I see all the really low temperatures....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSFAngoras":178ig3hg said:
Just got in from cleaning cages. -3*. Still need to top off feeders and hay racks, but i'd like to make sure that I can feel my fingers again first!

Told DH before he left for work that when we move in a couple years I want a place that has a building for my buns. No exceptions!

-4 at our house this AM too. BRRRRRRRRRR REALLY didn't want to go out and take care of the fire at 5:30 but ...

The best thing I ever did was move the rabbits into my shop. But I won't lie, it was hard giving up the space to my 6 & 8 foot long hutches. :groooan:

We got down below 0 last night. Balmy 10 degrees right now, wooohooo.

And the heater on my van stopped working. A/C you can live without in N IL...heat, nope nope nope. I won't be going much of anywhere.

RJSchaefer":1s4e2uxi said:
We got down below 0 last night. Balmy 10 degrees right now, wooohooo.

And the heater on my van stopped working. A/C you can live without in N IL...heat, nope nope nope. I won't be going much of anywhere.

Good grief!!!. It's still above freezing here. Perhaps the lake is warm enough to do us some good.

However, that means the precipitation is liquid, and it's supposed to go down to 29 tonight. Icy roads tomorrow.

MamaSheepdog":35yvpxb3 said:
Methinks Fernie is going to be assaulting YOU, Bob!

And not in a "nice" way...

You --> :chair: <-- Fernie

No assaulting going on here. Fernie is sick in bed... So I'm safe. Plus she hasn't seen this thread so I'm good.

Safe for now, maybe... :popcorn: but when she gets better, you'd best duck and cover!

I hope you are being a good hubs and ministering to her every need.

If only in self preservation since she can't help you care for the kids and critters when she is in bed... :cats-bed:

Y'all are making me cold. I may have to shut the windows and put long pants on! Oh and shoes..... A balmy 83 here today!

Yep it was warm here today like Bill said but now its gonna get cold! :weep:
Around 90 days til spring here, depending on if Mother Nature is in a good mood or not. :lol:

Bill":ueighmas said:
Y'all are making me cold. I may have to shut the windows and put long pants on! Oh and shoes..... A balmy 83 here today!

:razz2:

Take that! :bash: And that! :frypan: AND THAT!!! :jump2:

It is 28 here right now. I had to put visqueen over the growout pens today to protect my bunnehs from the snow... they already have shade cloth as a barrier but that wont help when it melts.

HoppinHalfPints":ueighmas said:
MSD, yes! We could go out to lunch, maybe? :)

Sure! Or dinner even, depending on how the day goes. The show ran WAY over the first year I attended.

Do you have any kids? My daughter Queenpup (15) and youngest son Colliepup (11) will probably both be there with me.

Our building is cedar with visqueen stapled to the inside, billboard tarp for the roof. Now they have issued another winter storm warning for tomorrow morning into sunday afternoon. They are predicting another 3-7 inches. Last storm was predicted at 4-8 inches and we got about a foot. We get quite a bit of lake effect snow. Sunday night is supposed to be -6.

Ah! Okay! Well, maybe you can mentor Queenpup then. :)

Can't wait to meet you. :D

:angry: IT's COLD!
The first thing I saw when I pulled up the internet this morning.

Your Weather Oklahoma City, OK
Current Condition Mostly clear Right Now 10°F

Did I ever mention how much I hate COLD! That, and the fact it was 70 before this mess blew in Wed night? Oh, and that we have 4" of snow on the ground, for the second time this season, before CHRISTMAS!?!

I hate cold! :sleighride:

:eek:verreaction: NEGATIVE 8 WITH WINDCHILL!!! :eek:verreaction:

I live in California! :evil: This just isn't right!!!

My fingers are about to fall off, and I still have more rabbits to water. Plus they need to be fed! ACK!!!

We're under "winter storm advisory" with snow starting tomorrow night. they said at least 6" of big fluffy snow.

This past week we got to -50c with windchill about three hours south of me. The average temperature this week was -33c/-27F.

I am in Sunny S. Utah, we got 16 inches on snow yesterday, and it is neg 5 this am--
the rabbit water is going to be a project this am--
I have never seen it this cold this early-- and a friend who has been here 72 years said the same--

Latest posts

Back