So, what do we think of the new layout?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet":qawe66jz said:
The length or content of sigs wasn't really my gripe. Its the ~6-8 blank lines of text that's showing up in the sig box .... even for those who have short sigs , yours & mine being one liners with no links or other clutter have a large gap in the text ... Maybe its a setting on my end ?

That is determined by the height of the user information on the left, username, avatar, and everything below it. On short posts there must be a gap so that the information can be shown on the left. It's always been that way.

MamaSheepdog":qawe66jz said:
Where is the birthday announcement section?

In the footer, on the index. Looking into it...

MidnightCoder":3vp9lsbo said:
That is determined by the height of the user information on the left, username, avatar, and everything below it. On short posts there must be a gap so that the information can be shown on the left. It's always been that way.

I see that now .... makes sense. My old eyes will adjust to the changes & in a few days , wont notice the difference.

Thanks again.

MamaSheepdog":3juby2xi said:
bobqdevon":3juby2xi said:
One other thing I found, when making a post, if someone has responded in the ~minute it takes to type my response it won't let me submit my post until I review the post that was made.

That has always been the case for me. Maybe it has to do with the browser you use? I have Firefox.
It's always been that way for me, too. :shrug:

There have been a couple of occasions in which the thread was moving so quickly, I had to click multiple times to get my post to go through, but it's been only a couple. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm __________ <br /><br /> I am not having any issues with the theme colors or anything, and I love the look!!!

I do agree that alternating post colors was helpful.

I also agree that grey on grey on grey is not ideal.

I think that all type should be default black or some very dark color, rather than grey. Default grey type can be found in the stats below avatars, signatures, inactive input fields, and quotes -- where it is sometimes dark grey type on medium grey background. I have very good vision, and don't have a problem with it, but even I would find it easier to read if the type was darker.

Definitely not emergencies, and I think you already said tweaks like these would be considered after the move. :)

MC, you've really outdone yourself! I think it's marvelous! :bouncy: Since you're considering an alternate higher-contrast theme down the road, perhaps you could take a poll, geared toward those who would be most likely to use it, to see what scheme might work out the best.

>>> About easily finding threads again that you were interested in... at the bottom of each thread, there are "subscribe" and "bookmark" links. Bookmarked pages can be found in User Control Panel>Manage Bookmarks. I don't know if there's another way to access bookmarks. Subscriptions are in the UCP as well. Subscribing will mean you get notification of each new post to the thread.

I believe that some of the profile info needs to be updated by users. I just checked mine and had to add my country flag and set the "show birthday in announcement" to "yes" again.

I love the flag counter on the board index, MC! Hopefully everyone will add their nation's flag on their profiles!

I like the flag counter, too! :p

Oh -- I just realized I have to go change it again. I put my flag in on the test site, but of course that didn't carry over! :wr_dance1:

And the waving flags! So festive! :p

You need your flag too, Miss M!

:gettowork:

Already done! :tease:

Another option some might not know about: turning off signatures. You can set it so signatures do not show at all. It's in the User Control Panel. :)

I have to say, it's starting to grow on me! It definitely is fresh and stands out a step above other rabbit forums i've viewed.

I have a couple more minor suggestions, after using it for a couple of days:

I think a horizontal rule between the post header and the beginning of the post body would help the eye locate the beginning of the post more easily. The spacing is such that they kind-of run together.

Other thing... I think all "Submit" buttons should be the right-most button. It is in different places on different screens, and sometimes I click something else when I mean to hit Submit. I think it was the same way on the old theme, and it bugged me equally there. :)

Galadriel notes that the signature was always at the bottom of the post box in the old theme, even on very short posts. She'd like to see that again.

On the home page, some of the text has been merging together:

Screenshot 2014-01-20 at 1.57.39 PM.png

I tried reloading, but it didn't do anything.
I use Chrome, if that has to do with it :)

Could anyone having this issue please try clearing your browser cache, and then reloading the page? I can't duplicate the issue in any browser on either of my computers, so it's very difficult to troubleshoot.

Ninja edit: Are any of you having this issue using plugins, addons or programs that restrict javascript? NoScript would be a prime example, but there are others...

I like the new layout. Thanks for your hard work, MC!

I especially like the pop-up button navigation, but I'm sure I'll find other gems in here as I explore.

I'm really glad to see the rolling new post thingy is there. I use it a lot.

Good job to our webby! :)

When you scroll over the name of someone who posted in a thread to send a PM some of the options overlap each other. I have tried cleaning my cache and the problem still occurs. I use Firefox.

Latest posts

Back