HSUS faces RICO charges

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/pets.aspx

"They are restricted to human homes, where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to. Because domesticated animals retain many of their basic instincts and drives but are not able to survive on their own in the wild, dogs, cats, or birds, whose strongest desire is to be free, must be confined to houses, yards, or cages for their own safety."

Where can I get a dog who only urinates when and where I allow it? I want one. ;)

hoodat":4p6la6gk said:

"They are restricted to human homes, where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to. Because domesticated animals retain many of their basic instincts and drives but are not able to survive on their own in the wild, dogs, cats, or birds, whose strongest desire is to be free, must be confined to houses, yards, or cages for their own safety."

Where can I get a dog who only urinates when and where I allow it? I want one. ;)
:lol: Or even a cat! And "whose strongest desire is to be free"? My cats are indoors, and the time or 2 they have ventured outside, they have cowered under the car until rescued, scared at all the "wild smells". I'd say their strongest desire would be to be fed treats more often and to be allowed to sleep in my bed (or I can sleep with them, if I prefer, they're very democratic about it)! My dog likes outdoors better than in, but the backyard only, as it is "hers". Luckily she didn't take my rabbits as intruders or prey, but seems to regard THEM as hers, too! She's fixed and has never had puppies as far as I know, do you think she believes they're puppies?

hoodat":2csxckqp said:

lol, I read that too. And how about those bad blind people who look to dogs to help them actually help make them independent. And appreciate their help and loyalty.

Karen

__________ Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:47 pm __________

dragonladyleanne":2csxckqp said:
hoodat":2csxckqp said:

:lol: Or even a cat! And "whose strongest desire is to be free"? My cats are indoors, and the time or 2 they have ventured outside, they have cowered under the car until rescued, scared at all the "wild smells". I'd say their strongest desire would be to be fed treats more often and to be allowed to sleep in my bed (or I can sleep with them, if I prefer, they're very democratic about it)! My dog likes outdoors better than in, but the backyard only, as it is "hers". Luckily she didn't take my rabbits as intruders or prey, but seems to regard THEM as hers, too! She's fixed and has never had puppies as far as I know, do you think she believes they're puppies?

I have a male dog, who never sired pups, but feel our rabbits are his as well. Don't think he thinks they are puppies, but definitely knows they are important to us. Dang me for giving a dog a job and making him feel important.

Karen

ZRabbits":2q88igs5 said:
I have a male dog, who never sired pups, but feel our rabbits are his as well. Don't think he thinks they are puppies, but definitely knows they are important to us. Dang me for giving a dog a job and making him feel important.

Karen

You ought to be ashamed. You've enslaved the poor animal to working for you. You heathen!!! :p

SatinsRule":355rpv6y said:
ZRabbits":355rpv6y said:

Karen

You ought to be ashamed. You've enslaved the poor animal to working for you. You heathen!!! :p

Oh well, another group that can't stand me.

Boy wish I was enslaved like he is. Special meals, goodies, treats, the best health care, roof over his head, air conditioning, fresh chilled RO water. All free of charge, plus absolute love and attention. I don't call this slavery. I call this spoiled rotten. And he's worth it all. Shame the "Peed on" People don't think so. But what they think doesn't really matter to me anyway.

Karen

I moved this here, in the hope that you will be willing, to move this discussion, to this thread.
squidpop":11h1kwik said:
Also, I too am sorry for hijacking the thread... but here I go again, can't help myself.

I've actually done a lot of research and have gotten into some pretty heated debates with people about AKC breeders.

I agree with you about working dogs they are healthy. Working dogs are healthy because they are not bred to conform to ridiculous AKC show standards— like giant heads, short legs, smushed in faces. Show breed dogs are not healthy because people who breed healthy pugs, that don't have smooshed in faces and can breath normally, will not win any AKC trophies for breeding a healthy animal. I think the AKC show standards, the way they are written, are cruel- they have diagrams and instructions that dictate breeding basset hounds with back problems and ears that constantly get infected and drag on the ground until scabs form, and people who follow the instructions become the "reputable breeders" because they have trophies. AKC standards for pugs, bulldogs, dachsunds, pointy nosed bearded collies that can't see, all reward people who breed animals that will suffer.

A really good example of how AKC show standards have ruined a breed is the American German Shepherd— AKC standards dictate german shepherds with ridiculous swoopy hind legs that are only designed to run around a show ring and win some ribbons while they are young and then when they hit 5 years old they fall apart, and can barely walk.
Armed forces and Police forces go to great lengths to get their German Shepherds from German lines because the American lines are ruined. Here's a picture that illustrates how AKC has ruined the American German Shepherd - top dog is a working German Shepherd from top working lines, and the bottom photo is what happens when AKC breeders breed a dog that is designed to run around in circles swoopy legs in a show ring.

Also, Here's a really good article that illustrates how the AKC show standards for German Shepherd have ruined the structure of the dogs. It shows the swoopy leg AKC diagram and explains why it creates dogs that can't walk properly.
http://leerburg.com/gsd-gate.htm
The article you gave, is well written, but has no date and the most current reference is 1997, which is 15 years ago. I will do some searches and get back with you, by this evening. I need to do feed/water, and then do some errands. I am not going to leave you hanging on a limb, but do have to go for now.
Laura

ZRabbits":28xbpf8q said:

Karen

It wasn't me! :p

I enjoyed your comments and insight on the only other thread I knew you were on, and wondered why you vanished of a sudden. :D

ZRabbits":4aw3lre4 said:

Karen, I do hope you were kidding with this comment. I enjoy your posts and I think most other people do as well. I am certain that SatinsRule was kidding you with this comment. Note the razz smilie that follows it.

SatinsRule":4aw3lre4 said:

MaggieJ":38177tfh said:
ZRabbits":38177tfh said:

Karen, I do hope you were kidding with this comment. I enjoy your posts and I think most other people do as well. I am certain that SatinsRule was kidding you with this comment. Note the razz smilie that follows it.

SatinsRule":38177tfh said:

Wasn't talking about this group. Was laughing and made a joke back to Satinrules when the funny comment was made. Meant that the group, who would think I'm enslaving my dog to work for me, couldn't stand me. Another group who lost total common sense, IMHO.

I never would think the fine group who post here at RT couldn't stand me. Or didn't have common sense. Felt nothing but friendly banter and discussion so far.

Sorry you thought that MaggieJ. Not my intention. I should have used the razz smile, lol.

Karen

I like to use the "razz smilie" to denote excitement and happiness... I hope I am not sending mixed messages when I use it.

I figured you were just playing along, Karen, but I am saddened by the fact that you have been accused of enslaving your dog by another group... and even more saddened that the propaganda machine has been so successful in directing people's sympathies to the plight of animals instead of the plight of people and the protection of our liberties.

Anything new on this case?I can't find anything. It would be great to be able to trust people in your rabbitry again. I love showing off my rabbits, especially to the neighborhood kids but nowadays we have to be so careful. Except in the most egregious cases I doubt the law would bother without prodding by HSUS.

http://www.thedogplace.org/TERRORISTS/HSUSx2-08.asp#
This page is a good read.

Why I am taking an integrated, organic stand in this.
- I have known about acidophilus / probiotics for over 30 years, because of having reactions to things (that are not quite allergies), so I try to stay away from processed items.
- I had sticker shock, when I went to the meat counter at the local store.
- I love to care for animals. I love meat. I started, and still have 3 adult bantam and some younger chicks around. I added ducks and geese, and decided to try getting my land ready for organic gardening, that was why I added rabbits and guinea pigs, to my livestock. Using pharmaceuticals on my animals or preventative treatment(s), would defeat organic standards. A sick animal has to be culled, because it does not support and organic way of life.
- I am slowly seeing an economic standard of Pharmaceuticals, in America. You can have silk standards, cotton standards, coal standards, car standards, gold standards, gas standards - these all rely on a market share, of recipical consumerism and their advertising is targeted toward people that are out and about. For pharmaceuticals to get market share, more people have to be sick and possibly have pessimistic thinking. With the genome project and organ cloning, pharmaceutical companies saw the potential of their market share drying up. Organ cloning has progressed to, cloning a viable bladder and transplanting it. These organs are grown from the person's own DNA and do not need anti-rejection drugs. Progress is being made on cloning other organs and teeth. The companies that are doing this are competing with the pharmaceuticals for grants, and with each organ success, they are chipping away at the pharmaceutical market share.
Since around 1990, the pharmaceutical companies started a drive for pharmaceuticals for everyone. ADD, ADHD, (not getting into abortion debate here, but to keep from getting sued for the drugs contributing to having a premie) but why they support prolife - No abortion so premie babies which need more drugs, depression, sleeplessness, animal diabetes, more immunizations even though a lot of people and animals have natural immunity, Mad Cow when they used parts from other animals that had neurotoxins for bot/warble fly in their systems they also dosing - healthy animals a neurotoxins.
HSUS is little more than PETA, people that do not really like animals. People and the government are more willing to protect things that have an economic impact, pets, hunting , animal shows, rodeos and meat. If the government/FBI is taken out of the equation because of the economic impact being turned around, the pharmaceutical companies can not be sued for damages they have done to someone's dna, that would keep them from being a candidate, to be able to have a organ cloned.

__________ Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:42 am __________

Glad you asked, thought I had been checking, I apologize. Short answer - I do not know. I am finding a lot that I do not know how to interpret, though.
--------
- does not have an update, beyoud extending the comment period to August -
Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions
https://www.federalregister.gov/article ... exemptions
--------
http://www.akc.org/
- AKC is being attacked for taking the stand on their page -

Humane Society Accuses American Kennel Club of Protecting Puppy Mills
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/humane-so ... E36EIbm7m4

--------
I do not know enough to know if this is opinion or fact
http://www.facebook.com/groups/12280542 ... 465492072/
"The ARBA MEMBERS have been against the regs. but the leadership has been, at best, neutral. They've been publicly telling members to go ahead and register with the USDA because the new reg "won't significantly impact them" If that's the case.. why register? ARBA is the ONLY breeders association that hasn't been fighting this tooth and nail. Claim they cannot lobby against anything federal or they lose their non profit status.. which on looking further into things is basically a lie."
--------
http://www.facebook.com/arbad8/posts/213405205452502
http://arba.net/legalert.htm
August 1-3, 2012
ARBA Legislative Committee Chair, Karen Horn and ARBA Executive Director Eric Stewart recently traveled to Washington D.C. to meet with key representatives of the USDA and House of Representatives and Senate Agriculture Committees.

The purpose of the meetings was to establish advisory relationships with the above entities and in that respect, the meetings were considered a success. ARBA was able to emphasize the interconnectivity of pet, show, commercial and textile rabbit industries; and the intersection of pet and show in cavy. The strongest, and primarily beneficial, relationship was established with the USDA.

For further details on the aforementioned meetings, please click the link below. The ARBA will be publishing both a position paper and official comment in regards to the current Pet Retail Sales legislation.
ARBA Legislative Update August 2012
-----
http://pinterest.com/laurall21/microfarms-legislation/
--------
http://www.abolitionistapproach.com/pet ... stication/
- a comment about this page -
"where is the logic in solving this 'problem'? Present day dogs, cats, horses, chickens, cows, etc. were breed/domesticated by mankind - they wouldn't even exist if not for people breeding them. This 'mindset' wants to create a world "in which animals are ultimately left to determine their own strategies for fulfillment according to their own devices"
--------

__________ Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am __________

Has some good articles on H$U$
-HSUS’ Uses Power in American Economy
-Wake Up Los Angeles
-HSUS’ Uses Power in American Economy
-Animal Rights Groups Wage War on American Hunters
-HSUS Sets Targets On North Dakota
-A Glimpse of America’s Egg-Less Future?
http://protecttheharvest.com/hsus-uses- ... -economy/#

__________ Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:28 am __________

a good article, by someone that is "interested in hunting and fishing"
September 19, 2012
Humane Society charged in RICO sui
Outdoors
Dave Sartwell
http://www.gloucestertimes.com/sports/x ... n-RICO-sui

Is the HSUS the same society of the state run humane societies? In my case the Kentucky Humane Society?

Not at all. Feel free to donate to your own Humane Society if you see them doing good things in your community. HSUS is not affiliated with any of them, and does virtually nothing for any animals, anywhere.

Back