at them and know who
the poster is without looking at the user id.

Thanks for all you do. It is MUCH appreciated :)

I need to figure out how to make a smaller pic for my avator.

OK guys, I moved the sidebar to the right. This should help people with smaller screens/devices.

I darkened the green and blue used in the forum and topic titles late last night, are we saying it's still not enough contrast?

And signatures will be regulated soon. We're discussing how best to limit them. It's generally agreed that some people are pushing it a bit with excessively long signatures.

Maybe I can make that user configurable at some point in the future... No promises, but if I have time it would be possible. Like, a radio button in your profile that you could select left or right from.

This morning all of the colors are about the same intensity as they were on the old site on my monitor. The green bar is lighter than last night.

I like it. It looks lighter and brighter than the scheme that was showing before, yet is easy on the eyes.

MidnightCoder":1q4zowu0 said:
ladysown wrote:could the "view" line be constant?

View unanswered posts, view unread...

It's always there, under the search heading in the left menu. Just expand that heading and select which type of search you want.

Ah-ha! That's where it was hiding! :p

Regarding quotes within quotes... until fairly recently on the old site if you quoted multiple people in one quote (as I just did above with Ladysown and you, MC) the individuals would have had their own header and quote box within the- um- dominant (?) quote box. Is there a way to restore that format, as it was much more clear at a glance?

Thanks for your continued tweaking of the New and improved RT! Here, you may need this: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

MamaSheepdog":3q5zqgwe said:
Regarding quotes within quotes... until fairly recently on the old site if you quoted multiple people in one quote (as I just did above with Ladysown and you, MC) the individuals would have had their own header and quote box within the- um- dominant (?) quote box. Is there a way to restore that format, as it was much more clear at a glance?

Yes, that will need to be fixed. I'll add it to the to-do list.

MamaSheepdog":3q5zqgwe said:
Here, you may need this: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Glug, glug, glug, MORE! :lol:

TwoAcreDream":2u2vic46 said:
I would like to see NO pics in the sig area. Also it would
seem that 2 or 3 lines should be enough space per user.

That would be kind of sad, since I had my logo made especially for my RT signature. :(

Back