need advice on bopping

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really Grumpy you are a writer, and you can't decern from the from the text that I was not soley selecting you, but humans as a whole.....or are you bringing religious dogma into this conversation?? I didn't search you out buddy, and could care less about your approval to how I feel.....so back the horse up, slow down and don't be offended.....as it was not intented in anyway to be a insult tward you, or anyone....if you choose to take it that way....tough! :?

Bowbuild, this did sound like you were replying in an insulting way directly to Grumpy.
bowbuild":1ydlcetg said:
Well, then I suspect you do things on pure instinct, like a animal??
Bowbuild
It was not easy to discern whether you were speaking in first person to Grumpy or speaking about humanity as a whole. That has no reflection on Grumpy as a writer. There was also no mention of dogma, and a discussion about it won't help the OP answer her question about the Swedish method of dispatch.

This site is special because people are usually able to talk respectfully without descending into insults or attacks, even if they disagree. Let's keep it that way, and also keep to the topic.

the reluctant farmer":2m8of38m said:
Bowbuild, this did sound like you were replying in an insulting way directly to Grumpy.
bowbuild":2m8of38m said:
Well, then I suspect you do things on pure instinct, like a animal??
Bowbuild
It was not easy to discern whether you were speaking in first person to Grumpy or speaking about humanity as a whole. That has no reflection on Grumpy as a writer. There was also no mention of dogma, and a discussion about it won't help the OP answer her question about the Swedish method of dispatch.

This site is special because people are usually able to talk respectfully without descending into insults or attacks, even if they disagree. Let's keep it that way, and also keep to the topic.

I agree, and it would be helpful if someone ASKS if they think someone is insulting them, instead of assuming.....or do you disagree? I was having a fine exchange (with Katiebear) if you read through the thread where I entered.......keep in mind GRACEFULLY Katiebear felt as though she might have offended me, to the contrary, I was not offended at all.....so please read all the text before you make assumptions on one question, of which there was a clear (at least in my mind when wrote) explanation of what I was saying.

I refuse to engage any more on this part of the thread as it is much too rediculious to continue, and is off topic....if anyone wants to continue I have a PM box.....done.

hoodat":1ajp7vhe said:
I prefer the pellet gun where the spine meets the skull. I have two pellet guns pumped up and ready in case I don't get a clean kill on the first shot.

I prefer a pellet gun too. I had a .22 Crosman pellet rifle that was pump action. It eventually needed a rebuild so I bought a Crosman 1088 .177 CO2 pistol and couldn't be happier with it. I make sure I have a full cartridge before I start a processing session. It comes with an eight shot magazine that can use pellets or BB's. I use pellets for the rabbits and BB's for putting down kits when necessary and general target shooting around the yard. The pistol is very easy to use. It usually works on the first shot but the magazine gives me the extra shots at hand in case I need them.

bowbuild":2yw5vsvz said:
Really Grumpy you are a writer, and you can't decern from the from the text that I was not soley selecting you, but humans as a whole.....or are you bringing religious dogma into this conversation?? I didn't search you out buddy, and could care less about your approval to how I feel.....so back the horse up, slow down and don't be offended.....as it was not intented in anyway to be a insult tward you, or anyone....if you choose to take it that way....tough! :?

Bowbuild, I agree with the reluctant farmer. I have to admit that on reading your post, it sounded to me that the line (Well, then I suspect you do things on pure instinct, like a animal??) was directed at Grumpy, not humanity as a whole. It may not have been your intent, but please bear this unfortunate misunderstanding in mind when you word your posts.

I see this post has taken a weird turn. But I like to add my 2 cents. :p Even if we don't agree on how to dispatch. We can all agree that rabbit are sentient beings and should be taken care of and treated with the respect and love they deserve. NO I'm no vegetarian. I'm wholly carnivore with a touch of veg here and there. :lol: But I'm a firm believer in my food having a good life prior to being dinner and dispatch should be quick and as painless as possible. I've been weighing the different methods. Grumpy uses his hands, and the rabbit appears to not suffer. I've see the rabbit wringer and again the buns seem to not suffer. Some use the bob method and it also seems effective and little to no suffering. The captive bolt thing seems effective as well. For myself, given my lack of aim, and bad back and shoulder I'll most likely be using the bolt thing. The key is to find what works for you and strive to keep the suffering down. :x Lower stress=better meat. :D

Yeah, it did get kinda weird didn't it ? I guess people can get pretty passionate.
I too have decided on the captive bolt..I have it on order hope to receive it before the next group of fryers is ready to go to camp.
After having tried both the bop, and the c.d. I can say that the bop is better for me but only because I get bruising with the c.d. this tells me that I am not doing the c.d. correctly.So I will not do that.
The bop, well..I am 54 years old I don't have the strength in my arms and back that I once had. This works but after 6 or 7 I get pretty worn out.
I can honestly say that for myself, dispatch is the hardest part of the job. If not physically, then emotionally., I must have the quickest and most humane method...that is why i researched and even tried out the methods myself.
I believe you and I had a conversation on another thread about this...the Ballista captive bolt, any experience? thread...
I do love and care for my rabbits. I spend time with them every day, and I spend even more time on the day...I thank them and I always say good bye.If it was easy for me ...I wouldn't do it....But when it comes down to dispatch ..I think each person must decide what is best for themselves.

Back