Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are Cali's that are two weeks old today. Cage will be coming out tonight. Eight are doing great and we have one runt that the wife has adopted. He took a turn for the worse today, he must have hung on to mama after feeding and was out of the nest box this morning. Probably have to make a decision on it tomorrow. Don't think it will survive without the box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 765
One day old.... out of Heather (blue doe from Zass) by the Harli buck Zass has. She had 9.
[album]3302[/album]

Lovely !!! :clap2:

To help sort those colors, the parent's genotypes are..

Doe is either a blue self, or a masked gold tipped blue steel
__ Bb Cc dd EsE
Buck is magpie harlequin with a history of throwing chocolate magpies as well.
A_ Bb cchd_ D_ ej_

It's easy to ID chocolate and black based kits right now, but it will take a few days to sort chinchilla from agouti, and full extension from steel. Harli marks are possible on any of them, but not the whole harlequin patten. More like regular chestnut, chinchilla or steel colors with dark brindling mixed in with the regular pattern.
Hard to describe...anyone have a pic of a harlequinized something or other? Dood?

Bandits Bunny Farm, your babies are so nicely organized! :p

Here is my last litter for the season - 7 broken New Zealands!

002_zpswuexne7r.jpg

004_zpsizyh4ddp.jpg

005_zps8je4f9lc.jpg

I love these two brokens!

Here's my very first litter of Holland Lops =D A pile of little Harlequins, mom and dad are both Harle.

They were born on the 20th of this month, here they are at 1 day old, originally there were 8.
rw7636.jpg

Here they are at 9 days old. You can't see them all but I only lost one. leaving 7.
jsmt8j.jpg

This one is my favorite. If I can figure out how to sex them, I may keep this one if it's a doe.
ank1vq.jpg

I'm absolutely in love with these guys, they remind me of puppies and are so much easier to handle than baby mice. (I bred fancy mice for over 18 years, I've had my pair of hollands since February and I can say that I love the rabbits way more than I did the mice)

However o3o. I think I have rabbit fever, I've been toying with the idea of getting another doe over the last week or so.

Wheels":t80woych said:
week old butterballs snoozing on a warm spring day.

Omg.. look at the little teef... <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 am __________ <br /><br />
Phacelia":t80woych said:
Bandits Bunny Farm, your babies are so nicely organized! :p

Here is my last litter for the season - 7 broken New Zealands!

002_zpswuexne7r.jpg

004_zpsizyh4ddp.jpg

005_zps8je4f9lc.jpg

I love these two brokens!

I love the roans!! :)

Guise! Guise look!

We have an eyeball!

12 days old today and that is darn near the cutest thing I've ever seen :pancake:

only one eyeball though xD the other one is still closed. No one elses eyes have started to open yet.
974spz.jpg

All 7 of momma Elvira's babies.
zmzf6d.jpg

Here's a few shots. A partial litter of californians. She had 15, but one was DOA, so we fostered six to two different litters of thriantas.
So, you also get a pic of a couple thriantas sharing their bedroom with three cals.
And a box full of mini lops.

Attachments

• IMAG0846.jpg
    IMAG0846.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 681
  • IMAG0844.jpg
    IMAG0844.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 681
  • IMAG0843.jpg
    IMAG0843.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 681
I haven't been on here in the last week. SO many beautiful bunnies! Loving all the colors.
Congratulations to all.
(Phacelia - loving those oranges! Fireclaws - such adorable harlequins!)

Here is an updated photo of one of our current litters of Mini Lops.
5 weeks old tomorrow. These are from our pet quality.

Violets%2Blitter%2Bon%2Blog%2Bbench%2BJune%2B1%2B2015%2B5%2Bweeks.JPG

Those are gorgeous red thriantas!! Have you determined genders yet?

The mini lops are just... omg... I can't wait for babies!! You have pretty magpies.

I've finally got the chance to take a picture of this litter!! I'm so glad I made the call to breed mt tri buck to my broken chin doe! she threw me some BEAUTIFUL colors!!! even a magpie!! this is the LARGEST litter she's had and kept. she's usually pretty religious about having only 6 but this time there is 9!!

spamn__more_buns_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d8vr1sj.jpg

Okay! Here are my other kits that I have at the moment! The first picture is of my FA doe with her litter of pure FA kits; only 4 but I'm pretty happy with this litter: 2 choco agouti, 1 choco, and 1 chestnut agouti.

The next 2 are from two different does in my colony. The second litter is from a sable squirrel doe and a choco chinchilla buck and the last is from a choco chin buck and a black tort doe.

and_more_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d8vr5pq.jpg

Oh my. So much cuteness and such great colours.
The red broken NZ are gorgeous!

This is our first litter, out of our Flemish (likely cross, so our Flemish-ish) doe and two dads (as bred by her previous owner).
We got three fawns with a lot of blue undertones and 7 harle marked to various degrees.
Five days:
day5.jpg

Three Weeks (not sure what breed the giant one in blue is?!)
ro.jpg

Speedwell at 6 weeks (she is staying):
speedy.jpg
Speedy last night with *those ears* :p
speedy1.jpg

And 7.5 weeks last night:
lapfull.jpg

Just waiting on the same doe to kindle and see what we get with our pb light grey FG.
Hoping for some proper colours to put us back on track (although I'll see how the harle does grow out)..

My pics are older but I will sniffle my way through the popple drought on this thread! ;)

__________ Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:18 am __________

mutt litter

<br /><br /> __________ Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:33 am __________ <br /><br /> dutch mutt litter

Red Megan (broken NZR) kindled last night before I got home!! First time doe, six months old, had 10!! No DOAs. Good girl!!

There are a few mostly solids with blazes, a few whites with nice saddle markings, one all white except for a line of pattern down it's spine, and a couple solidly 50/50 white and red markings.

Attachments

• June 3 MegML1 (19)a.jpg
    June 3 MegML1 (19)a.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,001
  • June 3 MegML1 (18)a.jpg
    June 3 MegML1 (18)a.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 1,001
I can't wait to see how the broken red NZs turn out!!

Clover had her litter tonight-- 7 all born alive and wiggling!
She is mostly FG with a harle gene and site is my light grey FG buck, Bigwig.
Her second, his first.

I'm guessing 6 chestnuts (most likely with the parent genotypes)-- they look black but have pink agouti bellies (and a couple are pink across the back of the neck...?! That should be interesting!) and the 7th is solid black (yay!! I hope it makes it... It was cool when I checked them, so I nested it in deep in the pile).

image.jpg
image.jpg

Congrats on the babies!!!!!!!!!!!! They're so cute!!!

__________ Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:12 pm __________

Here are some more, taken today, June 5th.

Attachments

• June 5 Popples (14).jpg
    June 5 Popples (14).jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 965
  • June 5 Popples (26).jpg
    June 5 Popples (26).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 965
  • June 5 Popples (24)a.jpg
    June 5 Popples (24)a.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 965

Latest posts

Back