Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akane":1zxafaaw said:
I got an interesting litter. lilac ermine doe x silver marten buck. I didn't think the buck was carrying any recessives but I can't explain this rainbow litter.

They should all be chd chd. There's 2 with no color, one with very light color, and what looks like a blue and a black chinchilla or a silver marten and blue silver marten. :-? I can't wait for them to grow fur.

Wow, Akane, I can't wait either!

__________ Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:53 pm __________

jeannie":1zxafaaw said:
My 2 pound lil lady had 5 kits! She's the tort in my avatar. One day old picture.

Cute! :love: Are they dilute? I haven't had too many torts of my own yet (so I might not be right),or maybe it's because they are so young, but their color looks very soft.

Cute! :love: Are they dilute? I haven't had too many torts of my own yet (so I might not be right),or maybe it's because they are so young, but their color looks very soft.

Zass,
At this point, I am confused about how they turned out (color wise). The dam is a tort: aaB_CchlDdee, the sire is a sable point: aaB_cchl_Ddee

I was expecting torts, but with what looks like all sable points ~~ I have to go back over my genetic sheets :( see if I boo-boo'd somewhere.
Going to be interesting to see them in a week from now.

jeannie":1cwolbyo said:

Zass,
At this point, I am confused about how they turned out (color wise). The dam is a tort: aaB_CchlDdee, the sire is a sable point: aaB_cchl_Ddee

I was expecting torts, but with what looks like all sable points ~~ I have to go back over my genetic sheets :( see if I boo-boo'd somewhere.
Going to be interesting to see them in a week from now.

Oh OK, sable points...:oops: Yeah, I'm still no good at ID for those too. :p

I thought they looked like sables and not torts. Could just be odd luck. Not every litter follows the genetic probability. You get ones that are all a recessive color sometimes.

Alright, I had to share this too. I only have 6 make it from that litter. Two died shortly after being born, and another was found behind the nestbox, it possibly was chilled. Poor little thing.

That gives me 7 and 6 kits from this doe so far. Disappointing for the bloodline, but she displays good mothering. Builds a good nest, pulls plenty of hair, has the kits where she is supposed to, and is friendly with me throughout the whole process.

Anyway, it's the size of the 6 remaining kits that has me kinda surprised.

The smallest kit was 9 oz, and the largest was about 11 oz, at 11or maybe 12 days old?

Seems plump to me, for kits who's eyes are just beginning to open.

I think this doe could nurse much larger litters.
Well, if she keeps up this trend, I'll have my perfect foster doe!

GEDC9685.JPG
The black numbers in the white circle are reading grams, the white numbers in the black circle are reading lbs and oz.

Attachments

• GEDC9656.JPG
    GEDC9656.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 2,838
Kits I had like that would get really fat easily as adults. I started cutting off their free feeding shortly after weaning if I wanted to keep them for breeding. For meat it wouldn't matter.

akane":15e12nbm said:
Kits I had like that would get really fat easily as adults. I started cutting off their free feeding shortly after weaning if I wanted to keep them for breeding. For meat it wouldn't matter.

Thanks for the tip.
No keepers here (probably), I mostly just wanted to see what the buck was made of.
But I think your right, some of my other really fast growing rabbits have done so on strictly limited feed. It might just be something in the lines.

It's the slow growing rabbits that pack on fat that I want nothing to do with.

My favorite part of new born baby bunnies is when they're still smaller than the palm of your hand, but have all their fur & their ears are so small & adorable !! :pancake:

The one that looked blue has darkened but doesn't quite match the definite black. The one with light color now looks possibly chocolate. 1 of the pinks is silver but it's hard to see on camera and one has remained white. Ermines? For color genetic purposes I wish I'd kept the buck but he was a nasty rabbit that drew blood on me multiple times so I really should not breed more from him. I'm hoping for some nice tempered does of useful color.

One of my does I'm pretty sure she's pregnant, as she's getting heavier, teats pronounced, and she totally refused my buck last night (growling at him), and she's due 10/1. I did feel 1 kit when I palpated her but I hope she has more than one.

My other doe I don't think so, unfortunately.

akane":3pygemud said:
The one that looked blue has darkened but doesn't quite match the definite black. The one with light color now looks possibly chocolate. 1 of the pinks is silver but it's hard to see on camera and one has remained white. Ermines? For color genetic purposes I wish I'd kept the buck but he was a nasty rabbit that drew blood on me multiple times so I really should not breed more from him. I'm hoping for some nice tempered does of useful color.

I was actually thinking chocolate from the pic you posted a few days ago. I can see the silvery color your talking about too. This is a really neat litter!

Wonder if I actually got black, blue, chocolate, and lilac chinchillas plus an ermine of some type. That would be impressive for one litter from a buck that has only thrown silver martens with everything. In his great grandparents there is 1 blue otter and 2 blue torts. Otherwise it's silver marten and black chin all the way through. No sign of chocolate. Very random litter.

*sigh* no popples here for a long while unfortunately ): but this weekend or next i will be goin to check out a few mutt does and some free does from a small stead lady who has to move and sell out. So fingers crossed not too terribly long until more popples here!

ohiogoatgirl":3nyh06jk said:
*sigh* no popples here for a long while unfortunately ): but this weekend or next i will be goin to check out a few mutt does and some free does from a small stead lady who has to move and sell out. So fingers crossed not too terribly long until more popples here!

You will have a whole herd again before you know it! :p

An update on my latest litter- all eleven are doing fine at three weeks. Weights range from 4.9 to 9.5 ounces. The smallest is one of the most active.

A new pic:

image.php

Marinea":am1y13zx said:
An update on my latest litter- all eleven are doing fine at three weeks. Weights range from 4.9 to 9.5 ounces. The smallest is one of the most active.

Those kits are too precious!!!! It's a nice picture. Nice lighting, high snuggle factor, and a good environment for young bunnies. :love: Are those strawberry leaves for nibbling?

Latest posts

Back