my homeschooled kid

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alforddm":38cc3zqh said:
We started playing everquest in 1999 and played until right after everquest II came out then we played that and wow. Hubby still plays WoW on weekends.

I had to stop any sort of multi-user based gaming after I had my kid. The monthly fee was annoying to me and you can't just 'pause' those sort of games. :p:

I probably shouldn't tell you that a lot of games don't have fees anymore. It sucked me right back into a few of them... but I can't do it anymore. I'm too old for the late nights questing and getting up and going to work.

JenerationX":u5ugb32p said:
I probably shouldn't tell you that a lot of games don't have fees anymore. It sucked me right back into a few of them... but I can't do it anymore. I'm too old for the late nights questing and getting up and going to work.

Oh????
I'm so NOT going to look.... o.0

Sony just gave the Original Everquest game including all the expansions to Project 1999. I never dreamed they would do it. Sony kept all the story rights but the game itself and the models Project 1999 can now use in anyway they want

I love this thread!
Thank you!

We are homeschoolers, too.
Public school destroyed my daughter~ she left in mid Grade one with PTSD.
She is now entering Grade 5 (age wise) and we have never looked back.

She presents strongly with anxiety and OCD with SPD (sensory issues), but also has Tourette's and has been diagnosed (a year ago) with Aspergers (high functioning autism).
Clinically she fits on the autism spectrum, in a very unusual 'pattern' of strengths and weaknesses~ the psychiatrist feels it is a handy label but that the real creature to manage and support is her intelligence, which is testing over 140 and he feels higher than that but inhibited by the severity of her anxiety/ OCD stuff.
His theory is that super smart people are just very different in how they perceive and think and function.
In my daughter's case just functioning can be a huge challenge~ she may be brilliant but has no executive function skills and is often paralyzed by her anxiety.
So there are lots of great things, but lots of challenges, too.
By homeschooling we can meet her where she is at... let her read like an adult and do math at her actual grade level etc. and continue to stretch and teach her around social skills, managing anxiety etc.
It is very intensive and not at all hands off, although that is the goal with time!!

I was labelled gifted as well, but I enjoyed school and was successful socially, although I learned utterly NO work habits and cruised through to a graduate degree without learning much at all :lol: ~ which I really regret now!
I also definitely have learning challenges in math/ working memory and other areas~ so I am re-teaching myself all that I missed while teaching my daughter math! :shock:

My daughter's needs have lead me to quit my 20 year career and stay at home with her~ my husband (definitely Aspergers!) works away as a truck driver long haul.
So our home set up is very tailored to everyone's needs at this time.
(Bunnies are a joint project with my daughter to work on her practical skills and give me something to think about LOL)
She may not remember to brush her teeth but she has a much better grasp on colour genetics than I do and can draw a mean punnet square :lol:

Nice to hear from you, Lori! It sound like you and your daughter are doing great and it's super inspiring to hear all of there's success stories with homeschooled 'different' kids. :)

Thank you for sharing some of your journey!

Latest posts

Back