HSUS faces RICO charges

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Reaction score
"Tables turned on Humane Society

Jim Matthews, Outdoors
Posted: 07/26/2012 08:32:04 PM PDT

The Humane Society of the United States, an organization that does next to nothing for animal shelters but sues, badgers and lobbies politicians and businesses into adopting its radical animals rights agenda, is getting a taste of its own medicine.
In a little-reported ruling by a judge in the District of Columbia earlier this month, the HSUS is facing allegations under RICO statues on racketeering, obstruction of justice, malicious prosecution and other claims for a lawsuit it brought and lost against Ringling Brothers Circus' parent company Feld Entertainment, Inc."

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/sports/ci_21169780 ... efresh=no##ixzz22inRZgWS
more links here and on my pin page
http://humanewatch.org/index.php/ads/de ... _ad_vick/#
http://humanewatch.org/index.php/site/p ... _the_dark/
I have also been working on a list of links - that I hope to have posted by tomarrow at
http://prismnews.weebly.com/<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:52 pm __________<br /><br />copy of the court order
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/m ... pinion.pdf

disclaimer - the extra links are background about HSUS, not necessarily about the lawsuit. It seems as if some people are still finding out about it. Will post more, as I find out more. I am :)

That's AWESOME news! About time they got a taste of their own medicine! I hope the plaintiffs can make this stick! It would be a very good precedent!

...grabbing some popcorn and a cooler full of frosty beverages for this one...gonna be a great show of fireworks!
I seriously hope they all fry like bacon!
EXTRA CRISPY PLEASE!

I've been reading and watching this one. Fingers and toes crossed !!! Praying that the lawyers move carefully through the trial. It really would be Great to see the schoolyard bully (H$U$) get a large taste of what they have been dealing out !!!

Random Rabbit":2b0foqdq said:
I've been reading and watching this one. Fingers and toes crossed !!! Praying that the lawyers move carefully through the trial. It really would be Great to see the schoolyard bully (H$U$) get a large taste of what they have been dealing out !!!

Charges like this take twenty years to file because the prosecutors dislike making mistakes. It took eleven years for the Ringling Brothers to beat them and I think the Ringlings are suing now as well. If we are very fortunate Wayne Pacelle and company will be having to actually work for a living in the future.

This site hasn't been updated in awhile but it does bring forward some interesting information not generally known, such as the fact that HSUS paid a witness $1,000 per month to make false claims. To date this witness has been paid over $190,000.
HSUS either isn't too bright or they think the rest of us are stupid. They took over Fund For Animals and then tried to use them to channel funds to the witness. That only makes the RICO allegations stronger.

hoodat":3knsb9ai said:
OOPSIE I see I forgot to credit the site and post a link. The site is Humane Watch and they are dedicated to keeping an eye on HSUS. Well worth checking out.

http://humanewatch.org/index.php/docume ... documents/

Very interesting read. Unfair report? Gee, Feds and Environmental Groups told me I was "confused and misinformed" on my research of the 4th Deadliest Superfund site in the Nation in my neighborhood. I guess Harmon was right also for HSUS to pull that tactic. I proved I was right. 10 years later, it's all coming back on them.

Karen

ZRabbits":1inh561n said:
Very interesting read. Unfair report? Gee, Feds and Environmental Groups told me I was "confused and misinformed" on my research of the 4th Deadliest Superfund site in the Nation in my neighborhood. I guess Harmon was right also for HSUS to pull that tactic. I proved I was right. 10 years later, it's all coming back on them.

Karen
I know I am going completely off topic, but have to ask. Karen do you mean, Tom's? Dead fish and more? If so, I agree. It was one of my major references, several years ago. If you are referring to another site, I am very interested.

Piper":ck57buww said:
ZRabbits":ck57buww said:

Karen
I know I am going completely off topic, but have to ask. Karen do you mean, Tom's? Dead fish and more? If so, I agree. It was one of my major references, several years ago. If you are referring to another site, I am very interested.

No, this is nuclear and in Camden County. Unfortunately you won't find much on it because it's under a consent order. After what I divulged as a Private Citizen, everything went undercover. All info has been removed. All the names of the Democratic Players and their Environmental Pacs, NJ Environmental Federation, CARE, Sierra Club and the NJ DEP have been protected under this federal consent order. But, the citizens get pay for it all. And I was deemed crazy.

I know full well about Toms as well.

Just like this group allegedly protecting animals, another farce.

All frauds, just pacs, feeding off of innocent citizens for donations and power. That is all.

But if you want more, just PM me.

Karen

Feld Entertainment’s Federal Racketeering Case to Proceed Against ASPCA, HSUS and other Animal Rights Groups and their Lawyers
http://www.ringlingbrostrialinfo.com/

This is a 'small' part of PETA's page. It pertains to any domestic animal, even your household pet!
http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/pets.aspx
"They are restricted to human homes, where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to. Because domesticated animals retain many of their basic instincts and drives but are not able to survive on their own in the wild, dogs, cats, or birds, whose strongest desire is to be free, must be confined to houses, yards, or cages for their own safety."

Penn and Teller - P.E.T.A. - Penn and Teller, tell the info that PETA would like to keep quiet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=inFtOMx8nDU
Wiki has that episode Original air date as April 1, 2004. -- shows that PETA has not changed.

Wiki background on PETA - one of it's bases is the philosophy of "Peter Singer" who believes that animals are equal to humans, to the point of believing in Zoophilia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA
Humane Society of the United States does not support that but they show back up, here. Think
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humane_Soc ... ted_States
"In 1961, HSUS investigator Frank McMahon launched a probe of dog dealers around the country to generate support for a federal law to prevent cruelty to animals destined for use in laboratories. The five-year investigation into the multilayered trade in dogs paid off in February 1966 when Life published a photo-essay of a raid conducted on a Maryland dog dealer’s premises by McMahon and the state police.[21][22]
The Life spread sparked outrage, and tens of thousands of Americans wrote to their congressional representatives, demanding action to protect animals and prevent pet theft. That summer the U.S. Congress approved the Laboratory Animal Welfare Act (later renamed the "Animal Welfare Act of 1966"), only the second major federal humane law passed since World War II.[23]"
So, they are involved in "Proposed Changes to Animal Welfare Act/APHIS/USDA", too.
proposed-changes-to-animal-welfare-act-aphis-usda-t8429.html
The comment period has been extended to August 15, 2012 - http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4697<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:52 pm __________<br /><br />
ZRabbits":245d74cn said:
Piper":245d74cn said:
ZRabbits":245d74cn said:

Karen

No, this is nuclear and in Camden County. Unfortunately you won't find much on it because it's under a consent order. After what I divulged as a Private Citizen, everything went undercover. All info has been removed. All the names of the Democratic Players and their Environmental Pacs, NJ Environmental Federation, CARE, Sierra Club and the NJ DEP have been protected under this federal consent order. But, the citizens get pay for it all. And I was deemed crazy.

I know full well about Toms as well.

Just like this group allegedly protecting animals, another farce.

All frauds, just pacs, feeding off of innocent citizens for donations and power. That is all.

But if you want more, just PM me.

Karen
- Thank You, I am interested in the RICO and the Animal Right/Pet Store items right now. May I take a rain check. Will be getting back to research on the Super Fund sites, in the near future.
- It is hard to have a lawsuit, if there are no damages. A lot of the backing, to add / count damaged animals - as normal and wanted, is from the very same companies that have helped damage their DNA. I could see them trying to keep it quiet, but instead they are supporting anything that is against scientific discovery, a scientific discovery that might track aberrations and develope a baseline for animal (or human) aberrations, including in the genetic code.

-- This ties into the RICO lawsuit, as to their motives, but I doubt that it could be an item(s) that could be brought into court, at this time.
- If people do not keep, breed or eat animals, there is no damage or at least the (law) damages will be less. If 'all' human fetus' are given the same status as an person that was born naturally but with an handicap -- no damages there either.
- Rain Check?

Wow, funny how you don't notice things sometimes until it gets personal! Some friends of mine got me involved in a local effort to re-legalize raising chickens within the city limits. Technically, I am outside them (5-6 blocks and a bridge), but even so, I chose to raise rabbits in my retirement because they aren't noisy (and so draw less attention)! Only one of my neighbors knows I have them, and even SHE may not realize I intend to eventually EAT them! ANYway, joining the "Backyard" group put lots of Facebook "suggestions" up, including one called Save Our Harvest - and I found out about HSUS! At first, I thought SOH was the equivalent of PETA extremists, on the other side (science is better, nature is ours to do with what we want, etc) . . . but HSUS was almost as brattily pointing fingers back at the egg industry, and frankly, though I prefer "free range farming" myself, I say let the market forces dictate it. I pay more for what I like, or I grow it myself, or I settle for lesser quality when I can do neither. Government regulation should only come into play when I will hurt others by my actions. I went so far as to email my local Humane Society, which I knew did have a no-kill shelter and did abuse rescues . . . their director replied to me almost immediately, that they received NO money from HSUS, were NOT affiliated with them, and please donate locally, NOT to the HSUS. Only today did I spot this thread! Talk about "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance"! Thanks Folks, I will be paying more attention now!

- Thank You, I am interested in the RICO and the Animal Right/Pet Store items right now. May I take a rain check. Will be getting back to research on the Super Fund sites, in the near future.
- It is hard to have a lawsuit, if there are no damages. A lot of the backing, to add / count damaged animals - as normal and wanted, is from the very same companies that have helped damage their DNA. I could see them trying to keep it quiet, but instead they are supporting anything that is against scientific discovery, a scientific discovery that might track aberrations and develope a baseline for animal (or human) aberrations, including in the genetic code.

-- This ties into the RICO lawsuit, as to their motives, but I doubt that it could be an item(s) that could be brought into court, at this time.
- If people do not keep, breed or eat animals, there is no damage or at least the (law) damages will be less. If 'all' human fetus' are given the same status as an person that was born naturally but with an handicap -- no damages there either.
- Rain Check?

Just like "if there are no health studies, there is no environmental damage. So a little uranium in the drinking water will be just fine."

Thanks so much for posting all the information regarding HSUS and PETA. Know how Ted Nugent feels about his threats toward his children. I too, stay "locked and loaded" because of threats against my life. And you have no idea what they put my dying son through.

When you are ready, I'll be more than glad to honor that Rain Check. Wishing you all the luck with your fight.

Karen

Latest posts

Back