FLAX SEED (THE RESULTS)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to put the bucks dishes in pie tins to stop the digging but it worked. My junior buck has lost some weight and so I am treating him for wool block. He is pretty boney in the hip right now and I am a bit worried. He is going to be going on a hay only diet for a bit. I am going to give him flax seed in his dish and I am going to grow some fodder for him as well. I hope it works.

Sadly no. Baking rabbit cookies was too much work for me. I decided to eat the flax seed myself.

Hi Mary Ann, I have a 3 year old Mini Rex doe. She has been fed Flax seed for about a year and a half (I only adopted her a couple days ago from a friend who is also a breeder. She (the doe) has not produced a successful litter in the time my friend had her (she did have multiple with another girl) so I was wondering based on your observations, if I maybe increase the amount of flax seed maybe she would have a successful litter? (We were wondering if it was the bucks she was out to, my friend only attempted to breed her twice)

Hi Anastasia,

Just popping in to let you know this thread was last updated in 2014. The OP may or may not be around, but it might help you get more answers if you just start a new thread. :oops:

This thread is a bit old but has a lot of great info. That being said I give approx 1/2 tsp of flax seed every morning as part of a mix I use for top dressing with my Angoras. I have no doubt that it helps their coats as well as skin health.

I read a post from this thread awhile ago did some research and got some flax. IT'S AMAZING!!!! I started giving half a tablespoon of it in Olaf's food daily. I've been doing it for almost a few months now and it has really improved his coat, and his health ( i think). His fur is so much softer, and it's been helping him through molting. I am forever making it a thing that I recommend this to all rabbit owners! It really is amazing.

This is really interesting! Great info. So now I'm thinking of mixing up a supplement for my buns, and feeding it trough style every morning. But if I make it up in bulk, the amounts get muddled in my head.
So I'm thinking:
5 parts oats
2 part boss
1 part calf manna
.5 'parts' flax?

ALL my bunnies become diggers if I put anything other than food in the food (especially my buck) and since its a colony setting, there's 2 does, 1 buck (soon to be 4 does, the new ones are coming out of quarantine soon!) and grow-outs of various ages. (which REALLY need to be butchered, but they are still on the small side for me) Noone's ever had loose poop, no matter what they eat. And they've all had everything but Flax in their diets already. They ADORE the oats.

Latest posts

Back