Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, why the yellow dot over the red dot? red seems to be more of the "desired shape". My guess is that the total height from ground to top of shoulders appears to be greater on yellow than on red.

I'm trying to learn and watching these threads is very informative.

Oh no, that's a bad idea. I'm just plowing through my way & sort of following standards. 😅 Probably not the best idea to try n learn from me.

The dots are about weight.
These 🤬 rex are horribly slow growers, so i need to speed them up. That's my main goal, get weight to speed up!

Red is smallest. Green is heaviest. Yellow is in between.
Didn't code the shape because you can see that. Can't see weight as obviously. Though, it is listed in each pic.

Last edited:
I'd keep the two broken blue does with the yellow and red dots. If I had to choose between them I'd pick the yellow dot broken blue doe. All the rest with the high point too far forward or poor shoulders would go.
Need to keep an amber kit as well.

3 pics each added.

Idk, what do we think with all of the pics?
I think I need to redo all pics and make sure they're all scrunched up, huh?
Big dots are shape based this time.
Screenshot_20230614_180451_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230614_180925_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230614_180553_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230614_180947_Gallery.jpg

Oh no, that's a bad idea. I'm just plowing through my way & sort of following standards. 😅 Probably not the best idea to try n learn from me.
Lol, I'm thinking about getting rabbits in the next few years and was actually thinking about when I get the cages up and ready to go, if you're still breeding and selling culls getting a trio from you to start with. I do have a dream breeder I want rabbits from eventually but, while they are totally worth the price, $85 each plus around $100 each for transport is a lot when I could make a dumb mistake and accidentally kill one or more. I would rather have more local and less crazy priced ones to start with. I could drive to you... I'm not driving to Vermont for rabbits...

Last edited:
Choco had 11! One of which doa.
Removed some fur & mess as well. Hot, muggy out, kits not licked dry. So, I'll check them tomorrow, bc fur was stuck to them & don't want any tangled kits like the other doe.
Screenshot_20230616_142103_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230616_142130_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20230616_142147_Video Player.jpg

45 feeling better still.
The non-blurry pics from her bouncing around.
20230616_133527.jpg20230616_133528.jpg20230616_133533.jpg

Lol, I'm thinking about getting rabbits in the next few years and was actually thinking about when I get the cages up and ready to go, if you're still breeding and selling culls getting a trio from you to start with. I do have a dream breeder I want rabbits from eventually but, while they are totally worth the price, $85 each plus around $100 each for transport is a lot when I could make a dumb mistake and accidentally kill one or more. I would rather have more local and less crazy priced ones to start with. I could drive to you... I'm not driving to Vermont for rabbits...

I've seen rabbits go for 600-800 and I'm like, it could die as soon as I put it in the carrier! No thanks.

If all else fails, you may end up buying me out if I end up calling it quits again. 😅

Oh god, is that their leg?
That's awful
Yeah. They "dogpile" to sleep in that spot and somehow, he got his toes hooked back up on the wire and was stuck. Cut through skin and some muscle all the way around. Swollen, stiff foot.
He ran right to the food when I set him back down to figure out how to cull such a tiny critter w/o messing it up. Let him fill up on food first.
Haven't had this issue before. Other than all new flooring of some other type or keeping a bare nest for them to use, idk how'd you prevent it. They have a wood board and the plastic bunny board, but only the mom uses those.

I've seen rabbits go for 600-800 and I'm like, it could die as soon as I put it in the carrier! No thanks.

If all else fails, you may end up buying me out if I end up calling it quits again. 😅
Yeah... her stock is amazing and she really knows her rabbits so hers are worth that, but I know losses are to be expected when starting out with a new species.... so I would rather have less valuable animals to start with and learn with, then when I get hers I already have a routine.

Fml. Poor guy I had to cull this morning.
View attachment 36172View attachment 36173
I saw this poor guy on FB this morning, didn't notice he was yours. Poor little dude.

Black Jan7 SF doe had 6 kits this morning, 3 didn't make it. Had to breed Amber, 14 & a chocolate doe, so I forgot to get pics.

Did get pics of Choco's kits. Runt is more fed this morning and staying on top of the others.
20230619_110052.jpg

Well!
It sure did RAIN!
It came down hard & heavy!
Carport additions to barn flooded. Barn gutters ripped off, flooding the old barn. Icy rain, so I put on a big down coat. It was completely sopping wet after putting boards up to hold gutter somewhat in place to reduce further flooding.
Should of brought some soap out with me! Good grief!
Wind blew so hard it wet everything on the center raised walkway in the barn as well, as in, the rabbits!
The rabbits in the carport additions were completely soaked! 45 was wet, too, but lambs blocked most of it. Such chaos!!
Plus a lot more unrelated to rabbits.
FML
What a day....We need rain, but c'mon. Wtf was that, nature??

the icy rain is the geoengineered crap they are doing to us. do you see chem trails alot there? I'm in central Illinois and I see chem trails every day. we haven't had rain so am praying God will intervene.
I'd like to know what the new pellets are they won't eat. hang in there, hopefully it will all work out.

Latest posts

Back