Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Sagebrush. This thread is cuteness overload. :!:

Pikku, I'm very, very jealous of the amount of color variety you have there. Beautiful litter!!!! It's really wonderful watching them grow. :love:
Can't wait to see more.
:popcorn:

I LOVE ALL THOSE COLORS!!!!!! I think I may need to add another breed just to satisfy the color cuteness factor... SF are just the same over and over. That's why I am tempted to keep that VM doe that I had in the last litter :twisted:

OH NO! The MR doe has started soiling the nestbox. :( It might be because it's sized for a big meat rabbit *looks doubtful*
Not sure if I'm going to breed her again. I feel that it's too cold for wet rex-type babies to be outside at night, so I'm keeping them inside to stay warm and clean and just taking them out to feed while I do chores.

I get the impression these babies are getting pleny to eat. :p

(and I still think that tri is a tort)

Attachments

• GEDC1262.JPG
    GEDC1262.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,714
  • GEDC1258.JPG
    GEDC1258.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,714
I can't wait to get one of my tri colors bred. I have 3 tri daughters from
my lop Molly. She had 1 tri in each of her 3 litters.
Not sure whether to breed them to their dad who is white with black
broken. Or to their brother, Cadbury, who is 2 shades of chocolate.

I want one of them belgium hares also. They sure are a purty color :)

Zass":2zuy7c92 said:
Wow, those are neat! I'm pretty interested in tri colored rabbits now that I had one appear in one of my nestboxes. :D Anyone know why tris tend to look spotty, but harlequin are banded?
Is it just modifiers one would select for similarly to the way a good broken pattern is selected ?

Tri is the broken version of Harlequin... <br /><br /> __________ Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 pm __________ <br /><br />
Zass":2zuy7c92 said:
OH NO! The MR doe has started soiling the nestbox. :( It might be because it's sized for a big meat rabbit *looks doubtful*
Not sure if I'm going to breed her again. I feel that it's too cold for wet rex-type babies to be outside at night, so I'm keeping them inside to stay warm and clean and just taking them out to feed while I do chores.

Doesn't look Tri to me....Looks like a smutty Fawn or a Tort of some kind.

OneAcreFarm":2oq74s83 said:
Zass":2oq74s83 said:
Wow, those are neat! I'm pretty interested in tri colored rabbits now that I had one appear in one of my nestboxes. :D Anyone know why tris tend to look spotty, but harlequin are banded?
Is it just modifiers one would select for similarly to the way a good broken pattern is selected ?

Tri is the broken version of Harlequin...

__________ Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 pm __________

Zass":2oq74s83 said:

Doesn't look Tri to me....Looks like a smutty Fawn or a Tort of some kind.

Tri is broken hari, but they often have different coat patterns than what is accepted with the harlequin breed. I was just wondering if anyone knew any more about it. I prefer the banded or barred patterns.

This kit is definitely a tri, and a dilute torted tri if my initial guess is right.
I just have a really hard time getting it's tort markings and spotty colors to show up in the same pics. :)

Attachments

• GEDC1335.JPG
    GEDC1335.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,433
I finally got a litter of kits! :p As if you couldn't tell I am beyond excited. They are a mix of Rex and Dutch with a little Palomino thrown in on Misia's side. All are blue and most of them have Vienna expressed.
newborns Stew and Misia (600x800).jpg
wiggly bunch (800x600).jpg

Yes they are, and man your lines can produce! So glad Kettle had so many. I am hoping to keep a couple of does to replace some of these extra bucks. :D

Yes she is. Such a sweet doe as well. She keeps licking my arm and hand when I go to feed, water, or just pet her. NO grunting or growling when I was messing with the babies either.

Sagebrush":1mnkysgt said:
Yes she is. Such a sweet doe as well. She keeps licking my arm and hand when I go to feed, water, or just pet her. NO grunting or growling when I was messing with the babies either.

Lucky! Sweet does are a treasure.

I was finally able to get my tri to show it's torted nose in the same pic as it's spots! I was surprised by the color, but I'm also surprised at how adorable I'm starting to find it!
Photogenic little thing. Even it's white markings are pretty neat.

GEDC1409.JPG
They are looking cleaner after a few nights inside, away from the nestbox soiling doe.
So...this is what normal rexed coated kits look like...No curls! no balding!
They are from a MR doe and the REW buck who threw 100% curls with Mucky.

None of those bucks have ever thrown a curly or balding kit when crossed with anyone else.

So...it's clearly recessive. Still not sure what makes only a small percentage go bald. :shrug:
GEDC1346.JPG
Anyone have any caption ideas?
GEDC1349.JPG

Back