Meet Steel Magnolia--the Revealer of Secrets!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
This is my newest pride and joy, Steel Magnolia. She is a purebred Silver Fox. As it turns out, her mom and dad both carry the wool gene (she is the "revealer of secrets") and she inherited it in full! I think she is beautiful and will be a part of developing a line a angora wooled Silver Foxes for my own joy and spinning pleasure.

Steel Magnolia 7 weeks.jpg
Steel Magnolia 7wks profile.jpg
SMagnolia 7wks posing.jpg
SMagnolia fur 7wks.jpg

o_O hu...I had a little buck that was really wooly..figured he was just taking forever to lose a baby coat or something. Finally did get his standard-ish coat by around four months but he still has little patches of it. I guess he only got it from one parent? He is my little dwarf of a silver fox though, the one I think has silver in him instead of being pure...so who knows ~shrug~ I know when he was all puffy he was almost two cute for words so grats on the adorable little fluff :)

Sinnfox":16swebvb said:
o_O hu...I had a little buck that was really wooly..figured he was just taking forever to lose a baby coat or something. Finally did get his standard-ish coat by around four months but he still has little patches of it. I guess he only got it from one parent? He is my little dwarf of a silver fox though, the one I think has silver in him instead of being pure...so who knows ~shrug~ I know when he was all puffy he was almost two cute for words so grats on the adorable little fluff :)

I have a crossbred FAngoraXSilver Fox buck (the silver fox buck is not a wool carrier) from a test breeding of the FAngora doe. This buck is "fuzzy" but not carrying a full-blown angora coat by a long shot. His coat is neither "SF" for "FAngora". But, since he now is a wool gene and SF carrier, he will be used in the line of creating woolie SFs.

For the purists out there -- I'll also be maintaining a Silver Fox line focused on meeting the SOP. Never fear -- I won't be passing my woolie SFs off as Standard SFs.

Very cool, what bloodline carries the wool gene?

You are making me want a woolie SF!

dangerbunny":1419f14z said:
Very cool, what bloodline carries the wool gene?

You are making me want a woolie SF!

Summer 4
Starck's Big Jake

If Steel Magnolia develops the wool that Starck's woolies have developed, I will be very happy. (And, for truth in advertising, Starck did not introduce the wool gene. She discovered it during linebreeding....along with a harli gene. She has been fully forthcoming in letting folks know what she has discovered in her SF line.)

Keep us posted on the fur quality of the cross bunnies. If their fur is suitable for spinning, I might end up breeding some fuzzy SFs too.

Northern Sky":3ps60kwh said:
Keep us posted on the fur quality of the cross bunnies. If their fur is suitable for spinning, I might end up breeding some fuzzy SFs too.

Will do! Spinning quality is the one question yet to be answered. Time will tell...it's going to be like waiting for Christmas!

Back