Since I can't show this buck....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Point Rabbitry

Reaction score
....cause he's a Harlequin Holland Lop, what are some pros/cons from him? Please and thank you! I like him, he's got the best personality in the rabbitry!

Attachments

• _DSC7646.jpg
    _DSC7646.jpg
    42.9 KB
  • _DSC7660.jpg
    _DSC7660.jpg
    43.7 KB
  • _DSC7641.jpg
    _DSC7641.jpg
    42.5 KB
CochinBrahmaLover":1drt1iff said:
Could you get him posed with his back feet pushed back an inch or so? Underneath his knees?

Will try! I never taught him to pose when he was young, so he doesn't have the hang of it, and doesn't really like it when I try with him, hehe :D <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:27 pm __________ <br /><br />
HOWsMom":1drt1iff said:
CanadianWinter":1drt1iff said:
Thanks! :D

He's staying :) I love him and he adds really nice bone to my other lines.

If you change your mind . . . . .

Will keep that in mind ;)

Also can you get a pic of his head face on?

He looks to have good width on his face. His ear carriage could be better, closer to his eyes. Looks slipped. Good bone. Can't tell much for his conformation but taking in account his feet it looks like it'd be good.

The biggest thing I don't like about him is his crown. I would prefer his ears be thicker & furrier, but otherwise they're a good length.

Here's a better side picture of him. I don't have a straight-on head shot of him. but here's one that shows it a bit.

Yeah, his crown/ears aren't very good.

__________ Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:35 pm __________

And that is where his feet stay when he sits, can't get him to move them back :)

Attachments

• P1170751.jpg
    P1170751.jpg
    60 KB
he's a pretty boy..... he'd improve my herd. :) But then again, I just bought a tricolour buck that I'm hoping will do that trick for me. :)

what do I think of him.

ears are long, crown looks "off", but he looks tidy ... is he as small as I think he is? looks to be about 3-3.5.

I don't think his ears are too long. Perhaps try and breed for shorter ones, but I'd be happy with that length.

The crown is the biggest issue.

His conformation looks good. His back looks chopped off but that could just be his feet.
When you're looking head on, can you see his ears? If you can't, he has wonderful width.

ladysown":ve9ffryk said:
he's a pretty boy..... he'd improve my herd. :) But then again, I just bought a tricolour buck that I'm hoping will do that trick for me. :)

what do I think of him.

ears are long, crown looks "off", but he looks tidy ... is he as small as I think he is? looks to be about 3-3.5.

His sons are good too ;) Where are you?

Yup, he's really small. Handy for first time does and big does that I want smaller kits from. I think he's around 3lbs...I'll have to check though.

__________ Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:22 am __________

CochinBrahmaLover":ve9ffryk said:
I don't think his ears are too long. Perhaps try and breed for shorter ones, but I'd be happy with that length.

The crown is the biggest issue.

His conformation looks good. His back looks chopped off but that could just be his feet.
When you're looking head on, can you see his ears? If you can't, he has wonderful width.

When looking head on, I can see his ears, but not his eyes. Here's a picture.

And Ladysown, he weighs 3lbs now.

Attachments

• P1170756.jpg
    P1170756.jpg
    30.6 KB
HOWsMom":3plrxsqi said:
Have any of his offspring had markings like his ?

Yes, I have gotten several japanese harlequins from him, and a tri color buck. That was bred to a broken black tort doe.

I have him bred to a broken tort doe that has a small black spot on her ear. Half sister to him as well. So we'll see what I get from that!

Latest posts

Back