Stuffy noises?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medlefang

Reaction score
My bunnie sounds like he has a stuffy nose but i bought him 2 days ago. He is a netherland dwarf. He seemed fine when i got him but... He had diarrhea the next day... I fixed that but his nose is stuffy i just wanna make sure its not snuffles of a bad rabbit sickness. I dont hear the noise my mom does so if anyone may have the same problem but know the answer PLEASE ANSWER.

:bunnyhop:

-medlefang

Is this your only rabbit? If not, you will want to keep him away from any others just in case it turns out to be something contagious.

Sometimes rabbits have allergies, same as people. Perfume, aftershave, air fresheners, cleaning substances, tobacco smoke and many other substances can trigger sneezing in a healthy rabbit. Think about what may have triggered his sneezing and see if eliminating it helps.

You rabbit sounds to me as though he is stressed from going to a new home. Make sure his surroundings are peaceful and that he is eating and drinking well. It is okay to pet him a little, but don't handle him too much until he settles in.

Good luck! Hope to hear that he is okay in a few days.

Just want to add to Maggie's reply that covering the rabbit's cage with a blanket (maybe all of the cage but the front) can help a bunny overcome stress. After a week or two, you can start removing the blanket one side at a time. :)

You can take a look at the rabbit's nose and front paws. A rabbit with allergies might have clear discharge around the nose. A sick rabbit might have a white or green discharge around the nose, and the insides of the front legs may be matted from the rabbit trying to clean its face.

Hope your bun is just a little stressed, and feels better shortly! :clover:

He Is feeling a little better today (i guess) he has not made the noise for a day... He has been in quarantine from day 1 to make sure he was not sick. :bunnyhop:

Back