screen names

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee... mine is so dull! :( My name is Maggie and the J is the first letter of my middle name, which is Jean.

When we were kids, Grandpa named the boats at the cottage for us. The canoe was the Brian-Steve for my brothers. The big old rowboat (our "pirate ship") was the Maggie-Ruth for my younger sister and me. The little sailboat was the Mary-J for my youngest sister, Mary Joan. I kind of liked the way it sounded... so when it came to choosing a username for the forums, I borrowed the idea. :)

I began adopting neglected lizards in 2004. That year my sons school got an iguana as a mascot... it was VERY neglected and missunderstood. Poor Iggy. Half the school didn't like him, and noone knew how to take care of him or was interested in learning about him.
I started taking it home, it got the care it needed on long weekends and holidays, and the chance to be cage free for a while.
That's how I became Iggysbabysitter. The kids called me that... their moms refered to me as the lizard lady.

Ha! Iggysbabysitter, I can see why you went with the kids' name for you rather than the other mothers'! 6rivers, you live in a pretty part of the world. My husband is an NLU (now ULM) grad, and speaks fondly of his time on the Ouachita River. When we first met, he asked me to try pronouncing it and laughed and laughed at my mangled guesses. According to him, I still don't say it exactly right...

Well, I'm a super creative individual. Also? I was excited my first name hadn't been taken, that never happens.

I generally have to use my middle name since there are so many "Ann"s in many of the groups I belong to ... even if they are AnnA, we get cornfused with each other :lol:

I named my rabbitry "Country Claire's Rabbits" as I live in a small town and wanted to use a more memorable name than Ann :D

On here I'm just "Peach" but it is reference to my rabbitry name, Georgia Peach Rabbitry. I'm originally from Florida, but I love Georgia so much. I'm a slow pace person and after a trip to Atlanta or out of state, I have fun but I look forward to coming home to the easy going parts of GA. I guess my personality resembles a peach too. :) Plus...I love Peaches!

Grumpy- Your tackle and bait shop is so cool! I'm a big fishing person in my family. Always have a rod in my trunk. :p If I'm not catching them, I'm usually the one cleaning and cooking them! The one thing I must admit....I have never EVER caught a single fish with a lure. Only live bait. I don't know what it is! I guess I'm just talented that way :lol:

I'm always being accused of starting something, spending money and not staying with it by my wife. At any rate, my screen name is kind of a takeoff on that. Just one more hobby, passion, etc.... Honey..... Please.. Once again, precious person she is, she relented and here I am, breeding and showing Tans in Black, Blue and Chocolate.

Peach, I was just in Decatur, Ga last week for a training class with work. If you get a chance and are down that way. Try the Raging Burrito. Awesome food. It's in downtown Decatur by the transit station.

HoneyTree":3cphi1vr said:
Ha! Iggysbabysitter, I can see why you went with the kids' name for you rather than the other mothers'! 6rivers, you live in a pretty part of the world. My husband is an NLU (now ULM) grad, and speaks fondly of his time on the Ouachita River. When we first met, he asked me to try pronouncing it and laughed and laughed at my mangled guesses. According to him, I still don't say it exactly right...

Yea lots of people have trouble with that one. Something about those Native American pronunciations throws people off. We pronounce it "wash it awe" :)

__________ Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 am __________

grumpy":3cphi1vr said:
Here's a pic of part of the inside. I took the two big bucks in the middle, ten days apart. One with my bow...and the other with my rifle. Both made Missouri Big Bucks. The archery buck, the one on the right, qualified for Pope and Young. I got them both right out behind the barn.

Nice bucks Grumpy. I took the biggest buck of my life with my bow in January. He was a 5 1/2 year old public land buck. Not nearly as big as those boys you got there though.

6riversfarms":1d7ck0r1 said:
Ouachita...We pronounce it "wash it awe"
I would have tried "watch it awe", so, not far off! :)<br /><br />__________ Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 pm __________<br /><br />
toastedoat37":1d7ck0r1 said:
Well Toastedoat sounds better than ,Crackedwheat? and Adonis was already taken?
:lol:

Mine is Japanese (had a minor obsession with japan since I was a small child) and means little lily which is rather cute (and love it even more as oriental lilies are my favourite flowers) started using it 5 years ago just after I named my first cat it and use it everywhere :p

Love hearing about how people came up with their screen names ^^ it's nice to hear the story behind them ^^

Saiyuri":335kpr4x said:
Mine is Japanese (had a minor obsession with japan since I was a small child) and means little lily which is rather cute (and love it even more as oriental lilies are my favourite flowers) started using it 5 years ago just after I named my first cat it and use it everywhere :p

Love hearing about how people came up with their screen names ^^ it's nice to hear the story behind them ^^

Love Shogun too?

I havent heard of it before :p a quick google looks interesting although depends what shogun your on about :p

Alot of people think I chose the name from Memoirs of a Geisha, but I saw that a couple of years later (plus much prefered the book to the film ^^ but without the film I never would have got the book)

Saiyuri":2ttt01nk said:
I havent heard of it before :p a quick google looks interesting although depends what shogun your on about :p

Alot of people think I chose the name from Memoirs of a Geisha, but I saw that a couple of years later (plus much prefered the book to the film ^^ but without the film I never would have got the book)

I am a huge James Clavell reader, and he has a series of books about the orient. Noble House, Shogun, Taipan, Whirlwind, The Rat King. Shogun is an epic movie with Richard Chamberlain, (the original Bourne identity). I believe the full 8hr or more maxi series from NBC is on youtube. Talk about ancient Japanese culture. It just fuels my fascination with all things Asian.

skysthelimit":1z02qjio said:
I am a huge James Clavell reader, and he has a series of books about the orient. Noble House, Shogun, Taipan, Whirlwind, The Rat King. Shogun is an epic movie with Richard Chamberlain, (the original Bourne identity). I believe the full 8hr or more maxi series from NBC is on youtube. Talk about ancient Japanese culture. It just fuels my fascination with all things Asian.

Thought so, before my time although definatly looks like something I would love ^^ Will give it a go when I find some time ^^ thanks ^^

I'm bumping this up for our new members- anyone care to share how they came up with their usernames? :p

don't think i've contributed to this one...
I'm Sterling Satin because my rabbitry is Sterling Satins Rabbitry. My dad came up with that one, full credit goes to him. we were brainstorming when i first started, and he decided that sterling silver and satins were both shiny, hence Sterling Satins. he also made the point that including a precious metal in the name made them sound more valuable :p lol

When I joined I could not think of a name. I was in a hurry to find out what was going on with Lulu. I really thought she was carrying dead babies and wondered if she would absorb them, deliver dead ones or have to have a C-section. Somebody had told me that since they were brother and sister that they would be deformed and be born dead, so I did not really think I would be posting on this board or have baby rabbits to raise. Since the rabbits are for manure for my garden, I chose Garden Lady. I want to start raising worms, so maybe I should be Worm Lady.

Back