Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the picture with Aqua's kits, how the silver is coming in on that forehead. I'm sure you've said this elsewhere but this thread is very long. What breeds are you keeping?
Oh, that's just shine! šŸ˜…

Can kinda see silvering in these pics. Nothing like the silvering on some if Darkie's kits!
Screenshot_20240423_201316_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240423_201548_Video Player.jpg

Silver Fox & Rex.
Not mini.

$275 in the green. 75 in bun sales. But minus 40 in new water cups.

Currently $310 in the green.

Feed truck still hasn't shown up. Ugh. Down to the last 100#. Sheep have eaten all of the available greens.
Gigi & Gold leaving.
20240426_104223.jpg

For fks sake! Why is ordering feed so difficult?? Ugh. Called 5 times over 3 days. Friday truck. Not arrived yet. We'll call you. No answer. Morning call and 32 "in stock."
Get there, 2. Two in stock...
Maybe next truck will have it.
šŸ¤¬

$310 in the green. 2 bags of feed. It was on sale. 33$

Currently $277 in the green.

Got 3 more bowls installed.
20240427_120835.jpg20240427_120823.jpg20240427_120821.jpg

Color of these two are so similar, gotta recheck to see who is who, because one is heavier, about half a pound, and one has to go.

Opal? doe. 4.87
YynxƗBaymax 16wks
Seems to have better loin, but much lighter weight. Or are they the same? And the blue doe, same weight as the heavier one, but a week older. Also the same? Do I cull the Vickie line out as well as one of the Yynx does? Or! Do I get rid of all 3 and only keep Quincy??
this is so hard!!
GridArt_20240427_140753514.jpg

Lynx doe 5.40
YynxƗBaymax 16wks
GridArt_20240427_140714307.jpg

Blue doe 5.40
VickieƗBaymax 17wks
GridArt_20240427_140539352.jpg
RustyƗCinder. 21wks
GridArt_20240427_140436042.jpg
FrecklesƗCinder 21wks
GridArt_20240427_140355594.jpg

Quincy 4.94
QuinƗBaymax 16wks
GridArt_20240427_140247782.jpg

Blue SF buck. 6.50

For fks sake! Why is ordering feed so difficult?? Ugh. Called 5 times over 3 days. Friday truck. Not arrived yet. We'll call you. No answer. Morning call and 32 "in stock."
Get there, 2. Two in stock...
Maybe next truck will have it.
šŸ¤¬

$310 in the green. 2 bags of feed. It was on sale. 33$

Currently $277 in the green.

Got 3 more bowls installed.
View attachment 41249View attachment 41250View attachment 41251
oh no! Did you drive an hour just for 2 bags? ouch

Started clearing out the corner of the carport addition to move the rabbits there. Hopefully, permanently!
Sugar kits kicked out of their nest.
Ebony got a nest.
Jessi gets a nest tomorrow.
Gonna be annoying to move them all now...ugh.
I think I need to order a bit of tubing before moving them. Not sure I'll be able to reuse the current tubing to reach the new setup.

Edit.
I see I've ordered two 50ft rolls of tubing. How could I of used it all?? I'll search the barn before ordering again. šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

So gross. So many are leaking until pans are overflowing! Such a disgusting mess.
20240501_145517.jpg
Completely full to the edge and over!
20240501_140115.jpg
New cup leaking...
20240501_140112.jpg

Moved some over, but not without bloodshed, cursing and getting covered in crap. šŸ¤¢
Got them on the little blue bin for water.
Ebony seems big, she better kit or she's getting culled. I need to get rid of more adults! 23 is way too many!
20240501_144916.jpg
Jessi working in her nest in shifts, too hot to get it done in one go!
20240501_145526.jpg
Baymax eating his cup.....
20240501_145458.jpg
Sugar kits gendered. Hopefully a better doe is among them than the 2 older ones!
20240501_145429.jpg

I take it, the plastic cups aren't working out? They looked neat, sorry they didn't work.

One of the new ones installed so far is leaking. Rest are okay. 2 of the old metal ones are leaking a lot. Both are a pain to take apart and clean, new is worse, though.
Been trying to clean the algae out of the tubing, but golly it's slow going...

One of the new ones installed so far is leaking. Rest are okay. 2 of the old metal ones are leaking a lot. Both are a pain to take apart and clean, new is worse, though.
Those orange cups look like what I ordered to start out because ads said they could be used for both rabbits and quail. Tried screwing onto buckets for colony and covey. Never did get them to stop leaking. Then went to wide mouth gallons with holes drilled near top, flipped upside down into baking pans. Those worked well and were easy to fill and switch out. I now use those metal double wall bird waterers for everyone. One in each family group or grow out pen. Easy to clean and fill. My 3 gallon size last 1-3 days depending on how many rabbits currently in residence. Funny I had been given some large plastic ones. Thought I'd never use something that big so gave away. Then later went and bought 4

I know it may be an expense but I have had luck keeping algae down by using colored water lines. Mine are blue, and the reservoir is a series of 55gallon blue drums. I was lucky to get the box of blue tubing for free from someone...Maybe there is a way you can block light to the system without having to replace everything? Tape on the lines, and paint the reservoir if needed?

Those orange cups look like what I ordered to start out because ads said they could be used for both rabbits and quail. Tried screwing onto buckets for colony and covey. Never did get them to stop leaking. Then went to wide mouth gallons with holes drilled near top, flipped upside down into baking pans. Those worked well and were easy to fill and switch out. I now use those metal double wall bird waterers for everyone. One in each family group or grow out pen. Easy to clean and fill. My 3 gallon size last 1-3 days depending on how many rabbits currently in residence. Funny I had been given some large plastic ones. Thought I'd never use something that big so gave away. Then later went and bought 4

They're not leaking from the screw thing, they're wrapped in plumbers tape and a clamp on. The inner rubber stopper doesn't seem to be sealing.

Are you talking about chicken waterers or?
I've been thinking of changing to bowls, but I'd need to eliminate all shake n wobble of floors. They spill a lot that way and need to be at the rear of cages, as they stand in them, flicking water out. šŸ™„

Latest posts

Back