BH's V-Lop Thread (New Baby Pics 09/12)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Just reserved a trio of Velveteen Lops from the COD holder in Ohio. Have to put a deposit down, hopefully she'll wait until the 22nd, when I sell some of Maysie's kits. All told, three rabbits will cost me 330$ Will probably end up being more, as $255 of that is USD. The rabbits themselves are 65$ each, then 45$ in transport fees per rabbit.

It'll be the end of October before they get here, but once I've paid my deposit, the breeder is going to select a trio for me(my only requirements are no REW, and that one be broken.) I also get a 1yr membership in the velveteen lop breeder's club, which is kind of cool, and will be my first breeder's club membership.

My mom keeps telling me I'm crazy, and that I should keep holding out to find them here in Ontario - I had found a litter where they were selling for 20$ each, but the person with the advert never replied back to me. There are also a couple breeders further up in Ontario, but again, when I contact, no response. She thinks that is far too much money to "throw away" on rabbits I have never seen.

So I shall be counting down the sleeps until I get my velveteen lops. I'm so excited for them!!

velveteen lops are very cute and soft! Cant wait to see pics when you get them :D

Crazy? Nope. Determined? Yes. Rabbitosis? For sure.

I say this: as long as the money isn't needed for something else (not that you would do that), and it's something you really want, do it!

No regrets.

:lol:

The Cat: ...We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

Well, I'm not going to say you AREN'T crazy, but I will say I have probably thrown away a lot more money on more foolish things in my life, so I'm really not one to judge crazy, lol. Hope you get some pretty ones!

I'm jealous! I want some velveteen lops and the only ones I've found here are 100.00 each. Would I spend that if I had it? YYYYeeeeppp! So I guess I'm crazy too! :p
Can't wait to see them! :)

Ummmm..... I think asking that question here is sort of like asking your fellow patient in the mental health facility.....

:wbounce:

I ask it here because the not rabbit people all look at me with wide eyes and gently pat my head when I say I'm spending 110$ per rabbit, lol! I know in the back of our minds we all know it's a little off the rocker to spend that kind of money, and be bouncing off the walls excited for rabbits I won't put my hands on for 108 sleeps... But since we all suffer the same addiction, I think it's a safe place to share my excitement, LOL!

@Marinea - The money could be better spent on a million other things... but nothing more important than getting new bunnies! The essentials are ALWAYS covered first, but the bunny money is always for rabbit related expenses. I'll have to put some of my personal money into finishing my new cages, but it's worth it!

@AmysMacdog - If you're ever in the area...

Nah crazy is being allergic to cats...so getting three of them ~raises hand~ and also being allergic to hay...but since hay isn't cute and fluffy having dozens of bunnies that need to eat said hay ~sheepish look~

a gal up the road from me has some. I would have cheerfully driven them up your way for some hard cash. would have given me the opportunity to meet you as well. :)

But hey... enjoy the buns you have coming. :)

I also have the same sickness,,,,and as of yet there is no cure....Im highly infectious lol... I drove for 2 hours in a circle lost in the boonies..with a dead cell phone ..pulling my hair out trying to find this NZ breeder and ...well Im happy I did,...I got 2 beautiful Bred does out of it for free...well 30 dollars worth of gas...

ladysown":3pubq1lr said:
a gal up the road from me has some. I would have cheerfully driven them up your way for some hard cash. would have given me the opportunity to meet you as well. :)

But hey... enjoy the buns you have coming. :)

:( Wish I'd known that before I started setting this up. I've been watching kijiji for weeks, and looked on FB a few times, including that FB group I told you about. Oh well, at least I'll have some back up now, in case this one falls through!

Sinnfox":1enutglr said:
Nah crazy is being allergic to cats...so getting three of them ~raises hand~ and also being allergic to hay...but since hay isn't cute and fluffy having dozens of bunnies that need to eat said hay ~sheepish look~
Yep... that's crazy, alright! Beyond crazy, really! :lol:

>.> I still have my husband convinced that the reason I have to scrub my arms after feeding everyone is the quarantine..O-o he didn't realize I did it even when I had no quarantined rabbits >.>

Back