new "rare" rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CochinBrahmaLover":xujewth3 said:
I've emailed the seller (seems like a new thing to people: not you guys, but Ive seen this SAME ad posted like 3-4 times now, no one bothered to ask the seller themselves) and the rabbit jumped in their punch bowl, filled with kool aid. It was just a joke to post it as a rare pink rabbit,
I'm on the list in case no one wants it. I don't think anyone will, so I do intend on bringing him home, just not for $100. If I do ill tell you how he looks in terms of health. I honestly think these are people who just happened to get a pet rabbit without enough information, so now rehoming him. So far, everyone I've seen ask about this rabbit has made the owner sound like a horrible person.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't think the owner is a horrible person, I just wish they hadn't posted it as a "rare pink rabbit", even as a joke, simply because someone out there will either start dyeing their rabbits to sell them as fancy "rare" colours, or someone will buy it thinking it is pink and special.

Although the jumping in the punch bowl does excuse them for the horrible dye job... Next time they should use a paint brush and food colouring, you get it in more evenly.

Bad Habit":phr4jtiv said:
CochinBrahmaLover":phr4jtiv said:
I've emailed the seller (seems like a new thing to people: not you guys, but Ive seen this SAME ad posted like 3-4 times now, no one bothered to ask the seller themselves) and the rabbit jumped in their punch bowl, filled with kool aid. It was just a joke to post it as a rare pink rabbit,
I'm on the list in case no one wants it. I don't think anyone will, so I do intend on bringing him home, just not for $100. If I do ill tell you how he looks in terms of health. I honestly think these are people who just happened to get a pet rabbit without enough information, so now rehoming him. So far, everyone I've seen ask about this rabbit has made the owner sound like a horrible person.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't think the owner is a horrible person, I just wish they hadn't posted it as a "rare pink rabbit", even as a joke, simply because someone out there will either start dyeing their rabbits to sell them as fancy "rare" colours, or someone will buy it thinking it is pink and special.

Although the jumping in the punch bowl does excuse them for the horrible dye job... Next time they should use a paint brush and food colouring, you get it in more evenly.
Ah, I see. Well some of the other comments on facebook happen to be much more abrasive it seems... Such as, "People like these shouldn't own pets" and such. Around here (fairbanks, Alaska, where it originated) are pretty sensible, and I don't expect them to list 'rare' rabbits, though I can see people in other places doing it. But then again... There's a lot of weird people here.. Lol!

You know, you just taught me how to dye my pigeons. Lol. Or rabbits! See, I want to dye my rabbits now for the heck of it.
Whatcha think? Half red, half green? Red, green stripes? Poka dots? I want a Christmas theme, kinda like your ferret, who is ADORABLE btw.

I don't have a problem with dyeing animals. It can be done relatively easily and without impacting the animal beyond being painted with food coloring. I do have a problem with advertising a rabbit that jumped in a punch bowl as a "rare pink rabbit". It looked like they were serious, and they could have snowed someone out of $100.

CochinBrahmaLover":2x8kerqn said:
So far, everyone I've seen ask about this rabbit has made the owner sound like a horrible person.
Miss M":2x8kerqn said:
I do have a problem with advertising a rabbit that jumped in a punch bowl as a "rare pink rabbit". It looked like they were serious, and they could have snowed someone out of $100.
:yeahthat:

Remember the "rare" Albino Cottontails :lol:
post131498.html?hilit=Craigslist%20Rare#p131498

Miss M":1eyivz7l said:
I don't have a problem with dying animals.

:eek: Miss M! :eek:

You, you...

MONSTER!

They can just keel right over, for all you care, eh? Shocking, just shocking...

Or, umm, did you mean dyeing? :twisted:

MamaSheepdog":3gholoxv said:
Miss M":3gholoxv said:

You, you...

MONSTER!

:lol: Maybe both? :roll:

MamaSheepdog":17nlj9uk said:
Miss M":17nlj9uk said:

You, you...

MONSTER!

GAH!!! I can't believe I didn't catch that! Now, isn't that embarrassing?!? :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Zab":17nlj9uk said:
:lol: Maybe both? :roll:
:rotfl: You are so mean! :lol:

Miss M":3e3kcvvp said:
GAH!!! I can't believe I didn't catch that! Now, isn't that embarrassing?!? :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

I almost used my Moderator Super Powers to edit it for you, thereby saving you the shame. :angel:

But then my :twisted: evil side :twisted: took over, and I couldn't resist :pokeeye:

I'll admit that I constantly get confused by some words.. die, dye is pretty clear but then the whole dying parts happen! Lay and lie also confuse me.. I know hens lay egg and some peoople lie.. but is it lie down? Or lay down? Or do you lie yourself down and lay keys down..? :O Lie, laid, lay, lied...agh..

Thank goodness for swedish. we don't have any such evil spellings and .. oh, right.

But the annoying part is I never get sure of some words and some spellings no matter how many times I read them :lol:

Thank you :) But I'm still upset about making the same mistakes over and over again :lol:

Actually I think that having english as a second language helps on some parts. Like Their, they're, there... I don't think of the sound but of the swedish word = Deras, de är, där (borta).. and then it's quite easy to tell them apart. (quite - ganska/relativt... quiet - tyst) But some just doesn't stick. :)

MamaSheepdog":3j07g9qg said:
Miss M":3j07g9qg said:

I almost used my Moderator Super Powers to edit it for you, thereby saving you the shame. :angel:

But then my :twisted: evil side :twisted: took over, and I couldn't resist :pokeeye:
Mmm-hmm. Your evil side. I have a long memory, you know. :twisted:

Zab":3j07g9qg said:
I'll admit that I constantly get confused by some words.. die, dye is pretty clear but then the whole dying parts happen! Lay and lie also confuse me.. I know hens lay egg and some peoople lie.. but is it lie down? Or lay down? Or do you lie yourself down and lay keys down..? :O Lie, laid, lay, lied...agh..
I actually used to have trouble with this one myself. Then I read yes, you lie down, but you lay something else down. Lie is something you do yourself, or what you tell your child to do... Lay is what you do to inanimate objects. You lay your keys down, lay your book on the table, etc. you lie down and go to sleep.

But here's the kicker: Lay is also the past tense of lie. So I need to lie down, and I lay down two hours ago.

Then, of course, there's the fact that lie is a homograph... The completely different word "lie", spelled the same way, means to speak something that is not true.

Mom tells me that Russian is worse. She took Russian.

MaggieJ":3j07g9qg said:
Never mind, Miss M. I pride myself on my written English, but yesterday I wrote one when I meant won. I caught it a few seconds later, but I can't believe I did that!!! :x
:lol: you know, I have noticed myself doing that more lately. Must be getting old.

MaggieJ":3j07g9qg said:
Zab, your English as a second language is better than many people for whom it is their first language.
So true!

Miss M":1webvhak said:
Mmm-hmm. Your evil side.

You wouldn't perchance be implying that that is my only side, now would you? Dominant at times, I will admit... but I do have a good side too, you know. Seldom seen, but there. Really! :p

I have a long memory, you know. :twisted:

Ruh-roh. :eek:

I sense some :chair: :bash: :annihilate: in my future.

:help:

I actually used to have trouble with this one myself. Then I read yes, you lie down, but you lay something else down. Lie is something you do yourself, or what you tell your child to do... Lay is what you do to inanimate objects. You lay your keys down, lay your book on the table, etc. you lie down and go to sleep.

But here's the kicker: Lay is also the past tense of lie. So I need to lie down, and I lay down two hours ago.

Excellent! :bow: That was always a tricky one!

Mom tells me that Russian is worse.

There's a more confusing language than English?!? :shock:

She took Russian.

Strange language choice. Did she aspire to be a double agent during the cold war? :hmm:

Miss M":13fvhuir said:
Zab":13fvhuir said:

Then, of course, there's the fact that lie is a homograph... The completely different word "lie", spelled the same way, means to speak something that is not true.

:bow: ..At least now I know why it's causing me so much trouble! :slap: :rotfl:

I need to learn russian to see if that really is worse.. :lol:

Zab":11n3ke5g said:
Miss M":11n3ke5g said:
Zab":11n3ke5g said:

:bow: ..At least now I know why it's causing me so much trouble! :slap: :rotfl:

I need to learn russian to see if that really is worse.. :lol:
Yeah, now you know why even Americans can't speak English. :lol:

I just asked Mom about Russian again... she said there were exceptions to every rule, and many words that sounded the same but were different words. So, really, maybe not worse than English, but every bit as bad. Worse, because it wasn't her native language and has a whole different alphabet.

MamaSheepdog":11n3ke5g said:
You wouldn't perchance be implying that that is my only side, now would you? Dominant at times, I will admit... but I do have a good side too, you know. Seldom seen, but there. Really! :p
HA!! Likely story! :wr_noseinair:

Ruh-roh. :eek:

I sense some :chair: :bash: :annihilate: in my future.

:help:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There's a more confusing language than English?!? :shock:
Actually, it's my understanding that Icelandic is the most difficult language to learn. I'm not trying. :shock:

Strange language choice. Did she aspire to be a double agent during the cold war? :hmm:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When she was in college, she figured that it was good to know the enemy's language. :cool:

Oh right.. russian text.. :O

well.. swedish have quite a few words that's the same but different. Val = election, choice, whale ..damm = dust, pond.... får = get, sheep (and to make it fun, in swedish get meeans goat..sheep and goat..lol..but får is no goat...).. ekar = oaks, echoeing, a type of small boats in plural..

spelled the same but pronounced differently: trumpet - grumpily, or a musical instrument... men - but, injury (and Män = men :p)

Spelling issues: Kol, kål, koll... dam, damm... enda, ända, ändå ... lam, lamm ... well yeah, lots of those where double letters making differenses. and the whole ch-sounds: ch,kj,tj,k and sj-sound:sj,stj,sh,sk,j,g,sch...

Anyway.. I trust you. I won't try to learn either russian nor icelandic.. :lol: Although icelandic sound way cool! :p

french is pretty hard also (I think the accents are)
like you can say: Le ver vert dans le vert verre (the green worm is in the green cup, I think)
but, I must agree, english is very hard

Back