What type of angora is this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she is still available next week I will hopefully be getting her and will post more pictures and her weight. :)

whatever the mix, I like the one with the furry face....they should make for good woolers...check to see if they have mats under their chins and front arm pits. It's the first place they show up, and in the rump area. If they are mat free, snatch up them buns and run.....

They are mixed breed. French don't have face trimmings at all, and the wool is not satinized in those pictures. They are probably french/english mix. Also giants don't come in that color.

I would confirm that they certainly don't look like SA. But some could be in there, as satinized fur is recessive. Mixing angoras is pretty popular, since spinners are always looking for different wool types. There's a ton of dabbling that goes on and it's not really a big deal unless you show them. If you want to show or breed for pets, I would pass, especially since I guess there is no pedigree. Mixed angora pets aren't worth as much as pure. They'd probably be a ton of fun, though. Possibly good starter 'goras.

Back