screen names

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago I was planning a bicycle trip and joined a couple bicycle related forums. Bikegirl was taken, so I used a u instead of the i... Since then, my life is no longer quite as bike-centered, but I still do love to ride, and the name is easy to remember. :)
I kept a blog before, during, and after my brother's and my 'big' trip....if anyone is interested... http://cyclingintotheunknown.blogspot.com/

It's a nickname I picked up when working in a warehouse that bought and sold textbooks. This guy on my line was called "Chilly" and he gave out the names. I was "wheels" Because no matter the drama or BS I was able to roll with it... at least that's what Chilly told me ;)

Well, mine is just a completly made up name I have been using for a very long time on the internet, started that after chats with a woman - and some jealous phone calls from her tunesian friend, cured me from using my real name...

So I use this name for about 15 years now, got used to it.
I also used the robots name from THGTTG, but that was ruined when the movie came out...

My name/handle comes from the fact that early on
I got very involved with breeding Otter Satin Rabbits.
I though of many other names, but they might have not been acceptable
in such a mixed company. Ottersatin just seemed to be a good fit at the time!
I might want to change to something more or a Tropical fish nature somewhere down the line.
I got back into T.F. after many years as a youngster breeding and Raising them.
When I moved upstate Rabbits took their place!
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Wheels":3q807crm said:
It's a nickname I picked up when working in a warehouse that bought and sold textbooks. This guy on my line was called "Chilly" and he gave out the names. I was "wheels" Because no matter the drama or BS I was able to roll with it... at least that's what Chilly told me ;)
:lol: My mom worked with a guy called "Wheels" who was called that because he was wheelchair-bound. He was a good programmer.

Every barn needs an ambassador. I had one that I'd just open his hutch when we were out there and let him do his thing. That hutch was low (18") and he'd let himself out, make the rounds to get a pat on the head from everyone then when he was done inspecting things he'd put himself back in his hutch. Everyone that saw the routine would ask, "how did you train that rabbit to do that"? I didn't, he trained me to leave the door open to his hutch when he was out. lol I think he was just making the rounds looking to see if anybody had a treat for him. :mrgreen: Wasn't worth a plug nickel for showing but he earned his keep another way. That was Homer. RIP

I'm coyotejoe on every site I use. I've written numerous magazine articles and a small book of poetry under that name. It comes from a time I tried to make a living trapping coyotes in Colorado. I'm a lot like Wiley Coyote, always outsmarting myself.

Well, Easy Ears is the name of my rabbitry....sooo that makes sense. :)
I'm not really sure why I chose Easy Ears....I was thinking of a lot of other names: Bouncing bunnies, happy hopperz, Darting Dutch (although when I started I had Dutch, I wanted a neutral name because I wanted to keep it open for other breeds. :mrgreen: Which I've since added Holland lops to my herd. :love: ) Anyway, I looked up every name I considered online before I chose, and every name but Easy Ears was taken, and I wanted my rabbitry name a unique one (that hadn't been used), so I stuck with it. :) I also believe it was the first one I came up with in the beginning....it's growing on me. :lol:

Back