Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone's popples are so beautiful!!!
I'm so jealous. It's been 8 weeks with no new babies for me. :(
A popple drought.

My squirrel colored doe looks something like a basketball at the moment.
I don't even know what I was thinking ... failing to record the date I bred her..

It isn't like me at all. :evil:

SO, I have no way to know when babies will be here, but judging by the size of her..

any
day
now

:popcorn:

Had to share some new pics of my babies. I'm amazed at how much they've changed in just a week.

They're (almost) 3 weeks old (they will be on Wedsnday)

But I had them out for a bit of playtime today :bunnyhop:

They loved hopping around and exploring the living room, they weren't hard to gather up either, as they all got gassed out pretty quickly and gathered around my legs to fall asleep lol.

Not very good pictures, because it's cloudy out so there's very little natural light and having the lights on didn't help either lol.

35iq54k.jpg

3025jlh.jpg

343rntk.jpg

29ep3iv.jpg

Little "Split"
2ag3us6.jpg

This one is still my favorite and I've convinced myself that if I keep calling it "her" it'll magically be a doe, since I have no idea what it actually is xD but I really like this one, not only is "she" one of the friendliest, but I'm a sucker for anything with patches of color on the face, so I was thinking about keeping it, but not if it's a buck, unless I got another doe lol.

This one likes head scritches :lol: He just sort of melts into a puddle lol.
fp8x4.jpg

4iiypy.jpg

(and then tinypic decided to fart out and stop uploading my pics -_-) But all 7 are still kickin'! :p

They are beautiful Fireclaws!
Zass, I hope your popple drought ends soon! It sounds like it will. :D

Here are two of our current Mini Lop kits, both does, that will be 6 weeks old Friday:
(The first one is reserved and the 2nd we are thinking we will keep)

Sage%2Baka%2BBear%2B6%2Bweeks%2Bold%2BJune%2B2015.jpg

6%2Bweeks%2Bold%2BJune%2B2015%2BMeadow.jpg

Fireclaws bunnbutts":2fl0t8qu said:
I've convinced myself that if I keep calling it "her" it'll magically be a doe, since I have no idea what it actually is xD

You should be able to sex them pretty easily by this age. :) They're adorable, btw.

After a disappointing start this spring with our 3 young does, things are finally looking up. Casco, who actually used the nest box instead of kindling on the wire has kept 7 out of 9 and they are now 4 weeks old. I think this may be my favorite age.
IMG_8731.jpg

Berwick kindled only 6 her first time and only kept 4 past the first week or so, but her second time she had 13 and only lost 1 runt. Here's her litter at one week. She seems to have no trouble feeding them all--reassuring after her sister lost all but 4 out of her first 2 litters. Here's Berwick's litter of 12 at one week.

Attachments

• IMG_8732.jpg
    IMG_8732.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 909
Rainey, they look like WEimeraner puppies in that colour :)
Fireclaws, love the harle!! <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:42 am __________ <br /><br /> 8 days, 140-200g
3 chestnut
3 chestnut with brindled bellies (from dam's ej)
1 black (sadly the runt!)
My FG mix X pb FG buck
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is Red Megan's bunch, 12 days old! Their eyes are opening and becoming quite the explorers!! I took the front of the nest box off today, so now they'll be able to come and go!

Hungry the Runt is thriving also, and there is one solid red in the litter, so I know that there is an enen, in addition to all the ENen, LOL!

Attachments

• Jun 16 MegML1 (9)a.jpg
    Jun 16 MegML1 (9)a.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 872
:love: I love the reds too.

I borrowed a camera for temporary use, but...it's already doing bad things.

My harlequinized chinchillas look like chestnuts. :evil: I assure you they are not.
Out of a magpie and a squirrel, chestnut is genetically impossible, so it's just a bad camera picking up on high rufus chinchilla.

And yeah, the magpie is definitely the father. There were no other buck here other than Sushi...and Sushi wouldn't have produced smutty harli markings on everyone. :lol:

So this is a mess of harlequinized chinchilla and chocolate chinchilla. I'll get sunlight shots when it becomes possible.

Attachments

• 100_8430.JPG
    100_8430.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 1,027
This was my first litter, and the whole "squeaky popcorn" (the best way I could think to describe it) caught me off guard. I videoed it to show some friends who also had no idea what I was talking about :lol: . (Are videos OK? If not, I can delete)

https://youtu.be/w4etWaNEg2Q

A sample of the color variety (4 out of the 11 in the litter) - this was a NZW and a mixed breed buck.

This was by far my favorite and I was excited to see what it was going to look like, but sadly it fell out onto the wire later this same day and my dog pulled it through the wire (taking it's prize to my kids... that didn't go well) :( (I now have a layer of wire a few inches lower to prevent that from happening again).

That's why we affectionately call them "popples"! :lol: They will pop right out of your hands, too, so when the kids hold them, it's best for them to be sitting on the floor.

I'm sorry the dog got your little harlie. :(

I got the camera to behave a little better. It's just going to take a while to get the old junky camera to work for me, since I was accostomed to my fussy newer one.

At least, it wasn't making them look like chestnuts today. :D

These pics are for everyone wondering what in the world "harlequinized" meant.

One copy of the gene shows up sort of...over or under the the normal markings.

Genotype is
A_ B_cchd_ Dd Eej
or
A_bb cchd_ Dd Eej

A_ agouti
B not chocolate
bb chocolate
cchd_ chinchilla
Dd not dilute, but carrying an invisible recessive copy

Eej normal extension E , but with a recessive copy of harlequin (extension japanese, ej) that manages to express itself.

and I only know they carry dilute(d) because their mother Daisy is my squirrel, the blue chinchilla, and visually dilute rabbits(dd) have only dilute to give.

Attachments

• 100_8556.JPG
    100_8556.JPG
    460.8 KB · Views: 988
  • 100_8455.JPG
    100_8455.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 988
  • 100_8553.JPG
    100_8553.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 988
  • 100_8453.JPG
    100_8453.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 988
Zinnia":3g9hjyvo said:
Zass, are their eyes opened yet? Look how big they are and I don't see their eyes opened!

About 1/2 have their eyes open. 5 were born so small I wasn't sure they were going to make it, they were close to a third of normal kit size. Daisy has done wonderfully making sure all 9 are well fed and thriving.
(As expected of first timers in my herd :cool: )

Latest posts

Back