Refurbishing the Rabbitry (and why NOT to use Bass J-clips)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":3rd5yr9a said:
Wanted: more linear feet for rabbits. Will pay top dollar. :)

If you only have one tier, why do you use them at all? I don't have any under my bottom tier- I just rake it out with the center pile.

I don't on my outdoor setup. I use it on my setup in the shed. The floor is cement and there is no easy way to just rake/shovel it out. I had originally planned to have more than one level on my outdoor setup, but I find it so easy to just let the poop "fall where it may." :lol:

I knew there had to be a good reason! I like the idea of one tier- a little less work that way. I can see myself starting another rabbit area with the best of intentions to KISS (Keep It Simple Silly) and stay with one tier, only to add a second tier later! :lol:

I want want want a single-tier rabbitry! :razz:

I opted for bi-level, so the rabbitry would fall below the size at which a permit would have been needed. :ninja:

Miss M":3l66e6a9 said:
I want want want a single-tier rabbitry! :razz:

I opted for bi-level, so the rabbitry would fall below the size at which a permit would have been needed. :ninja:

Us too! :ninja: 10' x 12' is max size for a shed w/out a permit. I have my eye on an area that was slated to have more raised beds... it is so nice and flat <swoon!>... it is near the existing Bunnybarn too! :mrgreen:

Mine is somewhat similar in design but since I really dislike urine splash I run plastic sheeting over my and up the back about 8 inches or so. I REALLY don't like urine guards as i find they promote hutch burn so I put the plastic splash guard outside the cages. Keeps everything SO much cleaner. I replace it once a year. Cheaper to replace the plastic then to cut and buy new coroplast.

Latest posts

Back