she had 7 popples- Broken bones :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
false charlies are common between vienna + broken crosses.
it means that they're both broken and vienna marked at the same time, the vienna gene adds more white to the broken making it appear like a charlie.

:yeahthat: and Marshmallow has blue eyes, she is in her avatar so she definitely carries Vienna.

The solids look like a black and two blues but it is really too early to tell. Take a few more pictures in a couple days as they will have more fur. Bunnies grow very quickly :D

so one of the silver ones has a pink tummy, thinking its a opal
the other silver one doesn't have a pink tummy
and one of the brokens looks the same as the silvers<br /><br />__________ Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 pm __________<br /><br />should I take the babies in the house tonight?
its about 50-40 fahrenheit

thanks, the colors are really cool, I think the charlies have black spots (they only have spots on there behind lol)

TheLittleBunny10":1shdfhr4 said:
should I take the babies in the house tonight?

Your doe pulled plenty of fur and made a nice nest, so the kits should be just fine.

MamaSheepdog":2iyjpqmu said:
TheLittleBunny10":2iyjpqmu said:
should I take the babies in the house tonight?

Your doe pulled plenty of fur and made a nice nest, so the kits should be just fine.

they all got fed except for the little broken silver (my favorite) what should I do?
she wouldn't let me pick her up, was growling at me

anyway, the little ones are getting fur (and so fast) and I think one might be a chocolate otter? (the smallest in the litter)

do you want me to weigh them?

TheLittleBunny10":3vamakqv said:
they all got fed except for the little broken silver (my favorite) what should I do?

It's always the favorites! :angry:

You could remove the nest until this evening when they need to be fed again. Put the silver in with a couple of the smaller kits and have her feed them first. The bigger ones will be okay if they miss a meal, and she may hop back in and feed them anyway.

Weighing them is a good idea so you can track their growth. It might be a fun project for you to chart their growth rates. :)

here are some more pictures

Attachments

• buncharlies.jpg
    buncharlies.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 242
  • bunopaland.jpg
    bunopaland.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 242
  • bunblackVMandbroken.jpg
    bunblackVMandbroken.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 241
Aww! They look fat and well fed! :D

I'm not good with colors, but I do know that Opals have light fur in their ears, nostrils, lining their chins, and on the belly.

Hopefully one of our color experts will be able to tell you, but it will be easier when they are a little bigger.

anyone know what the little kit in the second picture color is?

just if you where wondering I didn't take a picture of the little silver one,

oh and I took the little ones out for a feeding, two of them ate but the little silver ones didn't get much

It could be a fawn or cream like Marshmellow.

Lilac is also a possiblily but with these colours people cannot even even agree what colour the are when they have an adult coat to inspect.

Pictures really do not do those colours justice and it makes it very difficult to tell exactly what they are.

Lilac, awesome! that is one of my favorite colors
I was thinking tort, but cream or fawn is more likely

MamaSheepdog":21i13m1x said:
Weighing them is a good idea so you can track their growth. It might be a fun project for you to chart their growth rates. :)

the smallest is 1.2 ounces (little broken silver) and heaviest is 2.0 ounces! (solid silver)
most where 1.4 ounces (except for little charlie and little broken silver)

Dood":1ssuy9jv said:
It could be a fawn or cream like Marshmellow.

Lilac is also a possiblily but with these colours people cannot even even agree what colour the are when they have an adult coat to inspect.

Pictures really do not do those colours justice and it makes it very difficult to tell exactly what they are.

I agree, don't want to guess based off of the pictures, would do better to guess based off of the pedigree if you have it. Tort, otter and opal are not likely in the same litters, but not impossible.

skysthelimit":2t6kolqa said:
I agree, don't want to guess based off of the pictures, would do better to guess based off of the pedigree if you have it. Tort, otter and opal are not likely in the same litters, but not impossible.

I was asking about the little brown one, it is either fawn/cream, tort or otter. I am leaning towards fawn/cream

My doe had 10 kits, so we have been weighing daily. So far all are gaining nicely, with the smallest being the same weight as the biggest was the day before. I bumped up Mom's food, added alfalfa cubes and she is in the box 4 or 5 times a day, so all are getting nicely fed. Hopefully this keeps up.

Good luck with yours. I would continue to put the little ones on her separately if you are worried they aren't gaining. Go by weight gain, not by looks at this point, as it is hard to tell on the itty bitty ones if they are really doing well, especially when we compare to the bigger ones in the litter.

Back