Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the rest of the dead kits.

Removed most of the hay/fur from all nests, too hot for it.
One litter was funny about it. Saw them trying to climb out to cool down. So I put them on the cage while removing nesting material and they all instantly relaxed and went back to sleep. So cute. Didn't have my phone with me.

Moved the broken tort buck into a cage in the barn. Culled 2 buns, moved choc sf buck into barn to watch him molting out. Outside crate the two were in was a pain to get into to feed.

Added nipples to that cage I put in 5 keepers into. They hate bottles, refused to use them. But nipples leak so bad when they press it. Gotta be a better nip out there.

Didn't want to cull over the weekend, so I culled 4 biggest ones this morning and put them in the freezer.

Noticed that some, or maybe a lot of them, pelletize their feed in the stomach and not in the intestines!
I've always read that the colon is where things get their shape, but that doesn't seem to be completely true. None had obstructions, all normal all the way through. So, not backed up poop into the stomach.
I haven't been fasting them recently, since I'm not planning the culls out. 2 were normal, but the rest all had soft balls! Tried to get it on video, but the last 2 had loose feed in the stomach, like usual, instead.
Has anyone else noticed this??

Decided to weigh out feed. Gotta start seriously limiting the bucks and dry does. No more full scoop.
It'll be easier to remember with it marked out.
Seems like the bucks change often. Recently, they're only getting 6oz, but food left behind. I'll drop it to 4oz and see how it goes. Same with adjusting what does get and hopefully end up saving a few pennies in the end.
20230727_170207.jpg

White ears is actually a steel!
Got a bunch of steels and black otters this go around!
20230731_173246.jpg20230731_173252.jpg

Rewrote the birth announcements & then got weights for all out of nests, except for Blanket's kits. It was a hot mess before, no space to add anything, couldn't read anything, ugh. Lol
20230731_181054.jpg20230731_181044.jpg20230731_181105.jpg20230731_181100.jpg20230731_182425.jpg

Put 4 nipples on some more stackers.
20230802_105247.jpg

Then swapped cages with Kitty & her daughter and the lilac sf/rex buck. He was bothering the doe with him, so I moved her over with the other does. He didn't need all of that space at that point, when the pair needed it more.
20230802_104217.jpg

What's the difference between a nipple and a bottle?
Nipples are connected through tubing to a large central vat of water. Bottles are individual to the cage. With nipples you can just re-fill 1 container and water 50+ rabbits rather than each cage one at a time.

Nipples are connected through tubing to a large central vat of water. Bottles are individual to the cage. With nipples you can just re-fill 1 container and water 50+ rabbits rather than each cage one at a time.
Alright, thank you

Well, didn't want to feed them, so spent an hour culling 10 of them. No more outside buns. 5 in the barn cull cage left to freeze another day.

Very cute helper, but he ends up looking like an 🪓 murderer by the end. Loves being right under...🤦🏽‍♀️
I toss guts over to his pen, but as soon as he's done, he's back under, waiting intently. He doesn't try to steal, so I let him be in the way.

And the poo balls in the stomach. Most of these had them.
Screenshot_20230803_140240_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140303_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140331_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140352_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140403_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140427_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140501_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230803_140524_Video Player.jpg

Didn't want to cull over the weekend, so I culled 4 biggest ones this morning and put them in the freezer.

Noticed that some, or maybe a lot of them, pelletize their feed in the stomach and not in the intestines!
I've always read that the colon is where things get their shape, but that doesn't seem to be completely true. None had obstructions, all normal all the way through. So, not backed up poop into the stomach.
I haven't been fasting them recently, since I'm not planning the culls out. 2 were normal, but the rest all had soft balls! Tried to get it on video, but the last 2 had loose feed in the stomach, like usual, instead.
Has anyone else noticed this??
never seen that. the only place I see poo is in the poo tube

Latest posts

Back