What type of angora is this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoodleBun

Reaction score
Someone on craigslist has some angora does for sale but the lady does not know what breed of angora they are. She said they should mature out to be larger than a new Zealand but not as big as a Flemish giant. Does anyone know what kind they are? I was considering getting the sable.

Attachments

• 5Lc5G45J23F13I23Lcca700b626acf2841b23.jpg
    5Lc5G45J23F13I23Lcca700b626acf2841b23.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 848
I thought a mix of giant and something also. She has the parents but she rescued them from someone and they didn't know what they were either. I just think the sable is adorable so would get her just for a pet lol.

Definitely would make a perfect pet. I found out with long haired rabbits, the grooming, though needed for health reason (wool block) is also a great way to bond with your pet. Have Lion heads and they enjoy, as do I, that time. Very relaxing for all.

I think they are all adorable. Good Luck. I'm immensely enjoying my Pet Rabbits.

Karen

Forgot to add they are 3 months old. I asked for pictures of the parents. I have a male lionhead I am hoping to get neutered soon so if I get her maybe they could be friends. :D

The reason I said Giant is because they said they are bigger than NZ's. Do French grow that big to be bigger than that?

So after fighting with my computer for awhile I finally got the pictures of the parents to save. Here they are. Thoughts?

Attachments

• sun.JPG
    sun.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 782
  • dolly.JPG
    dolly.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 782
tm_bunnyloft":b3740d12 said:
The reason I said Giant is because they said they are bigger than NZ's. Do French grow that big to be bigger than that?

French are 8-10 pounds

__________ Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:03 pm __________

They don't look very French to me, but that may be because they are a mix. They look like they have English and something else.<br /><br />__________ Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 pm __________<br /><br />Maybe just the ear tassels are throwing me. How much do they weigh now?

Back