Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist the photo ops this morning. :)

Attachments

• SayingHi.jpg
    SayingHi.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 1,731
  • Munching.jpg
    Munching.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 1,731
SO cute Pikku!!!! The doe is really pretty too.

Because of the oddity of the curl genes, Mucky's kits aren't too photogenic right now. They are however, as cuddly as ever. 8 weeks today. Mucky is on the left, flopped on her side and almost buried under Igor and Spot. They always do this. :roll:
GEDC1531.JPG

I also gave them the chestnut doeling to socialize from my agoui-fox litter. Mucky doesn't mind. She's just not the minding type.
Here, Igor and Spider are giving the little chestnut a v-lop welcome. :)
GEDC1524.JPG

Lots of color Celice! Are some of those babies in your colony?
My big girl Feather was in the nestbox this morning when I went to feed them...she looked kinda busy so I didn't disturb her. Hoping to have a pic for this thread later.

Zass":1rb317nt said:
Lots of color Celice! Are some of those babies in your colony?
My big girl Feather was in the nestbox this morning when I went to feed them...she looked kinda busy so I didn't disturb her. Hoping to have a pic for this thread later.

lot's and lots of color!

never thought I'd get Harli-blues in a standered blue rex litter. The (smutty)Opal litter was in the colony I moved her when her kits were old enough 'cause she was beating up every one else, I put 2 of the largest kits back and they seem to do just fine. She's a good producer but she's got horrible color and meaner than snot to the other does so I'll have to keep her separated.

I'm expecting a litter today from my french angora, Cotton. We got a French ang. buck at the fair this year, he's blue but he carries chocolate and rew - so we will see what popes up in that litter!

Babies from this May :D hopefully going to have babies next month

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,663
image-36.jpg

image-37.jpg

image-38.jpg

Hehe photos of my first litter XD they were nibbling on the cone and falling asleep just so much cute!

__________ Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:18 pm __________

__________ Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm __________

Sagebrush":2keljnr3 said:
Those are some beautiful reds Abbie!
Thank you so much! They are actually torts but wish they were reds,
Could get some actually since I've got a orange x broken tort litter comeing.

There's an odd collection of rabbits. :shock:
GEDC1540.JPG
GEDC1545.JPG
Turns out the big REW buck makes a good babysitter.

The weather has driven them all inside, but I'm still I'm waiting on his new owner to come pick him up. So...they are sharing a pen for as long as they can get along. Hopefully he'll be out of here soon.
See the REALLY low ears and odd ear shape on Spot? She inherited that trait from him. The thin crown fur is connected to the curl genes. It's a weird phase she's in, but it's being outgrown.

I'm working towards this older style instead.

[album]3067[/album]
I'll admit, I wasn't prepared for the shift in what is considered a proper velveteen lop. I knew they weren't passed and the standards could change, but I didn't realize breeders were working towards that dramatic of a change.

One thing I cannot find fault with is any of their personalities. They have all been really really nice rabbits.

Sagebrush":1bc3spq1 said:
I really like the look of the brown v-lop. The pigtail type ears are what get me, plus that soulful look to his face.

He's a very smutty broken orange. I like his ears, eyes, good foot fur, lack of curl genes, and small size. He's going to be my foundation buck. I've decided that I have no interest in showing with the new standards, or working with lines that have been bred to those standards.

So...I've moved my goals to breeding for good tempered healthy, hardy pets only.

Feather (Lilac GTS) Aa bb C_ dd Es_
to
Frett(Opal) Aa Bb C_ dd E_

Colors possible:
blue, lilac , blue gts, lilac gts, opal, and lynx. The last two are what I'm after.

Good first timer. Plump kits and lots of pulled hair. I'll give Feather a bit of extra boss, because she pulled off doing a good job like this in 8 degrees F.

Attachments

• GEDC1549.JPG
    GEDC1549.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,098
Homer":oyz6k96q said:
:-o Those are some chunky monkeys Feather had!
I forgot to mention in my post that there were 9 .
She was trying to feed them again when I took the nestbox back to her an hour later. :roll: That line has mostly heavy milkers.

Latest posts

Back