LOTR Marathon

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celice":274a4d7d said:
JenerationX":274a4d7d said:
Going to see The Hobbit tonight! Can't wait!

tonight!!!??? I thought it showed tomorrow??

It officially opens tomorrow. Some theaters have a sneak peak tonight. Evening shows only. Yesterday they had the 3 movie marathon.. I thought about doing that, but couldn't spend 10 hours.

THAT sounds like fun MissM. (I know I'm a bit late.) Is the newest LOTR Hobbit any good? Think there are 2 of them now right?

Took my nieces, mom, and sister to see it today.... awesome time! I somehow didn't remember anything about the movie other than the credits the first time I saw it.... my brain decided it didn't want to remember much about the traumatic car accident night I guess. It was funny because as I was watching this time it all felt familiar but I still didn't know exactly what was going to happen. LOL

I got a couple of movie gift cards for Christmas, so I may just go see it again a few more times. I love the big screen.

We figure we'll see the Hobbit movies when they appear in the thrift stores... we've read so much about how the story was so radically altered, we just weren't interested in going to the theater for them, or even buying the DVDs new. The LOTR movies followed the books very well, and where they departed, it was understandable for the transition from book to screen.

But I'm glad you went again and were able to enjoy it! It's funny how the brain can just intentionally forget things. I know that I went on a rollercoaster ride with my husband some 23 years ago, but I have no memory of it -- except for a single snippet of a memory of being pulled backwards up the initial incline. That's it. :lol:

No...the hobbit movies didn't follow the book at all... but they were entertaining. :)

It gave me an excuse to take the kids to the theater once a year for the last few years, and I'm grateful for that.

Zass":hf3v3knb said:
No...the hobbit movies didn't follow the book at all... but they were entertaining. :)
They look entertaining, which is why we will watch them eventually.

Zass":hf3v3knb said:
It gave me an excuse to take the kids to the theater once a year for the last few years, and I'm grateful for that.
We use Pixar movies for that. :p

MamaSheepdog":2b5cntq3 said:
Miss M":2b5cntq3 said:
MamaSheepdog wrote: :thinking: I know! Box those lembas up and send them to me! :p You can then hit Walmart on your way home to get the more "traditional movie treats". :yes:

Yeah, and you're just a good citizen trying to help out, right? :roll:

Well, yes, of course! I'm surprised you had to ask. :?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:evil: You aren't questioning the purity of my motives, are you?!?!

JenerationX":2b5cntq3 said:
I finished the book just now... I've read it probably once a year for the past 30.

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd out there that reads books over and over and OVER again. :geek: My LOTR books have probably been replaced at least 3 or 4 times after they have fallen apart. :roll:

Nope, I do this too...I am on my 5 or 6th readthru of the Outlander books, trying to make it thru to April! LOL I have read LOTR so many times, Chronicles of Narnia SO many times, etc.

OneAcreFarm":2c0bugkg said:
I have read LOTR so many times, Chronicles of Narnia SO many times, etc.

I need to break out the Narnia series when I get the next chance to read. It's been a good 10 years or so since I last delved into some C.S. Lewis.

Rereading is why I need more book shelves than I have. Well, the fact I would need to make twice what I do in order to afford new books every week and I love visiting old (& new) friends often comes into play also.

Back