Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, this is the litter of my Black Fury, 13 days old. 9 left, 2 didn't make it.

Their weight troubles me, the brown one has 110g, one of the blacks 146g, the others between 170 and 190g. So four of them will miss a meal tonight, I fear I would get too attached if I start handfeeding the runts :oops:, let's see if they get full bellys today.

Preitler

Attachments

• Schwarze Wurf 5-12 Mai 2015.JPG
    Schwarze Wurf 5-12 Mai 2015.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 799
Casco, our third and last first time doe, kindled this morning. Didn't pull any fur ahead of time but pulled plenty either just before or just after they were born and actually had them in the nest box (The other two both kindled on the wire) She had 9--now just hope she can feed them and keep them all alive. Looking back I realize that Alna, who lost her whole first litter in the cold of March and then 7 of 11 the next time, went off her feed not just before kindling but for a bit after. Wasn't eating nor drinking well for a few crucial days. Casco, on the other hand, didn't really lose her appetite, just a bit of a slow-down on the hot days at the end of her pregnancy.
Anyway, here's Casco's first litter--just a few hours old.

Attachments

• IMG_8657.jpg
    IMG_8657.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 778
Butterball's litter they are 4 days in this :D I was told once before they were NZ's after thinking they were Standard Chin's I had a friend who breeds Chins and NZ's come and look at them and she told me they are not Standard chins but NZ's the white coloring is to frequent for it to be Chins plus one of my babies looks to be black which kinda made it more probable for them to be NZ's. This is Butterball's first litter there is 5 I thought there was 6 but I must've miscounted. Or maybe there is six and I can't find one in the nest lol
May 13, 2015 5-04-11 PM.jpg

I agree that your rabbits probably do have some new zealand in them Buttons, since it's so common in meat crosses. They could be some kind of chinchilla and NZ mix. One of the adults looks like he has some lop in him too?

Either way, the babies are precious :)

Alright so it would have been quicker/easier if I took a group photo but I didn't. :D
Here is a litter of 6 Mini Lop kits that just turned 2 weeks old. The kits from this sire and dam we sell as pets. They are so sweet & the colors are fun.
2%2Bweeks%2Bbutterball.jpg

2%2Bweeks%2BPepper.jpg

2%2Bweeks%2Bspice.jpg

2%2Bweeks%2Bsmudge.jpg

2%2Bweeks%2Bpumpkin.jpg

2%2Bweeks%2BPatches.jpg

Of the 6, two are showable, won't know if they are show quality or not for a few months.
Are they from your pedigreed stock?

Here is what I was basing that off of, unless I am mistaken,
Rabbit one is a harliquin
Rabbit two isn't at least 10% color
Rabbit three is ok
Rabbit four looks like another harlequin (or however you spell it)
Rabbit five might be ok
Rabbit six no butterfly on the nose.

DBA":2lwvda6n said:
Of the 6, two are showable, won't know if they are show quality or not for a few months.
Are they from your pedigreed stock?

Here is what I was basing that off of, unless I am mistaken,
Rabbit one is a harliquin
Rabbit two isn't at least 10% color
Rabbit three is ok
Rabbit four looks like another harlequin (or however you spell it)
Rabbit five might be ok
Rabbit six no butterfly on the nose.

DBA you needn't worry, these are not rabbits we sell for show! These are our pet line. I actually have more buyers (even with my other rabbits that are pedigreed & showable) that buy for a family pet. These I have found sell easily because of the different color options and each litter from this sire and dam have had excellent temperament.

ButtonsPalace":1joo64eq said:
Butterball's litter they are 4 days in this :D I was told once before they were NZ's after thinking they were Standard Chin's I had a friend who breeds Chins and NZ's come and look at them and she told me they are not Standard chins but NZ's the white coloring is to frequent for it to be Chins plus one of my babies looks to be black which kinda made it more probable for them to be NZ's. This is Butterball's first litter there is 5 I thought there was 6 but I must've miscounted. Or maybe there is six and I can't find one in the nest lol

The babies look like little Butterballs themselves. Cute, healthy looking kits! As for what breed they are... didn't we talk about the adults not being purebred? You cannot get purebred kits from mixed breed parents, or from purebred parents if they are not both the same breed. Congrats on the litter though.

It has definitely been a while since I had the chance to get on here and read all the posts. :oops: I did however get a pleasant surprise when I went out to the rabbitry this morning. Misia kindled 8 beautiful popples for me. Looks like a bunch of blues and lynx in this litter.

Misia X Stewpot 5.18.15.jpgMisia X Stewpot 5.18.15 (2).jpg

Mini Lop Kit photos taken today - 3 weeks old tomorrow.
These are ones we sell as pet quality.

Momma Violet with her 6 and two she is fostering all snuggling.
She seems to have fully embraced motherhood (thankfully) with this litter.
Violet%2Bcuddling%2Bwith%2Bher%2B6%2Band%2Bfostered%2B2%2BMay%2B2015.jpg

Patches%2BViolets%2Blitter%2B3%2Bweeks%2Bold%2Bbunny%2Bkisses.jpg

3%2Bof%2BViolets%2B6%2BKits%2B3%2Bweeks%2BMay%2B2015.jpg

Blue%2BFawn%2BHarlequin%2B3%2Bweeks%2BMay%2B2015.jpg

Harli kits above, and look closely, coturnix quail below. :D

GEDC5139.JPG

__________ Tue May 19, 2015 5:38 pm __________

Although not even close to correct, I just love how the nose and lips alternate.
GEDC5089.JPG

Messy markings, but each and every kit has the doe's gentle looking face.
GEDC5063.JPG

SO.... I go back to work and everyone here seems to have been working on litters. LOL

Gorgeous babies!

Zass, I love the Harlis... correct or not, they're very cool looking. I'd like a Harlequin Vlop.... yeah, I know.. never happening, but it would be soooo cute.

Latest posts

Back