I need to vent about my situation, not rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sagebrush":dxca8t6g said:
Truth be told, he is acting like a high school brat. He needs to mature a great deal before he will ever find happiness. It does greatly sadden me to say that too. :sad:

Sorry to just randomly dive in here, but...y'all are better off without him, and while you may feel sad about it, his happiness is not your responsibility and it is NOT your fault. You've done AMAZING so far, just keep being true to yourself.

Thread hijack in progress!

(Sorry, Sagebrush!)

Yeah Kyle- I was getting a bit worried, too!

Make a new thread and let us know why you have been AWOL for so long!

Sagebrush":37slj4r7 said:
Truth be told, he is acting like a high school brat. He needs to mature a great deal before he will ever find happiness. It does greatly sadden me to say that too. :sad:
You are right on the money. Part of maturing is realizing that:

The world is bigger than you.
The world does not revolve around you.
Other people are important.
Keeping your promises is important.
Your feelings do not trump your responsibility.
Messing up others' lives to make yourself "happy" is bad.
Love is an action, not a feeling. It is something you decide to do, not something you fall in and out of.
Happiness is fleeting; therefore, decisions should not be based upon it.
Giving things up that you think will make you happy, in order to do what will make someone else happy, is not only good, but it also will usually make you happy.

He's pretty much batting .000 here, so...

MamaSheepdog":1254s8u4 said:
Thread hijack in progress!

(Sorry, Sagebrush!)

Yeah Kyle- I was getting a bit worried, too!

Make a new thread and let us know why you have been AWOL for so long!

I will, eventually...it's just a crappy slice of fail though. :p

Miss M":1254s8u4 said:
Sagebrush":1254s8u4 said:
You are right on the money. Part of maturing is realizing that:

The world is bigger than you.
The world does not revolve around you.
Other people are important.
Keeping your promises is important.
Your feelings do not trump your responsibility.
Messing up others' lives to make yourself "happy" is bad.
Love is an action, not a feeling. It is something you decide to do, not something you fall in and out of.
Happiness is fleeting; therefore, decisions should not be based upon it.
Giving things up that you think will make you happy, in order to do what will make someone else happy, is not only good, but it also will usually make you happy.

He's pretty much batting .000 here, so...

THAT RIGHT THERE, in a nutshell.

My grandmother's husband walked out on her, somewhat similar situation. She felt the way you do...until she chose to focus instead on her life and her children. After that, everything else was gravy. If you have to take him to court to get his help to support the children, then so be it...we are all the sum of our decisions and actions, his choices are something he is accountable for.

I still think you are doing great all things considered. I really do.

Thank you Kyle and Miss M. I only feel sad in that I have realized what I was doing all those years I was with him, and he still hasn't changed. I am happy with what the Judge ordered and I am not above petitioning the court to be able to move out of the state if that is what has to happen to allow me to take care of my boys. He can just suck it up. I start the Dispatch academy this fall and by the end of next year I will be a fully licensed 911 dispatch operator. I am finishing my degree and getting on with my life. These boards, my buns, and all the people I have met since that fateful day have helped me to become what I am now and what I know a can become in the future, a well balanced working mom who loves and adores her children and who can stand up for herself against anyone who wishes to tread upon me again.

Sagebrush":1mc0a1i5 said:
a well balanced working mom who loves and adores her children and who can stand up for herself against anyone who wishes to tread upon me again.

YEAH!!!

:wr_power: :wr_star: :wr_sun:

Sagebrush":dggn96cs said:
Thank you Kyle and Miss M. I only feel sad in that I have realized what I was doing all those years I was with him, and he still hasn't changed. I am happy with what the Judge ordered and I am not above petitioning the court to be able to move out of the state if that is what has to happen to allow me to take care of my boys. He can just suck it up. I start the Dispatch academy this fall and by the end of next year I will be a fully licensed 911 dispatch operator. I am finishing my degree and getting on with my life. These boards, my buns, and all the people I have met since that fateful day have helped me to become what I am now and what I know a can become in the future, a well balanced working mom who loves and adores her children and who can stand up for herself against anyone who wishes to tread upon me again.

:) Sounds PERFECT. You are on the right path!!! :up: Someday your kids will be proudly telling their kids and maybe your grandkids about the strength and courage their mother has and how grateful they are to have you in their lives!!!!

Well all, I can begin a new life without being tied to my ex any longer. He just called me and agreed to what the Judge had ordered. I get to keep my truck, the personal property of both the boys and myself. I get support for the boys and myself. I do not have any of the debts that he racked up during the length of our marriage, and I get to go back to my maiden name.

Now just to wait for the official papers. :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Woo-hoo! Congratulations and cheers to you! I'm sure that you will create a wonderful life with your boys, and it's great that you can do it with financial support and without debt.

Sagebrush":20n0bix6 said:
Well all, I can begin a new life without being tied to my ex any longer. He just called me and agreed to what the Judge had ordered. I get to keep my truck, the personal property of both the boys and myself. I get support for the boys and myself. I do not have any of the debts that he racked up during the length of our marriage, and I get to go back to my maiden name.

Now just to wait for the official papers. :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

AWESOME, congratulations!!!!!!!! :D :group-hug2:

Thank you so very much you two. Thank you all to the Rabbit Talk tribe, without all your advice and support I would not have gotten so far. :grouphug:

Marinea":3ioquhof said:
He didn't want to watch his own children so you could work? He has had a girlfriend for over a year? He doesn't want to support his children?

And you're out of that mess now? Congratulations! I know it sounds cold, but I am sure that once you have your feet under you and things settled, you will be see this as a chance for a new start to a better life, for you and for your children.

Please talk with a good attorney. Do NOT try to handle this on your own, not with children involved. Make sure the attorney understands your spouse's position on support, and push for garnishment to make sure you get the support you are entitled to.

You and your children will be in my thoughts.

Just this. I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope you reach the other side and happiness again sooner rather than later.

Thanks Coffeenutdesigns, after he told me yesterday that he was agreeing with everything I was extremely happy and felt a HUGE weight lift off my shoulders.
CM.jpg
For the first time in over 10 years I went hiking today, and it felt great! I also got a great picture of the mountains near my home. I had to crop the picture to get it to fit, or else you would have seen Sage my dog looking back at me in the foreground.

Sagebrush":myoj452r said:
Thanks Coffeenutdesigns, after he told me yesterday that he was agreeing with everything I was extremely happy and felt a HUGE weight lift off my shoulders.

For the first time in over 10 years I went hiking today, and it felt great! I also got a great picture of the mountains near my home. I had to crop the picture to get it to fit, or else you would have seen Sage my dog looking back at me in the foreground.

Nothing quite like reminding yourself of the things you love that you haven't done in a while. I'm so glad you feel better, you deserve to be happy!

LOVE THE MOUNTAINS, btw. :)

Latest posts

Back