Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that you keep your financial notes on here. I'm an accountant, and this kind of financial literacy is badly lacking in most of the general population - simple tracking of sales, costs and where net profit is sitting, especially in small farming businesses / hobby businesses. You're an example to all of us in not only successfully breeding good rabbits and keeping them well but also in treating it as a serious side hustle 👏🏻

I love that you keep your financial notes on here. I'm an accountant, and this kind of financial literacy is badly lacking in most of the general population - simple tracking of sales, costs and where net profit is sitting, especially in small farming businesses / hobby businesses. You're an example to all of us in not only successfully breeding good rabbits and keeping them well but also in treating it as a serious side hustle 👏🏻

😅
Thanks.
But I'm terrible at it. I sure try, though.

I really need to start doing it for my sheep, zebu & pet ponies.
The sheep, for the most part, I keep rough estimates. Usually, the cash sales alone (and rest of payment after paypal deposits) end up enough for hay for all. With that, I know I at least broke even. Then, anything in the bank through PayPal & check (deposits) goes to vaccines, related supplies & hard feed. Then, occasionally, I use it for fencing supplies, the 2 creep panels and other equipment I've gotten specifically for the sheep.
Though, the sheep also pay for what the horses & now the cattle, need. Like hoof nippers, fly masks, boots, halters, so on.
But things are changing, and now I'm down sizing the flock...
Yep, definitely need to start keeping track of them, too. Thanks!

Culling everyone in the cull cage today or tomorrow. Should help with the feed bill a little.

Put out rat poison a couple of days ago. All gone now, hope it gets rid of them. Feed seemed to go away a bit too quickly and then suddenly, lots of rat droppings were found. Ugh. Gross.
Sucks not having a barn cat around, but pointless when they all get run over eventually.

3 more bucks went into freezer yesterday.

Nests went in for 3 first timers.

Next week, I have 6 due for nests.

The following week, Zero's next chance after her fiasco.

Ordered 4 more nest baskets awhile ago. Will line them and get them ready to go. Is it enough nests? Idk, will have to go counting! Lol

3 more bucks went into freezer yesterday.

Nests went in for 3 first timers.

Next week, I have 6 due for nests.

The following week, Zero's next chance after her fiasco.

Ordered 4 more nest baskets awhile ago. Will line them and get them ready to go. Is it enough nests? Idk, will have to go counting! Lol
I butchered out my last 5 fryers saturday. I pieced them out and canned everything but the arms. We call those wabbit wings and i prepare them just like Buffalo chicken wings.

14 pints of meat for the cupboard!

I have one doe due to kindle friday. Her last litter was 13. I have another due too, but i believe she aborted during the stress of the move to the new barn. She was a first timer...she has a nest just in case!

14's kits
Looks like there's 2 for sure culls.

The favorite, black otter buck.
Screenshot_20230901_132407_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230901_132504_Video Player.jpg
A cull. An otter or? Hmmm
Screenshot_20230901_132902_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230901_131958_Video Player.jpg
A blue cull.
Screenshot_20230901_133934_Video Player.jpg
Probably a cull.
Screenshot_20230901_133947_Video Player.jpg
Possible keeper.
Screenshot_20230901_133852_Video Player.jpg
Not sure on this one.
Screenshot_20230901_132737_Video Player.jpg

Latest posts

Back