Wife verses Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John W

Reaction score
My wife has chickens so I decided to try raising rabbits. The thing is ..she is getting very attached to my rabbits and they like her better than they do me. Anyone ever had the problem?

:lol:

You could try to get on her hens' good side..... :twisted:

But yes, it is not uncommon for rabbits (even a whole barnful) to prefer one person over another. Hopefully, they'll warm up to you.

My rabbits love me. Because I am the Magical Transport Being who Fills Empty Dishes with Pellets. ;)

Bribe them with snacks. ;) A single stale crouton, a few extra BOSS and an alfalfa cube later, and I have won over the enduring affections of my new Mini Rex buck, LOL!!!!

Kyle@theHeathertoft":3bj706f8 said:
A single stale crouton, a few extra BOSS and an alfalfa cube later, and I have won over the enduring affections of my new Mini Rex buck, LOL!!!!
Boy, he was a cheap sell! :lol:

John, this is the perfect set-up for enabling your rabbitosis-- and to infect the wife with same!
Permit her the chickens, take an interest in them, she does the same with rabbits, then BANG!!!TWO afflictions, shared by both- make for a happy marriage :pancake:

Treats treats treats! Chickens LOVE mealworms ;) Then her chickens will love you more and she will have to devote more attention to them than the rabbits....or just use the rabbit affection to engage her help with the work and lighten your load!

Welcome John!

And I have to say, I'm not seeing the problem here...

"So, honey, do you think we could get a couple more rabbits?"

"John, you know those rabbits love me and I love them. Of COURSE we can get some more"

(then of course, you bribe them to make sure they like you too )

:lol: Giggle giggle! Sounds like you and your wife are well on your way to having a rabbit addiction!

(trying to be sympathetic, but failing) My significant other does not like my rabbits and I can't figure out why, exactly....all his reasons just sound like excuses to me.....(if it comes down to spouse vs. rabbits in this house, I suggest he not make it a contest)....

You, on the other hand, seem to have your wife firmly at your side in your livestock adventure. Enjoy the companionship.

Thanks for all the great advice. My wife and I really do enjoy our critters. We have fun doing projects together and yes, it does make for a happy marriage. Say a prayer for me that I can warm up to her chickens like she has to my bunnies, especially to her rotten rooster who attacks me every chance he gets. Oh yea.. will post pics soon.

John- if you want the chickens to be your pals, think treats! Bribe them- some bread, some sunflower seeds, some tomatoes, something.

Men are not the only ones who are "gotten to" through their stomachs :p

Back