Rabbit Documentation

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zee

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been making notes in a weekly planner about different things thats been happening leading up to my doe kindling. You guys use a document to keep notes or anything of the sort? If so, would you be willing to share it? I was thinking about making up a sheet for each rabbit, but, I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel here. Your thoughts or suggestions or tips? Thanks.

Not to rain on your parade :badmood: , but I tried that when I first started with my herd, and found that does are notoriously unpredictable.

Sometimes they wait until the last moment to build a nest, pull fur, and then kindle within hours. The next time they might start early in the week they are due, feverishly building a nest... and then take a day or two off before starting up again, and then deliver the next day or whenever the mood strikes.

Of course, every herd is different, so you may as well give it a try. You could put an extra index card on their cage to make notes on nesting behavior so you can quickly jot it down while doing your daily chores. You could then transfer the info to a notebook or your computer, whichever you typically use.

I have MS Excel track sheets for just about everything. It's easy to set up and use, and alot less clutter around the house to keep in on my computer.

MamaSheepdog":1l78lo9v said:
Not to rain on your parade :badmood: , but I tried that when I first started with my herd, and found that does are notoriously unpredictable.

Sometimes they wait until the last moment to build a nest, pull fur, and then kindle within hours. The next time they might start early in the week they are due, feverishly building a nest... and then take a day or two off before starting up again, and then deliver the next day or whenever the mood strikes.

Of course, every herd is different, so you may as well give it a try. You could put an extra index card on their cage to make notes on nesting behavior so you can quickly jot it down while doing your daily chores. You could then transfer the info to a notebook or your computer, whichever you typically use.

:yeahthat: did the same w/same outcome. Would be a good idea if they were routine on what they did.

I dont have a master spead sheet i fill out but I keep a daily journal and have a calendar kept in the rabbit barn of dates born, when to weigh, when to wean, when to breed etc...

Each doe has her own section of a binder and this info is put in for each particular litter, usually while i watch TV, to keep track of her and her kits productivity.

Latest posts

Back