Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, DaytonHill! What a beautiful bunch of blacks!! Those pink spots will disappear as the fur grows in on their heads. (My buck throws litters that are 1/2 black, so that's how I know.) It looks like the one baby with the pink inside ears is a self ... hmmm, can't recall. I know it doesn't carry the steel gene!! I've learned that much from being on here!!

What state are you posting from?

I am actually in Nova Scotia, Canada :D and I'm sorry, but you've lost me with the "self" (is that meaning all one solid color?). I'm super excited to see the differences in the colors as they grow... hopefully I get more color in my next litters! Haha

Well not all self based rabbits are 1 color because the torts are self and many of the shaded like sable are self with tan bodies and dark points. Self, tan, and agouti are pattern genes. Agouti makes your chestnut, opal, lynx, red, fawn... Aside for many reds which have a special gene an agouti has a light belly, inside the ears, around the eyes, and bands of different color on each hair shaft. Tan gene makes your otters and martens with tan pattern markings similar to agouti but no bands to the individual hairs in the coat. These are black otter, blue otter, chocolate otter, lilac otter, sable marten, and silver marten. Plus other less recognized combinations. Self makes each hair shaft all one color (there can be different colored hairs but each one is a single color) and does not have the white or tan markings of the other genes. So all basic black, blue, chocolate, lilac. Plus sables except martens and torts. All rabbits are one of those 3.

Popples :D :bunnyhop:

Last Wednesday my black doe had a litter of 11, 2 of them didn't make it, 9 is still very much, but they do ok.

Attachments

• Schwarze Wurf 5.jpg
    Schwarze Wurf 5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 880
One week old Mini Lops - Litter of 6. Loving the variety of colors in this litter.

One%2Bweek%2Bold%2Bwhole%2Blitter.jpg

One%2Bweek%2Bold%2Ba.jpg

One%2Bweek%2Bold%2Bb.jpg

Zass":t54397cq said:
Licking me. Licking each other...

I love smoochy bunnies!! Too cute and the colors are so cool. <br /><br /> __________ Sun May 10, 2015 8:46 am __________ <br /><br /> Congrats, tbgb!

Cut Ear's daughter D-2 (also spelled Deetoo) :lol: Presented us with 10 little wigglers last night. It's about time, this is day 34 since she was bred and I had about given up on her but I recall that last time, her first, she ran a little late as well. No whites this time.

Attachments

• D-2 litter of 10-2.jpg
    D-2 litter of 10-2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 856
Well, you're definitely doing something right, Joe! 10 kits, and they look nice, shiny, and plump. I think Cut Ear has some good mojo that she is passing on...

The one on the very top of the pile looks like a whole hunkin' lot of bunny, compared to the rest. Or is it just camera angle making it look bigger?

Probably just the way it's spread out atop the others but I didn't really notice any differences they all were wiggling and peeing all over my vest. :lol:

My kits are a week old today! So sweet and beautiful. I actually have people fighting over these kits already haha... guess it's a good thing I've got two other litters due on Saturday? :roll: Didn't think I'd be able to sell all the kits without even advertising. 4 were sold the minute I posted their newborn pic on my FaceBook, but I realize they aren't sold until they're 6-8 weeks and picked up! Having so much fun with my bunnies now, I'm on the search for more cages and having my old "baby barn" redone to house bunnies since my horse barn is jam packed enough with just the 2 dog kennels and 2 cages I have in there currently. Here's a pic of the little cuties from day 5... I'd say Momma knows what she's doing! :bunnyhop:

Attachments

• 11063757_10153030927087928_8083845293304698763_n.jpg
    11063757_10153030927087928_8083845293304698763_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 831

Latest posts

Back