Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ate the tags on their cage...so, gotta dig up who they are...lol.
View attachment 36378

hmm.
Looks like the reg fur choc doe is Choco×Lilacotter. But one of the blacks had rex type fur, and 2 kits were fostered to Blackie. So, that one is Choco's.
The reg fur black ones are Blackie kits. Buck is heaviest, but already kept so many, going to go with shape to decide instead & cull 2 of them.

Named a few moms & added tags for kits. Finished the divider.
Culled one blk growout & seared for the dogs later tonight.
Tattoo kit arrived. Going to test it out tomorrow morning!

I think 1 is missing. × is culled or about to be. A lot (11!) are sired by 3-5, so he's being culled.
Then need names of the Blu & Amber older kits I'll keep.

Name, breed, parents.
Does
11, sf
14, sf
×45, sf
×Grumpy, sf
Lynx, rex
Amber, rex
Speckle, sf/nz/r, 11×nz/r
×Onyx, sf, 14×3-5
×Blackie, sf/nz/r, Grumpy×nz/r
×Blu, rex/nz/r, Lynx×nz/r
Choco, sf, 45×3-5
Speedy, sf, 11×3-5
Kitty, rex/nz/r, Amber×nz/r
Unity, sf/rex, Amber×3-5
Meanie, sf, 45×3-5
Freckles, sf/nz/r, 11×nz/r
Darkie/2ndspeedy, sf, 14×3-5
Blanket, sf/nz/r, Speckle×3-5
Zero, sf, Onyx×3-5

Bucks
×3-5, sf
Baymax/lilacotter, rex
Rivian/new sf, sf
Tortie, sf, Grumpy×3-5
Swirl, sf/nz/r, Speckle×3-5
Cinder, sf, 11×3-5

Last edited:
Black one had her kits. Didn't use the nest, but tried to make a nest in the corner. Pulled a tiny bit if fur.
4 lost, 6 live.
20230718_093357.jpg20230718_093349.jpg20230718_092726.jpg20230718_092204.jpg

And 11, so grumpy.
20230718_100901.jpg
20230718_100858.jpg

Blanket kits are doing well, no pics to not bother mom.

The water cups drained completely, again! Happened a few days ago, too. One kept over filling, so I moved the tube to a nipple instead. So annoying!

And found a U beam to support the 2hole. Need to cut off the excess.
20230718_171402.jpg

Added legs to the 4hole. Need to cut some wood for the middle rear leg.
20230718_171350.jpg

Got the 6th leg on & the support wire trimmed on the other!
20230718_202601.jpg

Having to take a trip to Poland next year. Which means I'll have to cull out a lot of rabbits & have DH take care of the farm. Poop pans would be too much trouble, but now, I'll have about 16 holes directly over dirt, so he won't have to do anything except feed/water. See? The crazy has a purpose! Lol. I'll have to make sure to not have any expecting does & no kits in nests.
There'll be so much work for him. Indoor dog n cat have automatic feed, dog has pet door, cat has autotoilet, so, no problem there.
3 outside dogs to feed separately. Chickens to feed n water, collect eggs. They'll stay locked up during the week, as that'll be safest. Horses to keep an eye on n potentially put out hay for. They'll have a huge track, so shouldn't need anything extra. I'll have to open up a few pastures together to let the cattle use them n keep an eye on water. And the same for the sheep, as he cannot rotate them all weekly. Dangerous with the bull, they can be stubborn about moving. And there's tons of sheep to count n make sure they all move. Indoor fish, just a feed cube every few days. Outdoor koi, he already occasionally likes to feed them, so it'll be fine. I'll deep clean them before leaving. Selling the last of the cavies, so that won't be a worry. And I don't want him opening gates & forgetting about closing them. Lastly, making sure hot wire is still hot.
I think that's it. Lol
So yeah, don't want him fighting pooptrays every 3 days on top of it all!

SF buck 3-5 was culled this morning.

Looking over buns.

Darkie's 3 kits, was 2 bucks and a doe, but it looks like both black are does. One has decent shape so far. Other black doe will be culled. Idk if I'll keep the tort buck or not...lol.

Of the 4 black in the grow out pen, I'll keep the best shaped, other 3 will be culled.

Of the 3 in the shelf cage, they're previous culls.

Charlie kit will be culled. Broken sis kept.

Then the 3 smallest in Freckles' litter will be culled.

Same with Lynx's litter of 8, 4-6 will be culled.

Chocolate buck, litter brother of tort, will be culled. Fur is crap right now. Will give him a little time to see if he'll molt out soon or not.

Need to go back and see which of the adult does were previously on the cull list. I think it was one of the chocolates & Freckles. So, they'll be culled soon, too.

18 to 20 are slated for culling.

Last edited:
So...who is left?

19 buns in individual cages.
Then some rex in growout pen. I think it was the 2 broken blue sisters, choc otter buck, blue doe, reg fur mutt choc otter doe & brother lilac. 🤔 That's 6 more, one of the brokens has to go.
8 to 10 kits to watch from a few different litters, from previous post above.
🫠
About 32 to 34.

But, some of the grow outs have to be compared to the same parings previously and cull the slower growing ones. So, hopefully less than that....🫣

Feed is not in stock. Waiting on it to arrive to go get 20-30 bags. 😭

Last edited:
Okay. Moved stuff around & ended up putting the 3 in cull cage, but then didn't need to in the end, bc they're too old to join with any other buns, lol.

Then, I put all other culls in the outdoor growout pen. But the choc buck stayed in the outdoor crate, again, too old to join others w/o fighting. Total of 17 culls to get through.

Moved keepers into the big 2hole I just got. The Choco×lilacotterrex buck, amber/lilacotterrex doe, blue & brnk Blu opal rex does & the Blackie kit doe.

3 in small cull cage.
20230719_171506.jpg

13 in the big cull cage.
20230719_171605.jpg20230719_171610.jpg

The 5 keepers.
20230719_171453.jpg

14, Amber & Rusty had their kits.
6 for 14, 10 each for Amber & Rusty.
Amber had them on the wire, in a poorly made nest, but fur pulled. Idk wtf is happening with these buns...

Amber
20230721_084654.jpgScreenshot_20230721_093858_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20230721_093836_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20230721_094010_Video Player.jpg

Rusty
Screenshot_20230721_093937_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
Back