Record Keeping Software

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I've seen mention of a few programs for pedigrees and record keeping.
I guess Kintraks is the big one, I've seen The Global Pedigree Project mentioned...

Does anyone use software that keeps track of everything.. expenses, income and rabbit stats?

Syberchick70":1oow28n6 said:
I've seen mention of a few programs for pedigrees and record keeping.
I guess Kintraks is the big one, I've seen The Global Pedigree Project mentioned...

Does anyone use software that keeps track of everything.. expenses, income and rabbit stats?

I use Kintraks , just started using it in the last couple months , I really like it.

It keeps track of income & expenses , breedings , due dates , all kinds of things , its also fairly customizable , will generate a pedigree up to 9 generations deep and is ..... FREE (up to 100 animals).

My only complaint was that I had to enter all the information manually for every rabbit on the pedigrees.

What you want is Evans soft ware.
It is the one that the majority of Show breeders have.
I would not be without it! Dave Evans is very good at,
and always available should you run into the slightest problem.
I don't know what I would do without my Evans Software!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ottersatin":1by4bay1 said:
What you want is Evans soft ware.
It is the one that the majority of Show breeders have.
I would not be without it! Dave Evans is very good at,
and always available should you run into the slightest problem.
I don't know what I would do without my Evans Software!

:yeahthat:

He is a super nice fellow, and the updates (if you wish to by them) are very affordable. :)

I'm downloading the Evans demo. Sounds really good.
I also have the Kintraks free version to play around with. :)

I use both the Evans and Global Pedigree. They both have pros and cons. If I were to only use one I'd absolutely choose Evans. Very user friendly and efficient. Pedigrees are easy to print and select what you want on them.
The nice thing about Global is that it has so much data already in it. Many of the rabbits in your pedigrees will already be there; often back much farther than the pedigree itself shows

I've been tweaking around with the Evans demo. It seems... eh...
For one thing, I don't see any option to input expenses. I haven't seen an option to pull up a rabbit from your database to put into the pedigree (I'm sure it's there, just not sure how that works). The way it handles breeds seems a bit clunky. I'm not sure about it yet. :/

I've tried kintracks. The native linux version does not work in 64bit Ubuntu. However, the windows version works in wine. It seemed nice enough. It was easy to enter rabbits into a pedigree after you had created the rabbit and you could enter custom pedigree stuff. I did have a problem entering images and getting them to show up on the pedigree but I didn't spend a bunch of time trying to figure it all out.

I think I'm going to try the globalpedigree website and see how I like it.

I ordered the Bunny Trails software.
I don't know why the Evans software wasn't working correctly for me. It looked like a really good program and I was upset that Bunnt Trails doesn't offer a demo :roll: BUT, I have to say that I really appreciate how easy it is to use. It's very intuitive. I miss the nice genetics stuff that Evans promised me... Bunny Trails doesn't do that and for $60, I feel it's a bit overpriced, but it works.

I've now using global pedigree and really like it. It allowed you to enter genotypes for colors and has a calendar to keep track of everything. You create a litter by breeding a buck and a doe and it automatically creates calendar events for palpating, adding the nest box etc. Plus you can track litter weights. The only thing it lacks is expenses.

I use Evans for everything but expenses and income, but I really like it! Love that I can print show entries and comment card labels!!

For financial info, we use a free online bookkeeping site called "Freshbooks". We tweaked it a little for our use. For instance, you can only list one client, and since we don't send invoices, I just use our own rabbitry name as the client, then put the buyer's name in the notes. One thing I do like about it is the option to track time. It is meant to track billable hours for client work, but the kids are supposed to keep track of their time for 4-H. This program would make it easy to do that - if they would only use it! LOL! Oh, and there is an app for it as well.

Latest posts

Back